Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in a small town in SC. Locally a gang initiation rite was to break into a home with the residents inside and steal something. That seems to have died down since some of the perps were shot by homeowners.
I was reading about that yesterday with a man in Georgetown who was robbed this way TWICE, and who died the second time from injuries recieved during the robbery...he was about 87 years old, IIRC. God, that's just incredibly horrible, IMHO. I'm really glad to hear that has died down...hopefully EVERYWHERE in SC.
The gang initiation isn't a theory I'm invested in, just throwing out an 'outside the box' idea. The North Santee crowd may have nothing to do with the crime, other than witnesses. They may have found something or saw something but didn't report at the time for fear they would get blamed and mistrust of LE.

Can you do me a favor? Can you rewatch that video that you posted yesterday of the officer who is leading the investigation....the one where the reporter quotes his horrible English? ETA: video: http://www2.counton2.com/cbd/news/l...news_police_have_leads_in_drexel_case/128176/
Watching that video, listening to exactly what he said, IMHO he seems to be saying that the POI's WERE involved in the crime...that THESE people are the ones responsible for her abduction and presumed murder. He also seems to heavily imply that Brittanee or evidence of Brittanee's last wherabouts ARE IN the Santee River area....but that the POI's are 'FROM SOUTH CAROLINA'....not necessarily from N Santee. Just wondering if you got anything or *felt* like anything different or more specific was being said in that video.

Thanks Krista. I am thinking that the POIs maybe worked there instead of staying there. Or somewhere else close by. Since we've learned the timeline is an hour later, someone could have been getting off work at that time.

My son worked at a Marriot in a resort town while in college. I don't remember the name of the position he held but he was basically a room runner/errand boy. He usually got off at 9:00. Just trying to think outside that box.

wm

IMHO he seems to be saying that the POI's WERE involved in the crime...that THESE people are the ones responsible for her abduction and presumed murder. He also seems to heavily imply that Brittanee or evidence of Brittanee's last wherabouts ARE IN the Santee River area....but that the POI's are 'FROM SOUTH CAROLINA'....not necessarily from N Santee. Just wondering if you got anything or *felt* like anything different or more specific was being said in that video.

Hey Krista! I watched it again today...

I got two things out of it:

1) Lt. Neal Johnson said "These people live in South Carolina, and they live close to this area"

I'm thinking that is North Santee, South Santee or perhaps one of the other nearby communities in Georgetown county (I posted that list, it's on the previous page)

2) Regarding that "key peice of evidence" ... Lt Johnson seems know EXACTLY what they're looking for... I wonder what it is!? There's a finite number of possibilities - Body, cellphone, clothes, murder weapon, or perhaps DNA evidence from somewhere (Vehicle, clothing) IMO the first four seem more likely than DNA.

I really hope they get what they need to lock these people up....

Mlatta,

And did you understand him to say, or imply, that the people who are talking ARE the POI's? That the people talking are the people who contributed to the events that night? That's what I understood him to say, but I just want to confirm that someone else inferred that from his comments.
i/e: The people talking are FROM SC, FROM N/S Santee River area, and were involved in the abduction and murder of Brittanee.

On another issue, did LE ever comment on WHERE those search warrants were issued...if anything was found?

Mlatta,

And did you understand him to say, or imply, that the people who are talking ARE the POI's? That the people talking are the people who contributed to the events that night? That's what I understood him to say, but I just want to confirm that someone else inferred that from his comments.
i/e: The people talking are FROM SC, FROM N/S Santee River area, and were involved in the abduction and murder of Brittanee.

On another issue, did LE ever comment on WHERE those search warrants were issued...if anything was found?

I did feel as though he was implying at least 1 of the POIs is suspected of playing a role in this crime.

Have not heard a thing on the search warrant(s)... I imagine they won't release that information because it will reveal the identity of one of the POIs. However I think we can safely assume that there was no discovery of MAJOR evidence, nothing that would give enough probable cause for an arrest... I've been thinking about that search - if they didn't find what they're looking for, I sure hope the perp did not destroy it right after LE left...

