IPad - something weird on WS today, you too?

elmomom

Reaction score
About 10 minutes ago I had a pop up on my ipad, like you get when you have a PM or something. But it seemed to be about jelly splash having sold a billion copies or something. The only choice I had was to hit ok or cancel. I hit cancel. Everything went back to normal. Has never happened to me before and WS was the only tab opened on Safari at the time. Has this happened to anyone else?

About 10 minutes ago I had a pop up on my ipad, like you get when you have a PM or something. But it seemed to be about jelly splash having sold a billion copies or something. The only choice I had was to hit ok or cancel. I hit cancel. Everything went back to normal. Has never happened to me before and WS was the only tab opened on Safari at the time. Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes, it has happened to me twice today. It seems to me to be in concert with a JellySplash advertisement appearing on the right hand side. I hit cancel as well but it is totally annoying!

Thanks, Nora, misery loves company! I've always had a Mac, and I have never had any problems. I don't even have any antiviral software running on it. I am a little more worried having an ipad since they are so popular and no one writes any protection software for them at all that I know of - it just seems like it is a sitting duck for people to try and take advantage of, IYKWIM

My DH installed this on MY iPad (he stole it and won't give it back :mad:)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIgsdkGOzXc"] for iOS Safari Ad Blocking for iPhone and iPad No Jailbreak Required - YouTube[/ame]

I *think* it only works with the iOS7 though, but not sure?????? Cost $1

Thanks, Nora, misery loves company! I've always had a Mac, and I have never had any problems. I don't even have any antiviral software running on it. I am a little more worried having an ipad since they are so popular and no one writes any protection software for them at all that I know of - it just seems like it is a sitting duck for people to try and take advantage of, IYKWIM
The JellySplash link goes directly to iTunes using the Safari browser on an iPad, all of which are owned by Apple so I am currently not too worried.

Hopefully, however, it won't become commonplace. If it does, I might consider using an such as the one in the video above.

Otherwise, I have to say, I totally love my iPad which i have had for 2 years with no problems whatsoever.

I had a *advertiser censored* site pop up once. I have more than once clicked on something accidentally because I don't let the page fully load but I've never seen any ad on here that could be anything like that. It freaked me out big time. Not sure if it was because I was using free wifi and it may have come through if someone else was viewing things. That might not even be a possibility.

I had a *advertiser censored* site pop up once. I have more than once clicked on something accidentally because I don't let the page fully load but I've never seen any ad on here that could be anything like that. It freaked me out big time. Not sure if it was because I was using free wifi and it may have come through if someone else was viewing things. That might not even be a possibility.

For awhile, I had a *advertiser censored* site called badoink (I think) popping up a lot when I was using WS on my iPad, but not on other sites. This was on my home WiFi. I reported it to WS. Eventually it stopped, but I don't remember if I did anything else. As I recall, it took me to the App Store, but there was nothing like that there. It was disgusting.

The *advertiser censored* pop ups and other unwanted ones have been widely discussed on ipad forums. They are a complete pain. I just clear my cookies if they start to happen. Viruses etc aren't really a significant problem with an ipad I think, as apple controls everything, and any programs written for it have to be submitted to apple first.

I have a 'delay' problem on some sites sometimes, when typing. So the letters I type appear seconds after they should do, or there's a long pause and they all appear at once. That really drives me crazy!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back