Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder...if the grandparents were not home...if this was an attempted burglary that the girls were coming up on at Taylor's house? Maybe he/they saw the girls coming and it thwarted the burglary attempt.

Anyway If you are, can you tell me if the ranch that the Farrows work at is near the one that the teen girl reported a sighting at ?

Hi GetSmart~

That is a great question.

Ruflossn

I wonder how many different sets of footprints LE found? Or did it get muddled with all the people walking about? EMTs, relatives, LE..
LE pretty much wears law enforcement style boots i would think, so it might help narrow it down. It would also tell us how many killers or involved culprits there may have been.

I have only heard that they saw the girls footprints making them think that the girls had made it to the bridge and back to where they were found. Even Taylor's dog must have made pawprints beside the girls as they walked because OSBI mentioned that the little dog was with them too at the time.

IIRC they did say they found one boot print right in the crime scene. I am sure they made a cast to preserve any footprint evidence. When they said one bootprint I thought maybe the perp only stepped with one foot out in order to look closely making sure they were dead before he fled the scene in his vehicle. Maybe right after he made the u turn..he wanted to check quickly one last time.

LE knows how to keep the scene clean. They will only walk in designated areas and not right in the crime scene but out aways. I would also think they took casting imprints of Rose and Pete too so they would know where they stepped and where or anyone else that had gathered at the scene.

imoo

I was thinking about that last nite when we were discussing the new info from FC. That little diddy just went away like alot does in regards to this case.imo.. I am still wondering about Byrd too. I was amazed when I saw the pics of him oin doc with his hair tucked ..

FlowerChild, remember when we were discussing whether the POI could be a red herring? You said that the witnesses wouldn't have been able to fool the artist because he is also veteran LE. I agree with you about that. But what if they had been describing a real person (such as Timothy Creech) not knowing he would have a solid alibi. Do you think that would change things?

Well that would mean 3 different people who saw the POI on separate occasions in different places got together somehow and all decided to describe Creech (who is not the least bit NA, BTW). Creech had only been in Weleetka 2 weeks when this happened - how would 3 different sets of people, living who knows where, know him well enough to describe him? You see we don't know where the witnesses who saw the POI lived - they could easily live over near Henryetta (like the Whitakers/Farrows do) - a 25+ mile drive from Weleetka (where Creech lives in the downtown part of Weleetka).

The POI sketch is the result of the artist (who in this case is also a 40 year veteran LE interrogator) interviewing at least 3 different people separately and blending all of the information together into one sketch. I trust the sketch is of a real person (and very accurate), but I am not convinced that the POI is the killer.

My Opinion

Anyway If you are, can you tell me if the ranch that the Farrows work at is near the one that the teen girl reported a sighting at ?

Hi GetSmart~

That is a great question.

Ruflossn
The house on Farm/Ranch where the Farrows work is like 2-4 miles (at most) North (and West I think) from the Placker house. I believe (I'm looking for that info) the Farm/Ranch where the girl said the POI was hanging out was abutting the Indian Nation Turnpike - which is about a 25 mile drive away (East).

The Whitakers and Farrows live over pretty near the IN Tpke (just West of it) and they are also 8 miles South of Henryetta. The IN Tpk is restricted access with Tolls, so its several miles between exits/entrances. It is the fastest route thru that part of the state and runs fron I-40 (in Henryetta) to the Texas border. When we go from Dallas to Tulsa we take the IN Tpke from Atoka/McAlester to Henryetta. That whole section is very sparsly populated.

My Opinion

The house on Farm/Ranch where the Farrows work is like 2-4 miles (at most) North (and West I think) from the Placker house. I believe (I'm looking for that info) the Farm/Ranch where the girl said the POI was hanging out was abutting the Indian Nation Turnpike - which is about a 25 mile drive away (East).

<snipped for space>
My Opinion

FC,

Is the farm/ranch Chancey Bad Creek Farm, which is about 2 miles from the Plackers? Also, when you said the Farrows worked for Mr. Chancey and the Plackers rented their house from him, did you mean Dusty Chancey (Graham Superintendent/bus driver/family friend) or another Chancey?

Chancey Bad Creek Farm
7002 Bryant Rd
Weleetka, OK 74880

Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=farms&near=Weleetka,+OK&fb=1&view=map&cd=1&ll=35.4227,-96.053295&spn=0.066446,0.149689&z=13&iwloc=A&iwd=1&cid=35391362,-96060965,16511160602295727640

Thanks for your answer, FlowerChild. The only thing nagging me is that it was several days before these people came forward, thus giving them time to coordinate. Am I wrong about that time frame?