I have a hard time with one area of all this,if BD was track (cell phone) from MB,to GTown, at times they saying,its hard for me to buy, that someone from end of the two bridges,coming into Gtown city limits to the Maryville bridge,that some didnt see BD in a Car, you have ,7-8 red lights all are at intersection crossings, and plus Gtown Police Dept is at one of these red lights,the traffic on Saturday nite at that time would be very heavy,i just cant put pieces together, on how they kept BD from acting out at one of these red lights,speed limit is like 25-30mph,,,something is not adding up with this part??? any ideas on this????

I've always thought the same... I know I would have done the classic "Tuck and Roll" if I was being held against my will in a car... There are some 24 hour businesses along that route, I at least know of a convenience store and a Waffle House... I would have waited until we were in front of one of these places, and then bailed, and tried to make a run for it... UNLESS she still felt safe with these individuals? That doesn't make any sense either, why on earth would she want to travel outside of Myrtle Beach?

On another note, ive went back and read the last news article on this,,,,,maybe (im taking big leap here) LE may need let CUE handle this for awhile,from report seems CUE knows something more than LE (Gtown county law) since she did state (CUE) that she had places she searched 2 weeks ago,and had few more spots in Gtown to check out,heres her statement on this (CUE)

(Caison said her organization searched an area in Georgetown County two weeks ago, one of several that have been on CUE's search plan from the start. She said the areas were scattered in Georgetown and elsewhere that she didn't want to identify.

"These are very small areas that need to be looked at just because," Caison said today.)

From what I understand, Monica's specialty is searches. She has a team of people with various talents and toys, that assist her in these searches. I also think it is very possible that she knows something that LE doesn't know. Not sure why she would keep something from them, but you never know.. She may just want a member of her organization to make the discovery. That is speculation only.

Read more: http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/04/27/1444166/no-new-area-of-interest-in-drexel.html#ixzz0mb62W700

It seems everyone wants bash Gtown LE for not giving out info,well now you can bash CUE for the seem thing,,,i know all this is dishearting,that we the public want answers,but LE has to hold strong or could lose this case?

I, for one, support Georgetown County LE. I have no reason to believe they are doing anything other than trying their best to close this case, and aprehend these perps. The ONLY thing LE did that I thought was bad, was announcing the case is being treated as a homicide, without telling DD and family members what they were about to anounce. If it went down like that. And that was MBPD, IIRC, that did that...I hate it when people bash LE. We have NO IDEA what is going on behind closed doors, and therefore we don't have the right to bash them, unless they do something blatently stupid, which we have not seen (and hopefully will not see)

do we want the ppl that has did this to BD to get off free? lets lay low let them do there job,,,,

The only thing I am actively doing is posting flyers around these small communities. I can't imagine this would hinder the investigation in any way. And if I am ever asked to stop, that is exactly what I will do. I am a patron few of the local businesses there, everytime I roll through that are, I always ask the owners/employees if they have heard anything, rumors or whatever, but I have never gotten anything from them. They all seem to be sincerely concerned about Brittanee, and have allowed me to post flyers in their businesses AND they don't take them down as soon as I leave :) (Yes, I go back to everywhere I post flyers to see if they're still there, and if they're gone, I put 'em back double!)

remember LE and perps maybe reading everything we talk of on here,we want whoever did this to BD to rot in jail,,,,,prayers for BD and her family,,most all SC is on your side BD !!!!

YES! I am a PROUD SC citizen, a native, I love South Carolina! I want the Drexel family to know, despite what anyone else may indicate, that SC has NOT given up!!! That is what inspired me to get involved to start with.

-=mlatta=-

-=mlatta=-

In reference to why B didn't try to escape, since we've discussed perhaps she felt comfortable with this/these person/people, maybe she did? If there was more than one person in the car, someone may have restrainted her.

