UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think returning to "the site" would be typical for a killer to do from what I've read. I cannot believe that LE would not be following him and recording his every movement. If I am wrong - if LE did NOT follow him 24/7 in the rental car - then they are totally derelict in their duty. I have to believe that they're getting all their ducks in a row and will arrest him soon.

yes, this is what i am thinking too...they just want josh to think that he is not being followed in hopes of him feeling confident enough to go to where susan is..i really hope that is what is going on.

The plot thickens:

Susan's emails to friends turned into police:

That friend said Susan talked to her one day about something she had written and left in her desk at work.

"She had mentioned about writing something so that no one would ever think she committed suicide. She said it would be so her boys would know that she would never kill herself because she would never leave her boys alone," the friend said.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705353467/E-mails-sent-by-Powell-turned-over.html

I cannot believe that LE did not follow him when he rented the car and drove hundreds of miles. :doh:
If they did not, WHY? I agree, they were derelict in their duty! But - maybe they did? If they did, I would assume that the body would have been found, because I am sure that is where he went.
I just saw the case on Jane V-M. The friend Jovanna was on, and said Susan never gave any indication that they were having problems. she painted a pretty picture of the last night when she was over there crocheting. She obviously is on the side of Josh - she said he was soooo nice to her that night, put a blanket on her cause she was cold, cooked a nice dinner for her, cleaned up the dishes, and even made it a point to say "he cleaned up a spill from dinner that was on the floor." Weird remark - I think she was trying to elude about the wet carpet/fans.
Jane was not buying all the lovey-dovey stuff. Her panel guest said it was not uncommon for abused women to not tell but only a few close friends. I though it was funny - the lady said she may not have confided in an "older" person who she went to church with!
Anyway, I am frustrated about the rental car - this case may have been much further along, and Susan's family just continues to suffer.:banghead:

I guess le is now checking out emails to her friends... check it out!
(come ON deseret news... you slow loading.....blah.. blah.. blah!)

Several of Susan's friends, who wished to remain anonymous, confirmed to the Deseret News that they had turned over e-mails to police that Susan sent them in June and July of 2008, the point at which all friends agreed the Powells' marriage was at its worst.
One of the friends confirmed that in one of the e-mails, Susan was afraid Josh Powell may kidnap her two boys, divorce her or worse.
That friend said Susan talked to her one day about something she had written and left in her desk at work.
"She had mentioned about writing something so that no one would ever think she committed suicide. She said it would be so her boys would know that she would never kill herself because she would never leave her boys alone," the friend said.
"I didn't really know the context in which she was talking. I didn't even know what to say to that."
The friend said that was the only time Susan brought up that topic.
West Valley police declined Tuesday to talk about any potential evidence in the case. Other friends had reported earlier that a notebook Susan kept in her desk at work at Wells Fargo was among the items seized by police.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705353467/E-mails-sent-by-Powell-turned-over.html

there of course is more telling info at the link. Arrest him already and let his children get on with the lives they have to live after knowing what their father did to their mother. I mean really.... Josh can take this so far... and than he can take it further and drag his children into little mangled bits with it. Wonder which one he will choose? It will speak to his level of depravity imhoo.

For friends and family of Susan, the red flag to them that foul play is likely involved is that Susan would never leave her two young boys, ages 2 and 4.
"She wouldn't even go visiting teaching for an hour without the boys," one friend said.
Susan remained active in her LDS ward, even after Josh stopped going to church, according to friends. She was in the Relief Society and recently had accepted a new calling prior to her disappearance.
Friends say 2008 was a tough year for the Powells' marriage. They confirmed previous reports that Josh was very controlling and that Susan confided with a few friends that she was considering whether to leave him

was the acceptance of the new calling the breaking point???????????

yes, this is what i am thinking too...they just want josh to think that he is not being followed in hopes of him feeling confident enough to go to where susan is..i really hope that is what is going on.

I doubt if he will go back to the spot again............JMOO

I put this over on the abuse board but thought it appropriate to post here as well:

What is abuse? Is that what I'm going through???

This letter was written from one abused survivor to a support group of women in different phases of an abusive relationship. Just a few months ago she knew something desperately was wrong with the way her boyfriend was treating her but she didn't quite know WHAT it was. With her permission, I am posting it here in the hopes that we may be able to help educate the public on the subject of abuse. You may recognize yourself or a friend here...

School sounds great, I want to go back to school too but have health problems. It would really help keep me active and my mind off him. Plus the boost in self confidence and esteem would be tremendous...I just don't know what I want to do...

Wow, everyone's story is my own, snippets here, parts there. We all have SO much in common. And several months back I didn't even know there was a name for this. I was beginning to figure out that something really didn't feel right at all, something wasn't right. When I started reading, I was in a state of shock...

So the email I sent to his 'friend' got forwarded to him. So he left me an angry text calling me evil and a stalker!!! Well, he's called me so many names since our first conversation, it only frustrates me. I haven't heard from her so she must be a girlfriend trying to make him more mad at me. She doesn't realize he will treat her like dirt, if they even get together...one day she will realize that I really was telling the truth. I'm not going to email her back again.

I really really wish I had walked away from this when my instincts first told me he wasn't right. I was isolated, vulnerable, a bit depressed and very alone when he approached me. And no matter what, his abuse wasn't my fault. It wasn't my fault, nor has it been the fault of any of you either.

