Elizabeth's Laptop

kissdegirl

Reaction score
Your right they could have gone to the library together but used EJ's account.
I wonder whose idea it was to get rid of EJ's computer. EJ seemed pretty hooked on her computer. I bet it was harder for her to part with it than with Gabriel. I'm hoping LE found out the truth of what she did with the computer. I saw an ad from a person looking to buy a GPS around the time EJ was going to take off and the same person was then selling a lap top a month later in January. I think I read something where TPS said EJ sold her laptop. I will have to find out where I saw that.

I'm not sure where the first "sold her laptop" report came from...but this was from NG Jan 20th
GRACE: Excellent question. Matt Zarrell, we`ve tried to track down the money amount as best as we can. We know she had cash. She had expensive manicures and pedicures while she was on the lam. And she went on a couple of shopping sprees and bought all new clothes for herself. But when the baby-sitter was in the motel room, there was hardly anything for baby Gabriel. How does the money add up? Hold on. I know that she sold her dog or dogs, right before she left, for a couple hundred dollars. She took in a renter for $400 or $500. What else do we know? Did she sell her laptop?

ZARRELL: Yes. Apparently, she sold her laptop. She gave away baby clothes. But what`s interesting, Nancy, is what police are saying is the numbers just don`t add up.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/20/ng.01.html

Then they continue on with how the money added up.

Here's TS on Jan 13th on NG

GRACE: So, Tammi Smith, where do you think she got the money?

SMITH: I asked her that. She told me that when she left she had $2,000. She sold jewelry, her laptop computer, her dogs. She got $400 for rent and she got a check. I asked her if these people even -- I said, well, did the people even give you money to compensate for the trip that you had to make? And she said no.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/13/ng.01.html

Was it ever verified that Elizabeth had a computer? Looks like the only mention of one was that once from Tammi.

According to the poll, we maybe shouldn't believe anything Tammi says. (Can't even get the woman a sympathy vote!) :)

Was it ever verified that Elizabeth had a computer? Looks like the only mention of one was that once from Tammi.

According to the poll, we maybe shouldn't believe anything Tammi says. (Can't even get the woman a sympathy vote!) :)

No, it really has not. I didn't think of that. So it could be possible TPS sent us on another wild goose chase.

ETA: If this is the case then that is just more misleading information to stall the investigation. Can someone be charged with misleading information?

No, it really has not. I didn't think of that. So it could be possible TPS sent us on another wild goose chase.

ETA: If this is the case then that is just more misleading information to stall the investigation. Can someone be charged with misleading information?

Lil..didn't you ask about the laptop on the questions for the family thread and there was no confirmation??? Hope I'm not O/T...

Or there really was a laptop, but there would be evidence on it (search history, names, websites, etc.) and TS knew this, so she threw the story out there that EJ sold it...she couldn't say EJ threw it away or got rid of it, b/c then everyone would want to know why, BUT selling it along with all her other stuff people probably wouldn't question.

ETA: to bring this back on-topic for this thread, if TS helped EJ get rid of a laptop and TS threw the sale of the laptop out there to mislead, IMO it supports that she IS the third party.

Okay, I asked because you said "she's still not talking". So if I understand you correctly, it's that you believe she's talking, but telling lies.

Did EJ have a laptop? Has anyone except Tammi mentioned a laptop?

Do you know for a fact that EJ didn't explain the role of the HG? Or where the diaper bag is?

EJ's backpack was found by LE. They found everything except the diaper bag. (Reference: Questions/Answers from the Family thread). What led you to believe it was missing?

What leads you to believe LE has no additional evidence and that there have been no further searches on TPS?

I'm not sure there's still no FBI involvement. I think I saw the FBI phone number on some of the new billboards.

According to Tim's (Logan's attorney) interview, it appears that LE is now sort of split 50/50 on believing EJ killed Gabe and EJ handed off Gabe.

BBM

Ok, here's a theory regarding A laptop computer mentioned by TPS.

Suppose TPS had a laptop and was doing all the searches to set this whole thing up on it, and bookmarking everything she wanted EJ to read. Then when TayJay had Gabriel (when EJ reported LM had kidnapped him), perhaps it was to give EJ time to take the laptop and read all the stuff TPS wanted her to know.

TPS may have then told EJ she could sell the laptop to get money for her trip, knowing full well that if EJ got caught on the run OR if the laptop was found, it would lead back to EJ (as the seller), and not to TPS.

Maybe the computer searches started at the library, like someone said earlier, with TPS using EJ's ID. And then it was easier for TPS to just buy a cheap laptop to put all the info on and give it to EJ. Because TPS STILL is adamant that LE needs to go to the library and check that computer for usage by EJ - which sounds like a setup to cover TPS's tracks, to me.