Perhaps there were child safety locks?

Maybe she was knocked out? :(

I have a hard time with one area of all this,if BD was track (cell phone) from MB,to GTown, at times they saying,its hard for me to buy, that someone from end of the two bridges,coming into Gtown city limits to the Maryville bridge,that some didnt see BD in a Car, you have ,7-8 red lights all are at intersection crossings, and plus Gtown Police Dept is at one of these red lights,the traffic on Saturday nite at that time would be very heavy,i just cant put pieces together, on how they kept BD from acting out at one of these red lights,speed limit is like 25-30mph,,,something is not adding up with this part??? any ideas on this????

On another note, ive went back and read the last news article on this,,,,,maybe (im taking big leap here) LE may need let CUE handle this for awhile,from report seems CUE knows something more than LE (Gtown county law) since she did state (CUE) that she had places she searched 2 weeks ago,and had few more spots in Gtown to check out,heres her statement on this (CUE)

(Caison said her organization searched an area in Georgetown County two weeks ago, one of several that have been on CUE's search plan from the start. She said the areas were scattered in Georgetown and elsewhere that she didn't want to identify.

"These are very small areas that need to be looked at just because," Caison said today.)

Read more: http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/04/27/1444166/no-new-area-of-interest-in-drexel.html#ixzz0mb62W700

It seems everyone wants bash Gtown LE for not giving out info,well now you can bash CUE for the seem thing,,,i know all this is dishearting,that we the public want answers,but LE has to hold strong or could lose this case? do we want the ppl that has did this to BD to get off free? lets lay low let them do there job,,,,remember LE and perps maybe reading everything we talk of on here,we want whoever did this to BD to rot in jail,,,,,prayers for BD and her family,,most all SC is on your side BD !!!!

BBM
I've always believed Brittanee was either rendered unconcious from the moment she entered the vehicle OR that she was placed into the trunk. IMHO

I don't know much about CUE, but I always thought they would work WITH LE. Obviously they might search different places, have different ideas, and LE couldn't release their info to CUE, but I've just always assumed that CUE's searches were based on info from LE.

I haven't heard of anyone bashing Georgetown LE. I know there have been some issues in the past with some officers and some unsolved crimes, but I think everyone in here would agree that it's VERY important that LE keeps their info close to the vest until they have enough to make an arrest and enough to get a conviction. Maybe our curiosity sounds like anger?!?! I'm not angry AT ALL at Georgetown LE. I am THRILLED that they have now placed a team on Brittanee's case...and I'm thrilled that they are nearing an arrest in this case. That doesn't stop me from wanting to know who the perps and POI's are. Just natural curiosity mixed with a serious desire for this to be over for Brittanee and her family. Georgetown LE are doing exactly what they should be doing and I am grateful for all of their hard work!!

In reference to why B didn't try to escape, since we've discussed perhaps she felt comfortable with this/these person/people, maybe she did? If there was more than one person in the car, someone may have restrainted her.

Could have been a windowless van. A guy or guys could have been restraining her in the back of the van.

In reference to whether or not B is with her cell phone, I'm not sure I've developed a strong opinion one way or the other. I think.. my gut instinct.. is that she IS with her phone. Or at least she was when they got rid of her (for lack of a better term). I say that last line in attempts to address what may be the result if she was put in the river.

I'm not sure what leads me to feel that she is with her phone, but the following is what made me feel more strongly.

The sunglasses. Because I feel that the ones found were hers. LE says they couldn't get enough DNA off of them to make a determination. My opinion? Who else has knock-off Prada's at that location? First off, I think the number of people who are in that location normally is slim. Am I correct in thinking that the area is not well-traveled? Maybe that's why it took 8 months to find the glasses in the first place.

Also, chances are her glasses were in her bag. She wouldn't have been wearing them at night. If her bag was brought to this area, you'd think it would still be there, right? I don't know where her bag/contents of the bag would have gone -- especially since the sunglasses were still there.