At this point, trust is going to be a very difficult thing. But it will be important to surround myself with warm, loving, honorable and fun people. I am reliving it all over again and need to get distance from it once more...

Peace to you all..

Fran
Can this be added? E-mails sent last year by Susan Powell to friends told of marriage struggles between her and her husband to the point that she seemed to be in fear of him.

and did everyone read this in above article???
He decided one afternoon to take his two boys camping, the friend said. They returned about 3 a.m. because it got too cold, and the boys subsequently got sick.

But friends say she also started standing up more to her husband. She gained more confidence, they said.
"They knew how to push each other's buttons," a friend said

but:

One friend recalled a time when Susan Powell had to get a ride home from work from another person because of a miscommunication with her husband. He decided one afternoon to take his two boys camping, the friend said. They returned about 3 a.m. because it got too cold, and the boys subsequently got sick.

but what time of the year was this other impromptu camping trip? Bet it wasn't in a blizzard.

I think that Josh did whatever he could whenever he felt he was losing control of his marriage. This time the elements were his backfire. If he wAS a responsible parent and concerned only about his children he would not take them out camping in a blizzard. I would not be surprised that, if we could be a little fly on the arm of Josh, that in the past his past his other impromptu trips did not happen but rather he may have left with the children and drove around to Scare Susand and "put her in her place"....

And where did he go in that rental car? Eh Josh? Where did you go all those hundreds of miles? If you were helping to find your wife and really cared you would let LE know so they could mark it off the map... they could know you were helping. A help is something I bet YOU ARE NOT!

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...n-over-e-mails-sent-by-Susan-Powell.html?pg=2

It's possible Josh used the rental car to move Susan to another place. He may have been worried that he didn't hide her well enough the first time, or that somehow it would be found out where he had actually gone.

Did LE know about him taking off in the rental car before it was returned? If they only found out about it later, quite a bit of evidence could have already been cleaned up :(

I wonder if he had a cell phone with him so pings can be checked. You would think he would have been in touch with someone, you know just in case Susan was found!! or so whoever had his children could get in contact with him.

I'm assuming he does have a cell phone since his one friend got ahold of him to tell him how the police were looking for him. Odd how he could have a phone, yet his wife had to have one provided by her father!

It's snowing here again and things are so well covered up, but I pray for a miracle that Susan can be returned to the family that loves and misses her.

VB

Wonder what her new calling was that would drive him to complete rage??

It's possible Josh used the rental car to move Susan to another place. He may have been worried that he didn't hide her well enough the first time, or that somehow it would be found out where he had actually gone.

Did LE know about him taking off in the rental car before it was returned? If they only found out about it later, quite a bit of evidence could have already been cleaned up :(

I wonder if he had a cell phone with him so pings can be checked. You would think he would have been in touch with someone, you know just in case Susan was found!! or so whoever had his children could get in contact with him.

I'm assuming he does have a cell phone since his one friend got ahold of him to tell him how the police were looking for him. Odd how he could have a phone, yet his wife had to have one provided by her father!

It's snowing here again and things are so well covered up, but I pray for a miracle that Susan can be returned to the family that loves and misses her.

VB

I hope LE reads here to get some tips on how to check on this guy.
Please tell me we are dealing with a smart LEO and not keystone cops.......

her new calling..........could very well have been the fuse on this death candle. imhoo

and yes I did say death. I don't think he let her walk away from the house that night.

Tim Petersen says a couple days after Susan went missing, Josh went to their home and asked for a ride to the police station to pick up the family van that police had been processing. Petersen says Josh drove to his home in his rental car. He told ABC4 that Josh never mentioned anything about taking any particularly long drives. Today, Petersen says he's left speculating if Josh possibly took another trip up to the Pony Express Trail.
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...-why-Powell-drove/k0l8JiJF2Uy7H6JSYRt2gg.cspx

you, me and the kitchen sink speculating brotha!

i can understand why Josh would make an appearance at the vigil in WA.
but why bring this 4 year old to it? then not even let the grandparents talk or hug him.
Josh has stated that all the boys know is mommy is missing.
who knows what the boy heard while at the vigil? surely prayers for his mommy's safety. if you were truly sheltering the children, would you really want them hearing that?

i can understand why Josh would make an appearance at the vigil in WA.
but why bring this 4 year old to it? then not even let the grandparents talk or hug him.
Josh has stated that all the boys know is mommy is missing.
who knows what the boy heard while at the vigil? surely prayers for his mommy's safety. if you were truly sheltering the children, would you really want them hearing that?

IMO he brought his son so he could hold him in his arms and hide behind him, using him like a shield. Then if someone did happen to ask him anything, he could always run off saying he needed to take care of his boy.
Will I get in trouble here if I say I see an extremely spineless man?

VB

Lemon,
I think Josh has a problem in his head and has for a long time. He thinks he is right and he always is... even now... I think he is clinging to his son like the last grape lollypop in the penny candy store. No one gets him but Josh.

Never have really thought this deep about it but you know how one child will be a favorite of one parent and another child the favorite of another? Could the four year old be Josh's favorite??? Or the child who clings to his father and Josh is holding on to that alliance? Just a thought.

The rest of those he has allied with are OUT OF STATE. Not even his own SISTER in Utah nor his MOTHER have alligned publicly in his favor.

IMHOO he is holding onto who holds on to him.

this could include the four year old.

And those who hold onto him will dwindle quickly in the coming days imhoo.... but what damage is he doing to this son that still thinks he is the first light of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong