WM3 on Piers Morgan tonight

Damien, Lori and Jason on live. I hope they talk about what they are doing now. Are they living in West Memphis? I read that Jesse is supposed to be on via satellite, although he hasnt been yet.

I totally understand Jessie not appearing. He is not capable of handling that type of questioning - not because he is guilty but because he has an IQ of 72. Here's a link for anyone who missed it:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/29/justice/piers-morgan-west-memphis-three/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

Of course, I thought it was a very good show. Jason is much more self assured than he was back in '93. Damien was eloquent, as usual. Sadly, he still has the look of a hunted animal. I guess it will fade in time, but it's understandable after all he went through in prison. I'm glad that they're doing as well as they are. I can't imagine what it would be like to be locked away from friends and family for almost 20 years. I wish them continued success and happiness - and eventual exoneration!

I found it very sad to see Damien. He went away a rebellious, arrogant kid and has come back to society an old man. I wish him all the best. I have to believe everything happens for a reason.

Oh gee...I was hoping that things were much more positive for them. I am really sad about Damien...

I'm just going on the posts here...haven't seen it yet.

Lol, at Jason trying to order coffee. Bless him.

Wow...just read the print article. Did not know what Jason went thru in prison (heavy physical abuse by other prisoners)...

Ohmygosh, bless these men. And bless Jason for accepting the Alford plea to save Damien from death.

I still want to see the video, tho. :)

Did Misskelley ever get to appear for an interview yet? I think it's odd if he hasn't made an appearance, but the others have. I wonder if he would continue to confess and blow their cover and the upcoming documentary if he were interviewed.

I totally understand Jessie not appearing. He is not capable of handling that type of questioning - not because he is guilty but because he has an IQ of 72. Here's a link for anyone who missed it:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/29/justice/piers-morgan-west-memphis-three/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

Of course, I thought it was a very good show. Jason is much more self assured than he was back in '93. Damien was eloquent, as usual. Sadly, he still has the look of a hunted animal. I guess it will fade in time, but it's understandable after all he went through in prison. I'm glad that they're doing as well as they are. I can't imagine what it would be like to be locked away from friends and family for almost 20 years. I wish them continued success and happiness - and eventual exoneration!
You know, I could completely understand if they did not pursue exoneration, did not pursue going after the real killer(s)...if they just decided to live out their lives in whatever peace and happiness they can find.

There are many lessons to be learned via this case. Kudos to those that are open to the learning.

I saw the clips on CNN, but does anyone have a link to the full show? I don't get CNN on cable. Thanks! Mel.

I only caught the last 15 minutes or so unfortunately so I hope I get to watch it another time.
Yes,it was sad to see Damian ,he seemed pretty down,but I know he has some amazing art coming out soon !
It was hard to read about Jason and what he went through.
Again Jason,Damian and Lorri seemed like such an ispiration.Kind,thoughtful,beautiful people.
As for Jessie,this is what he posted on facebook :

I hope u guys are'nt dissapointed cause i choose not to do the interview, just not good timeing, will chose to do so at a later time, thank you

And before that Stephanie Dollar posted this :

I just want to let everyone know that Jessie has decided not to do cnn he was just very uncomfortable about doing it. He said to tell everyone he is sorry and eventually he will do an interview but hes just not ready right now. He hopes everyone understands.

I just don't think he wants to deal with any of that right now.It has nothing to do with "messing up" or making them feel guilty.
There are some of his friend & family posting a bit hostile towards Damian & Jason for giving interviews.Saying things like "they're just after the money"
Jesse is a homeboy.He's just enjoying time with family.
Damian and Jason are looking at the big picture.There is still a fight to be won.
Like Lorri said most importantly they want to find out who did this and hopefully be exonarated.
Anyways this case is not closed.

Here are some clips for anyone who wants to see: http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/29/justice/piers-morgan-west-memphis-three/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

At the very end of one clip, Damien described trying to end his life in prison due to the hopelessness. Jason clasps his shoulder in a sympathetic sign of support. Choked me up.

I really feel for these guys. I hope they can heal.
I didn't see that.

It truly is a miracle that these guys are free! Thank gosh for their many supporters over the years! And needless to say, their imprisonment should never have happened, and it shouldn't have taken all it did to free them...

Did anyone else think Piers interrupted quite a bit?He said towards the end before they went to commercial break that they were going to discuss who may be responsible for the murders yet it wasn't mentioned when they came back.Was it a pre-recorded?

Did anyone else think Piers interrupted quite a bit?He said towards the end before they went to commercial break that they were going to discuss who may be responsible for the murders yet it wasn't mentioned when they came back.Was it a pre-recorded?

Yes, I thought he interrupted them a bit too much. I read quite a few comments on the CNN site that stated the same. It was pre-recorded. I could tell where the clips were cut and pieced together. If you watch closely you can see it. I am not sure if the editing made it seem like he interrupted them more than he did or if he really did, KWIM?

I had never watched him and did not know if the show was live like Larry King used to do and a lot of Nancy Grace shows are broadcast, I think it would have been better if it was live but I was still glad to see them on TV.

As for your last comment he may of said that then was told by a WMFree lawyer standing off to the side or by the WMFree themselves not to ask the question because they won't name names.

JMO

Here are some clips for anyone who wants to see: http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/29/justice/piers-morgan-west-memphis-three/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

At the very end of one clip, Damien described trying to end his life in prison due to the hopelessness. Jason clasps his shoulder in a sympathetic sign of support. Choked me up.

I really feel for these guys. I hope they can heal.
I haven't seen it and not sure I could bear seeing it.

Does no one "get" the despair caused by miscarriage of "justice", misuse of power and authority? (I know that many of us do get it, I'm just venting)

Someone might have ended their very valuable life/existence and potential....to say nothing of the abuse and confinement endured for 18 years...

I am disgusted...

Even ****** IF ****** any one of them were guilty as charged, our justice system failed/malfunctioned/was abused and it needs to be fixed...

(oops! :angel:)

Did Misskelley ever get to appear for an interview yet? I think it's odd if he hasn't made an appearance, but the others have. I wonder if he would continue to confess and blow their cover and the upcoming documentary if he were interviewed.

He was not on the show and oddly enough there was no mention of his absence or an explanation. I think thats weird. Frankly, I dont buy the continuous explanation that his IQ is 72. He can talk for God Sake. I would love to see his interview!

He was not on the show and oddly enough there was no mention of his absence or an explanation. I think thats weird. Frankly, I dont buy the continuous explanation that his IQ is 72. He can talk for God Sake. I would love to see his interview!

i believe Piers said that he declined to appear. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back