It seems almost like B and her belongings were passing, being carried, etc. through the area, the sunglasses were dropped/fell out of bag and never noticed. I'm guessing that B and belongings were together at time of disposal and I'm guessing that resting place is either river or deep into the woods.

It seems to me that scattering her belongings would only make it more likely that one or more of these items would be found. And as far as the perp(s) knows, DNA may be present.

I'm completely rambling and I have no idea if I make sense!

LLLindsayy,

You aren't rambling at all. In fact, you made a GREAT point. I also believe Brittanee was placed in water, but I think that all of her belongings were also placed there too. I believe there's a possibility that something of hers was kept as a 'souvenir' of sorts, but that the rest of her things were thrown into the river. Her glasses, IIRC, were located right next to the river in the state forest area where the campers were staying. I don't know if it was said if they were IN the river or just next to it...but I remember seeing photos of the location and hearing a brief description about the location. I think her glasses washed onto the shore.
You reminded me that, if all of her belongings (except her phone) were in that purse then all of it is likely in the same path as the glasses were......maybe on the floor of the river...or already washed out to the ocean.
Another possible scenario is that the perp/s kept Brittanee's purse and split up around the county placing items from her purse all over the area....to try to thwart the investigation. Honestly, I just don't see our perps being that thorough. I think that once they were done with Brittanee, they wanted to get rid of her and every connection to her that they had as quickly as possible. I think she was dumped that same night or the following morning very early. I think all of her stuff was dumped right there with her. But I also think that at least ONE of the perps decided to keep something for himself....a 'trophy'....and that THAT is the key evidence LE is looking for.

I think her glasses washed onto the shore.
Actually, I was incorrect. I've never seen this video, but this is of the woman and man who found the glasses while looking for firewood. According to her, the glasses were in a 'strange location' and they 'couldn't have washed up on shore' to the place that they were found. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulku1EoZT7g
That makes me wonder if they weren't dropped there on purpose. I don't wear Prada anything....but think it isn't very likely that a woman would be wearing Prada--or knock-off Prada--on a camping trip or while hiking through the woods. And I also think that if another woman had been wearing them and had lost them, I believe she would have come forward and claimed them.

Great info Krista and Lindsay. You two are never rambling. Your always putting valuable information on here whether you realize it or not. I also believe she is proabably in the river as well.

However, if they kept something I don't think that will be enough for a conviction. At this point were going to be lucky if her body is recoverable. I think the police are looking for something more convincing. And I think Monica's people are looking for the body.

(snipped and quoted from Krista)

"That makes me wonder if they weren't dropped there on purpose. I don't wear Prada anything....but think it isn't very likely that a woman would be wearing Prada--or knock-off Prada--on a camping trip or while hiking through the woods. And I also think that if another woman had been wearing them and had lost them, I believe she would have come forward and claimed them."[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure...I lose glasses and things all the time and often don't bother doing more than a cursory search for them knowing someone else probably picked them up or that there are so many places I might have lost them that I wouldn't have a chance of finding them. And, even if I had heard about the BD case I may not have followed up to know that later glasses were found.

Is it possible she had them on her head? I often put mine on my head just to keep my hair back, or put them there and forget they're there. It's possible if she were taken/dragged through the woods they may have fallen off. Or, could she have also purposefully dropped something hoping someone would find them.

Wouldn't one of her friends have been able to id the glasses to say she was wearing the same/similar ones? Sorry, I'm late to the thread and haven't gone back over everything so maybe that's been asked/answered already.

Good call on the child locks...If she tried to get out, and was unable, they would have, for sure, subdued her quickly (and maybe angrily)...

Good call on the child locks...If she tried to get out, and was unable, they would have, for sure, subdued her quickly (and maybe angrily)...