Has anyone ever confirmed WHEN and how EJ and TPS really met, and how much contact they have REALLY had since their first meeting? It would give a better idea how far back to look for computer searches. Right now we publicly only have TPS's word on them not having contact until (was it) the end of November?

I have trouble believing for EJ to trust TPS so much that they hadn't been in almost constant contact from day 1. Because TPS sure seems to know an awful lot about EJ for having only known her for "2 weeks". :snake:

ETA: Even with all her lies, there always seems to be at least ONE grain of truth or clue in everything TPS says.

should we re ask the family if indeed, to their knowledge, that EJ had a laptop.If they say no, then that would certainly lead me to believe TS bought her one or provided her one.

Hmm, I wonder if LE, in their search of TPS, ever ran across a receipt for a purchase of a laptop between the time TPS FIRST met EJ and when EJ ran....

Hmm, I wonder if LE, in their search of TPS, ever ran across a receipt for a purchase of a laptop between the time TPS FIRST met EJ and when EJ ran....

Not a bad thought, however, with 5 business's she could probably justify purchasing one. JMO

Ok, here's another thought.... Since no one (to my knowledge) has ever found an ad showing EJ was selling the laptop, what if we look in reverse? Perhaps someone had posted an ad LOOKING for a laptop, and TPS told EJ to call that ad and sell the laptop to him/her? Then if EJ sold it cheap, the person who bought it could have turned around and resold it to make a few bucks on it so they could buy an even better computer.

Just thinking out loud here....

Not a bad thought, however, with 5 business's she could probably justify purchasing one. JMO

True enough, kappy, but could she show she still had it??? If one WAS purchased for business, you'd think it would still be in her possession.

I know there was talk of an IPOD Touch before, was that ever found or was it part of theory? Can't remember. I think it's pretty clear she didn't have the laptop in SA since she was seen using the hotel's computer and the library computer. So IF she had her computer it would of been ditched in AZ or along the way to SA? She posted craigslist ads but always left her phone number to call-so maybe she didn't have a laptop. Her grandfather made comments that she was good on the computer but I don't remember him mentioning her computer.

I know there was talk of an IPOD Touch before, was that ever found or was it part of theory? Can't remember. I think it's pretty clear she didn't have the laptop in SA since she was seen using the hotel's computer and the library computer. So IF she had her computer it would of been ditched in AZ or along the way to SA? She posted craigslist ads but always left her phone number to call-so maybe she didn't have a laptop. Her grandfather made comments that she was good on the computer but I don't remember him mentioning her computer.

BBM

IMHO, if I was trying to raise money in a hurry, I'd leave a phone number to call, too, so that you have instant contact with the buyer, rather than through email.

BBM

IMHO, if I was trying to raise money in a hurry, I'd leave a phone number to call, too, so that you have instant contact with the buyer, rather than through email.

True or maybe she knew she was about to get rid of it.

Was there internet access in the hotel room? Everytime I go to a hotel even if they say they have internet access, I never can get it to work.

True enough, kappy, but could she show she still had it??? If one WAS purchased for business, you'd think it would still be in her possession.

Could be. TS may have just upgraded an older one she may have had and given EJ her old one.

BBM

I'd go to a pawn shop myself for quick money....

should we re ask the family if indeed, to their knowledge, that EJ had a laptop.If they say no, then that would certainly lead me to believe TS bought her one or provided her one.

It would certainly help to verify if 1) EJ had a laptop of her own for some period of time known to LM and the family and 2) if there's any record of TS purchasing one in the months prior to Gabriel's disappearance.

The idea of this phantom laptop makes a lot of sense to me if TS set this whole thing up for EJ. What better way to secretly communicate and make plans than with your own laptop that can conveniently disappear under the guise of EJ selling all her stuff to raise money? One can gain internet access publicly in many coffee shops, restaurants, etc. that offer free wi-fi.

Either EJ or TS could have had the laptop to do the searches / research and to communicate with others. Supposing TS gave EJ a laptop right when she had Gabriel in December and TS gave EJ a mission to find out certain information and make certain plans.

Then they get rid of the laptop somehow.

TS is insistent upon LE searching her computers b/c she is confident that they won't find the computer the bulk of the work was done on.

If somehow they do recover it, TS conveniently lets out the info that EJ had a laptop and sold it, thus tying the laptop to EJ and not to her, she believes.

TS points to public computers like the library as another misdirection, b/c again she is confident that the info they needed was not on those public computers.

Just my thoughts...but again, I think it makes a lot of sense that there is a "secret" laptop that was somehow disposed of.

I'd go to a pawn shop myself for quick money....

I probably would, too, but if I didn't want the laptop found and wanted to leave no paper trail to follow, I'd sell it through a "wanted" ad. I've never been to a pawn shop myself, but aren't you supposed to have ID to sell expensive items?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back