AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the facts in the case that have been reported by LE? Not what's been reported on NG or by any other talking head, just the facts that have thus far been provided by TPD. I'm guessing that it's a very short list. I'll start:

***there has not been a ransom demand of which LE is aware.

Please add to the list. Thanks!

***a window was open and the blind pushed to the side

LOL!! mine too! you don't by chance have boston terriers do you? :floorlaugh: mine do that exact same thing. The only way I know the difference is they get raised hair along their spine if it is a threat.

I have a boston and surprisingly she only barks if startled....we have not heard her bark much at all in the years we have had her....lucky I guess,lol.

***** family put Isabel to bed at 11:00 PM

***** 8:00 AM Isabel not in room when family went to wake her up

How did the perp find her room? Could they see through the curtains? Unless this was a robbery gone wrong, again why enter a bedroom window? I swear I read that Isa sleeps with a someone most nights but not that night. All fingers point to someone they know, even if the dogs saw this person in the house, they could of very well recognized the person and not make a sound. Does Isa sleep with her bedroom door closed?

The waste management trucks go through my neighborhood about 6:30 a.m. It gets so hot here during the day, that they are beginning earlier and earlier to beat the heat. I'm guessing that the mens voices she heard were the voices of the garbage men.

I thought I read the lady was staying in the neighbor's guest house. If she's new to the area, she wouldn't know the typical sounds and habits of the neighborhood. Where most would know it's a trash pickup or delivery man, she wouldn't.

My little schnauzer yaps her head off the first 30 seconds outside just to let every dog within a mile know she's there.

I could understand if they knew their child was deceased, not going back in the home where the bad thing happened. I have a bit of trouble understanding not going home if they believe kidnappers have their child or their child is missing under other circumstances.

Another explanation is that they fear LE has "bugged" the house.

If they had anything to do with the disappearance, they would not be able to speak freely in their own home, and they would have ZERO privacy.

If they were NOT involved, things they say that can not be clearly understood could be twisted to imply guilt. The likelihood of this seems double with a bilingual household, since an "inaudible" comment could sound incriminating in one language or the other. Plus the whole "Zero privacy" thing.

My dog who is a mixed lab/dobey barks at everything, squirrels, leaves. But I have no idea if she would hear a stranger in my house while sleeping on my bed at night with me

Another explanation is that they fear LE has "bugged" the house.

If they had anything to do with the disappearance, they would not be able to speak freely in their own home, and they would have ZERO privacy.

If they were NOT involved, things they say that can not be clearly understood could be twisted to imply guilt. The likelihood of this seems double with a bilingual household, since an "inaudible" comment could sound incriminating in one language or the other. Plus the whole "Zero privacy" thing.

To tag on to this there are also two other children. There may be the fear that they'll be targeted again.

How did the perp find her room? Could they see through the curtains? Unless this was a robbery gone wrong, again why enter a bedroom window? I swear I read that Isa sleeps with a someone most nights but not that night. All fingers point to someone they know, even if the dogs saw this person in the house, they could of very well recognized the person and not make a sound. Does Isa sleep with her bedroom door closed?

If someone was stalking Isa, they would know where her bedroom was. Who knows how long someone could have been watching her, waiting for the right time.

For the locals: The alley-way behind the Celis' house, does it run all the way down to another cross street?

Never mind, as I see it dumps into South van Buren Avenue.

I thought Saturday was NOT their pick-up day for trash?

What are the alley ways for.? Its not something I see in Maine. To me it looks like space that could be taken up.

I thought Saturday was NOT their pick-up day for trash?

In one of the earlier threads it was mentioned that commercial trash is often picked up on different days than residential trash, and there are a lot of commercial dumpsters nearby for the shopping centers and businesses.

Witness accounts are often unreliable under the best of circumstances, when the crime is committed in broad daylight, the witness has time to study the suspect, and they are wide awake and focused.

I'm not sure that I can put too much stock in the statement of a witness that was awakened very shortly before hearing "dogs and voices" and never laid eyes on anyone that might have been causing those sounds.

I'm not saying that she's lying, she would have no reason to, I'm just saying that while a witness can be the best thing for a case, a witness can also be the worst thing for a case.

What are the alley ways for.? Its not something I see in Maine. To me it looks like space that could be taken up.

I grew up in Detroit where there were alleys separating fenced-in backyards on adjacent streets. Trash receptacles were kept outside of the fences, and garbage trucks used the alleys instead of city streets for collection. In the 'burbs, you don't see alleys and very rare to see fenced-in backyards in most subdivisions. Trash/recycling/compost are placed at the foot of driveways on the day of collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member