The part that spokes me the most is it appears right after she got into the car, she never used her cell phone again. Even if they were all being chit chatty friends all the way to GTOWN, that is a boring long one hour drive, she would have sent a text out to someone and been able to answer the phone when JG called around 9:30. I personally think once she found out she was leaving MB she freaked out and it went south right there, regardless if the guys wanted it to or not at that point.

The part that spokes me the most is it appears right after she got into the car, she never used her cell phone again. Even if they were all being chit chatty friends all the way to GTOWN, that is a boring long one hour drive, she would have sent a text out to someone and been able to answer the phone when JG called around 9:30. I personally think once she found out she was leaving MB she freaked out and it went south right there, regardless if the guys wanted it to or not at that point.

ITA, Doc...

(snipped and quoted from Krista)

"That makes me wonder if they weren't dropped there on purpose. I don't wear Prada anything....but think it isn't very likely that a woman would be wearing Prada--or knock-off Prada--on a camping trip or while hiking through the woods. And I also think that if another woman had been wearing them and had lost them, I believe she would have come forward and claimed them."

I'm not sure...I lose glasses and things all the time and often don't bother doing more than a cursory search for them knowing someone else probably picked them up or that there are so many places I might have lost them that I wouldn't have a chance of finding them. And, even if I had heard about the BD case I may not have followed up to know that later glasses were found.

Is it possible she had them on her head? I often put mine on my head just to keep my hair back, or put them there and forget they're there. It's possible if she were taken/dragged through the woods they may have fallen off. Or, could she have also purposefully dropped something hoping someone would find them.

Wouldn't one of her friends have been able to id the glasses to say she was wearing the same/similar ones? Sorry, I'm late to the thread and haven't gone back over everything so maybe that's been asked/answered already.

I considered the dragging and falling off thing, but then I thought about this:

It was after dark when she left the hotel. I always have my sunglasses with me, but after dark, I toss them in my bag. I don't generally keep them on my head unless I plan to be using them soon -- such as if I run into a store or something.

Also, I don't imagine it getting light outside anytime between when she left the hotel and when she may have crossed this path :(

ETA: She does not appear to be wearing her glasses in the hotel surveillance video. Further evidence that she probably would not have put them on her head after this point either. It was already 9 pm.

I, too, feel like if she was put into the river that she will probably never be found :(

Unless she was put in something, I think it's been too long to recover her body. Look at how much trouble they have had locating Haleigh and they practically know for a fact where exactly she was put into the water.

Best case scenario, presuming she's not with us anymore, would be that she's somewhere on the ground, not buried. Luckily, the astrologists here at Web Sleuths feel that she IS, indeed, on the ground as opposed to in the water. I'm not sure how much I believe in that type of thing, though. FWIW.

I'd be interested to know exactly how close to the water the sunglasses were found. Assuming the glasses were dropped on accident, I doubt the perp(s) backtracked with Brittanee. I'm guessing that she is beyond wherever the glasses were found. That's why, if these were very very close to the water itself, I'm leaning towards her being there as well.

I, too, feel like if she was put into the river that she will probably never be found :(

Unless she was put in something, I think it's been too long to recover her body. Look at how much trouble they have had locating Haleigh and they practically know for a fact where exactly she was put into the water.

Best case scenario, presuming she's not with us anymore, would be that she's somewhere on the ground, not buried. Luckily, the astrologists here at Web Sleuths feel that she IS, indeed, on the ground as opposed to in the water. I'm not sure how much I believe in that type of thing, though. FWIW.

I'd be interested to know exactly how close to the water the sunglasses were found. Assuming the glasses were dropped on accident, I doubt the perp(s) backtracked with Brittanee. I'm guessing that she is beyond wherever the glasses were found. That's why, if these were very very close to the water itself, I'm leaning towards her being there as well.

The only positive out of this is they don't have to have the body for a conviction. Finding the body may provide more clues and she certainly belongs back in NY but we can still put these guys behind bars for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth