JLM's car

Harmony 2

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Discuss any information pertinent to his vehicles here...

hannah_POI_car.jpg

http://www.wric.com/story/26601163/...thew-person-of-interest-in-hannah-graham-case

jesse-car-being-towed.jpg

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/24/report-c...rs-tripped-up-uva-abduction-suspect-in-texas/

I wonder how long he has has that car.

I wonder how it got in the shape that it is in

The car is of interest to me because LE was able to get a search warrent for it, and even seize it within a week of Hannah's disappearance. Even as they searched and seized the car, they could not touch JM. So there had to be some reason that the car was considered critical evidence enough to get a warrent, but JM was not.

My guess is that the car was IDed as leaving the mall area near where the dogs' scents of Hannah ending but neither JM nor Hannah could be placed as being in that car. The car was IDed both near that area and at the pertinant times.

My other guess is that DNA from the car is what LE has matching the MH case in some way. I don't think the swab results from JM are processed yet.

My other guess is that DNA from the car is what LE has matching the MH case in some way. I don't think the swab results from JM are processed yet.

Would they have been able to recover HG's DNA from the car? Touch DNA? From hair possibly? That would at least prove she was in the car. I didn't think MH DNA would have been found in the car since it was hypothesized JM was driving the taxi back then? I thought perhaps he left blood somewhere near MH or on her shirt given the state she was in (broken bones). JMO

I posted this on another thread couple of days ago

His car is a mess but with it being so old, I wonder if he was diligent about keeping oil changed, etc. When I get an oil change, they place a clear plastic sticker on the inside of the windshield in the upper left corner. It states the odometer reading at the time of the change and the mileage when next change is due. Also, inspection papers list the car's mileage at the time of inspection.

IF (and I admit it's a big *if*) either of those were done soon before Hannah went missing, and police can track his movements between the inspection or oil change and when they took his car, that could give them a general idea of how far he may have driven to dispose of her body.

Thinking the beer bottles from Tempo were in the car, or maybe one of HG's belongings--I don't believe the watch was included on the search list.

I posted this on another thread couple of days ago

His car is a mess but with it being so old, I wonder if he was diligent about keeping oil changed, etc. When I get an oil change, they place a clear plastic sticker on the inside of the windshield in the upper left corner. It states the odometer reading at the time of the change and the mileage when next change is due. Also, inspection papers list the car's mileage at the time of inspection.

IF (and I admit it's a big *if*) either of those were done soon before Hannah went missing, and police can track his movements between the inspection or oil change and when they took his car, that could give them a general idea of how far he may have driven to dispose of her body.

This is completely o/t, so my apologies, but Emaa when reading your post I thought there was a bug on my iPad screen and even tried to squish it. You totally got me!

Good point about the mileage.

I'm curious about the front end damage to his car. Do you suppose LE had a tracking device on his car and JM ripped that off to get rid of it? That would explain why they moved in with the search warrant for the car in the middle of the night. Hmmm. . .

I'm curious about the front end damage to his car. Do you suppose LE had a tracking device on his car and JM ripped that off to get rid of it? That would explain why they moved in with the search warrant for the car in the middle of the night. Hmmm. . .

It looks to me like that car has had some front end damage from an accident. Note the cracks under the drivers side headlight and front spoiler. Nothing seems to line up quite right either and thats telling me a collision of some sort.

IMO JLM wouldnt have gone far after leaving Tempo with Hannah due to the condition of his car. All it would take is one bored police officer passing him on the road and instant excuse to stop him. The inspection sticker is also now 5 months out of date.

At the very least, I wouldnt imagine him driving on the interstate in that as Va state troopers are allowed to stop cars and write citations if they fail their inspections.

Im also seeing nothing on the tires to indicate that JLM went down any dirt roads. Red clay or as Virginians call it, mud, would have been everywhere if that had been the case.

Would they have been able to recover HG's DNA from the car? Touch DNA? From hair possibly? That would at least prove she was in the car. I didn't think MH DNA would have been found in the car since it was hypothesized JM was driving the taxi back then? I thought perhaps he left blood somewhere near MH or on her shirt given the state she was in (broken bones). JMO

BBM/ No. I don't think for an instant that MH's DNA was found in the car. I think that it is possible that some DNA found from items in the car or the car itself matched unidentified DNA in the case files of MH. At that time, no DNA was taken from JM. By now it has. If JM's DNA taken officially when he was brought into custody matches the the unidentified DNA found under MH's nails, or on whatever else was left of her, then I believe the DA's office will press charges against JM for MH. That they have not yet done so indicates to me that those DNA results have not yet been released. It takes a while to get that definitive hit because it has to be very carefully done to meet court evidence requirements.