FlowerChild, I just realized the flaw in my thinking. Each individual witness would have to know who the others were going to be, assuming they were not together. Otherwise, it would be a BIG conspiracy, and I do not believe that to be the case. I know one thing, though. You are so right about these girls' lives being surrounded by so many unsavory characters.

Didn't the grandfather say that Taylor went barefoot most of the time? If the girls were barefoot the day of the murders, their footprints would stand out as opposed to those of people wearing shoes or boots. Of course, that dirt road may have been too hot for barefeet that day.

Any updates on the press conference tomorrow - like time???

FC,

Is the farm/ranch Chancey Bad Creek Farm, which is about 2 miles from the Plackers?

Also, when you said the Farrows worked for Mr. Chancey and the Plackers rented their house from him,

did you mean Dusty Chancey (Graham Superintendent/bus driver/family friend) or another Chancey?

Chancey Bad Creek Farm
7002 Bryant Rd
Weleetka, OK 74880

Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=farms&near=Weleetka,+OK&fb=1&view=map&cd=1&ll=35.4227,-96.053295&spn=0.066446,0.149689&z=13&iwloc=A&iwd=1&cid=35391362,-96060965,16511160602295727640

Avoid highways
Get reverse directions

Weleetka, OK
Drive: from Weleetka to Chancey Bad Creek Farm LLC
8.0 mi – about 16 minutes drive

1. Head east on US-75 toward Chickasaw Ave
4.5 mi
2. Turn right at E1120 Rd
3.5 mi
To:
Chancey Bad Creek Farm Llc
7002 Bryant Rd, Weleetka, OK 74880

FC,

Is the farm/ranch Chancey Bad Creek Farm, which is about 2 miles from the Plackers? Also, when you said the Farrows worked for Mr. Chancey and the Plackers rented their house from him, did you mean Dusty Chancey (Graham Superintendent/bus driver/family friend) or another Chancey?

Chancey Bad Creek Farm
7002 Bryant Rd
Weleetka, OK 74880

Maybe there's some kind of "hanky panky" going on at the Chancey farm?????

I just don't think that is likely. OSBI has made a point to say they deem the witness, who saw the girls walking, very credible.

OSBI believes that the girls made it to the bridge and back to where they died.

If someone took them through force they wouldn't have let them stand on the side of the road and kill them there imo. I think the girls did see the killer for a few seconds and they were facing him probably thinking to themselves why he had stopped where they were. Then without any warning he killed them both.

I don't think anyone came to the Placker home. I think all of this happened after they left the house to go walking like they had asked to do before they went.

imoo

I will continue to have doubts about the 1 witness seeing the girls minutes before the murders UNTIL,
I hear the AGE of the person and IF they are any kin to anyone involved in this whole nightmare....IF they saw the girls, why didn't they see the killer? The girls was only 900 feet from Taylors home, so how many minutes would it have taken them to walk to the driveway? Yet, they were killed in that short time...

There are some exceptional "minds" on these websites, possibly sharper than a lot of LE in some of these cases...which could be a big help solving these cases, for free.

But, sadly we have not heard true facts from the beginning, and I consider it being lied to, when we heard that the P's did not hear the gun shots because the wind was blowing in the other direction....
It's very discouraging to know WE have wasted our valuable time chasing "shadows"....jmo

It is being reported by several people on another forum that LE has asked store owners in Henryetta to take down their flyers on the POI. Don't know if it's true. Can someone local help us?

I'm getting some new rumors from topix. One poster said the stores in Henryetta have been told to remove the POI posters by Monday. Another poster, who is masquerading as Sam but is not, is saying that he heard that the witness had retracted the statement about the POI.

So, something is up! Maybe!

I'm getting some new rumors from topix. One poster said the stores in Henryetta have been told to remove the POI posters by Monday. Another poster, who is masquerading as Sam but is not, is saying that he heard that the witness had retracted the statement about the POI.

Well if that is true then Brown and OSBI have some tall explaining to do imo.

Not only did they say they that had this one man who saw the POI they said they have several who saw him that day.

And the artist also said he worked with several people when working on the sketch.

If that rumor is remotely true then OSBI should set that straight tomorrow.

imo

Someone may have reported seeing a POI to throw suspicion away from themselves.

Several people?:confused:

I just find that hard to believe.

Now, I would think they may tell them to take it down if they have identified the POI though. Of course any store owner can take them down if they want to, that is the owners call and it has been up there for awhile now.

They do the same thing in my area. After a few weeks the fliers will come down out of the stores even if the case wasn't resolved.

imoo

You mean someone has stolen Sam's nic? Hmmm where is Roy?:waitasec:

imoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads