GUILTY MI - Mariha Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

Just watched and it was actually her cousin not her boyfriend. He refers to mom as his cousin.

Thank you.... I must be loosing it It sound like he (MM) said at 1:22 he was the little girls mom boyfriend...

Going to go listen again....

snipped for clarity and BBM

Konesha Smith said she believes someone kidnapped her daughter.
But she said she couldn't remember anything because when the disappearance of 5-year-old Mariha Trenice Smith was discovered early Sunday, Konesha Smith was drunk and passed out on the couch after a party at the home she shared with her sister in the 3800 block of Burlingame.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110726/NEWS01/107260418/Burned-girl-s-body-may-linked-missing-child

They discovered her disappearance early Sunday? Is noon early for them after a party (not impossible) or did they in fact notice her gone earlier than we've been told before?

amber alert

the detroit police department is investigating an incident of an endangered missing child mariha trenice smith from 3827 burlingame street, detroit, michigan.

Mariha trenice smith's description is as follows: Black female, 5 years old, 2 feet 5 inches, 26 pounds black eyes and black hair and was wearing a black t-shirt with pink flowers on it and blue jean pants.

Mariha trenice smith was last seen by her mother sleeping on the family home floor between 3:00am and noon on sunday july 24, 2011.

The detroit police department says mariha trenice smith was allegedly abducted from her residence by an unknown abductor between 3:00am-12:00pm on sunday july 24, 2011.

If you have any information on the alleged victim or abductor immediately telephone 911 or detroit police department at 313-596-5900.

download-image.do

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/amberexternalfcservlet?act=retambercase&amberid=8770

what! Five years old and only twenty six pounds and only two feet five inches tall? What?

"I want everybody to shout at the top of their lungs," Bishop Chris Gardner asked his flock Monday afternoon at St. Luke Missionary Baptist Church on the city's west side, a few blocks from where 5-year-old Mariha Trenice Smith went missing Sunday between 3 a.m. and noon.
"Mariha — we're praying for you."

http://detnews.com/article/20110726...rred-body-is-missing-5-year-old#ixzz1TE9db9Ay

mariha.png

I'm praying for you, Mariha.

Thank you.... I must be loosing it It sound like he (MM) said at 1:22 he was the little girls mom boyfriend...

Going to go listen again....

They do and he's also identified as boyfriend in the captions

They discovered her disappearance early Sunday? Is noon early for them after a party (not impossible) or did they in fact notice her gone earlier than we've been told before?

I wish noon was early, i'd love to sleep in until noon. If i get to sleep until 10 on a Sunday i consider that late. JMO.

Who knows what happened here. I cannot imagine the Guilt i would feel in knowing i was passed out drunk/drugged while my child was taken, possibly sexually assaulted and killed then possibly burnt beyond recognition.

Regardless of her condition, IMO no one was caring adequately for those children.

i'm not going to bash the mom or anyone until i know more about what happened. i also know i'm far from perfect. when my kids were little i unfortunately would party with alcohol and pot. kids would be in their rooms. we also had instead of a designated driver a designated child caregiver. this person wouldn't drink nor smoke pot. sometimes there were even two because if i or one of my friends were pregnant we wouldn't party but we would be the one to watch the kids. we were young from 18 - 23. i know we were lucky, no child got hurt. but that sure wasn't because we were great parents. looking back on it i KNOW it was just shear luck. luckily as i got older and my kids did too i stopped doing that. i wouldn't allow drinking or drugs around them.

Is her name spelled correctly??

I see on a FB page, one of her Uncles saying he is going to get Mariah's (not Mariha) name tattooed on him today.

Really??? Weird, I must have watched a different video... Sorry

No, you were right...Kind-of..

It seems that they run them together on there...
And when I was posting it kept putting the one with the cousin on it.
The the Hamburger commercial, then the one with the boyfriend.

"I want everybody to shout at the top of their lungs," Bishop Chris Gardner asked his flock Monday afternoon at St. Luke Missionary Baptist Church on the city's west side, a few blocks from where 5-year-old Mariha Trenice Smith went missing Sunday between 3 a.m. and noon.
"Mariha — we're praying for you."

http://detnews.com/article/20110726...rred-body-is-missing-5-year-old#ixzz1TE9db9Ay

mariha.png

I'm praying for you, Mariha.

She is a gorgeous little girl. I so hope she is found okay and that she just wandered off or something. :(

I admit that I have just now dropped in on this case but already I'm totally shocked at a couple of things.