Whatever forensic evidence that was gotten from the car search would have been more cursory and was done to more to gain evidence that Hannah was associated with that car, to help find Hannah, than for use in a court case. So it may well not be sufficient for heavy duty charges. I am not convinced the "Assault WIth Intent to Defile " charges against JM are driven by DNA results. It could be enough that something like the beer bottles as some suggested was found in the car, or a good preliminary match showing that HG was likely in the car. LE is not telling us what they found in that car or why the car was seizable evidence, yet JM was not at the time of seizure.

So my guess is that some preliminary DNA tests run on the items from the car or the car itself or apartement, or clothes, matched the unidentified DNA on MH for LE to make that link. How strong those test results are to stand as evidence and whether they are JM's definitely has yet to be announced.

It could have been something as simple as her fingerprint on the door handle.

It looks to me like that car has had some front end damage from an accident. Note the cracks under the drivers side headlight and front spoiler. Nothing seems to line up quite right either and thats telling me a collision of some sort.

IMO JLM wouldnt have gone far after leaving Tempo with Hannah due to the condition of his car. All it would take is one bored police officer passing him on the road and instant excuse to stop him. The inspection sticker is also now 5 months out of date.

At the very least, I wouldnt imagine him driving on the interstate in that as Va state troopers are allowed to stop cars and write citations if they fail their inspections.

Im also seeing nothing on the tires to indicate that JLM went down any dirt roads. Red clay or as Virginians call it, mud, would have been everywhere if that had been the case.

Excellent observations. And aren't LE out at bar closing time looking for DUI?

The poster whose child that was on the Football team he coached said the car has been that way a long time

If she was in his car, they have plenty more DNA stuff from her

The paint is dull and faded but appears to be relatively clean. Those high pressure hose sprayers aren't that great, but do a good job removing mud and dirt. Wouldn't be much help in removing mud from the undercarriage though ;)

IMO, JM takes a lot of chances with driving, car condition, registration, anything to do with motor vehicles. His list of DMV violations is as long as my arm, and his one assault charge that was drop was a road rage incident. The warrent out for him was reckless driving. THis is a person who should never be allowed to be behind the wheel, and the fact that he was actually a professional driver, a taxi cab driver, just make my brains go into a swirl. And his sister was as stupid as can be lending him her car, knowing even a little bit of his track record as a car driver and owner.

I also suspect JM was under the influence of something, alcohol, drugs that night he left with Hannah, so yes, if he had passed a check station or some LE had seen the car, he would have likely been pulled over, but it's apparently a chance he's comfortable taking. I am so sorry for Hannah, that he wasn't caught driving around that night. Clearly Tempo is not a bar watched by LE for possible drunk patrons making their way to their cars after last call.

Hopefully, LE found something usefull in that dumpster of a car of his But if everything and anything happens to be in that car, it might not have much impact. He could have the DNA of the pope in there along with the entire population of Charlottesville with the garbage he might carry around.

DNA of Hannah would not be helpful because???

He did not have her in the car, according to him.

Where are all the cams on the way out? No businesses on any routes out of town? Hard to believd that.

DNA of Hannah would not be helpful because???

He did not have her in the car, according to him.

Where are all the cams on the way out? No businesses on any routes out of town? Hard to believd that.

First of all, nothing has come directly from him. All hearsay. Grandma told a UK tabloid that JM told his mother that he and Hannah went their separate ways. Which is quite true, actually. What we need is an accounting of what happened and where before they went their separate ways. I didn't read anywhere that she was not in his car. And if she was, so what, unless there is evidence she was in the trunk, say? He could have given her a ride, and then she wanted out. Unless there is some strong evidence that anything else happened, there is no proof that he did anything other than that. That we think it's unlikely, has nothing to do with the way it works in court. Yes, he could have had her in the car, dropped her off and then she ran into trouble afterwards. Without evidence that points otherwise, not much to build a case That's why the DA was reluctant to press charges and why the charges still are at the "Assault with Intent to Defile" . They may not even be provable.

I'm also wondering about all the cameras on the way out. LE knows where that car was parked that early morning. I think I read that they even have some idea when and where it was headed at some point. There are cameras throught Charlottesville and not like a whole lot of cars out at that time of the night. Anyone out that night see anything? ANy camera catch anything?

I'd bet money that something was found in that car trunk. Trunk + DNA (or trunk + something belonging to HG) = abduction charges.

Just DNA or something found that was Hannah's in the passenger area does not equal abduction. He could easily have "shed" her DNA (a hair form when she was walking alongside...something like that).

Unless there was something found in the car that matched up with something odd in JM's apartment. For example, HG's watch in the car on the floor AND something else of hers in his apartment. Or MH's Swarovski necklace or her boots in the car or apartment, and something of HG's too. MOO/JMO as always.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back