On the video below, there is a burned out house where a little girl's body was just found and dna is being checked with the mother who "lost" the five year old little girl to identify the little girl. However, I'm a bit surprised that there is no crime scene tape barricade at all around this crime scene where the little girl was burned...........:waitasec:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/28666404/index.html

I'm also confused as to who exactly was responsible for caring for the children during this all nighter party?

The mother's sister is also her aunt?
The mother's boyfriend is also her cousin?

Help me here.

I'll keep reading but sadly I think I know where this case is going. The possibility that another little five year old girl is missing and was burned in a crack house about a mile from a missing five year old girl's house is just not feasible to me.

:banghead:

Latest on noon news WDIV (Channel 4) www.clickondetroit.com :

* Police continue to question Konesha Smith regarding the disappearance of her daughter

* Konesha Smith to have DNA test at nearby hospital for comparison to charred remains in burned house

* Arson investigators at the scene of the fire found a small piece of a black shirt with pink rosebuds that matches the description of the shirt that Mariha was wearing when last seen

* Grandmother prays with Mariha's cousins and asks G-d to protect the little girl's "soul"

The grandma has made some unusual comments. I don't have a good feeling about the outcome here. jmo

http://www.freep.com/article/20110726/NEWS01/107260418/1001/news

Konesha Smith said she believes someone kidnapped her daughter.

But she said she couldn't remember anything because when the disappearance of 5-year-old Mariha Trenice Smith was discovered early Sunday, Konesha Smith was drunk and passed out on the couch after a party at the home she shared with her sister in the 3800 block of Burlingame.

***These are the mother's words!
It's not like I'm making this up. I wish I was.

Wow, now where have we heard this story before.......:waitasec: sounds way too familiar...........doesn't it?

IIRC it was between 11am and noon Sunday when someone realized Mariha was missing.

Respectfully -

By using the words "passed out" that doesn't necessarily mean someone drank so much they "blacked out" the night before. The term "passed out" can mean the same as she fell asleep on me, both meaning the person fell asleep.

When my son was 5 months old, and still today now that he is almost 9 years old he sleeps through the night and can go more than 8 hours without needing attention on a nightly basis. He wakes up to pee in the middle of the night. Sometimes it awakens me. Most times it does not. he rarely sleeps only 8 hours on non school nights and usually sleeps 10 hours an evening. He's a heavy sleeper. Earlier this month he was camping with his dad and slept through a thunderstorm while sleeping in a tent.

I think it is the period of which 8 hours during a 24 hour period this family was asleep that is so "shocking". If she was drunk and slept between 10 pm and 6am would her children likely be sleeping? Maybe the children in this home usually sleep between midnight and 10 am so mom got up not far from her normal wake up time.

Not everyone who parents has the usual daytime hours. I've known a few married couples with SAHM's where the husband works second shift. These families routinely kept their toddlers up until after daddy got home for a late dinner with dad and time with daddy after he got home from work. 1am to these toddlers/preschoolers was no different than the average families 7pm.

I think it is fair to discuss a parents state of mind but I also think it is unfair to leap to the conclusion every adult in this home that night consumed so much they all blacked out seriously endangering the lives of these children. I also think it is unfair to assume these children were exposed to college like frat parties, this was a group of *up to* 6 adults according to MSM reports. Two of the adults whom shared a home together with their children. No reports of anyone leaving so intoxicated they got a DUI or were busted for public intoxication......

Just saying and JMO

She is a gorgeous little girl. I so hope she is found okay and that she just wandered off or something. :(

An earlier MSM article I posted and linked stated the clothing found on the not yet positively identified child had remnents of clothing that matched the clothing Mariha was last seen wearing. A tiny bit of clothing found between her body and the mattress.

:(

I'll add if everyone was so toasted they couldn't remember a thing that happened the night before no one would have a clue what Mariha was wearing when she went missng. :innocent:

Wow, i feel sick. I just put the 3800 address into Family watchdog and it's very alarming that so many offenders live in this area. I can't even see the house icon to look close by! Disgusting.

~Respectfully snipped~
I'll add if everyone was so toasted they couldn't remember a thing that happened the night before no one would have a clue what Mariha was wearing when she went missng. :innocent:

And I'll respectfully disagree. To me, it means no one bathed her and got her ready for bed. That she was sleeping in her clothes and not her jammies. :( What time did this party start?

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back