LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is ICE?

Immigration and Customs Enforcement - a federal law enforcement agency.
That this agency is involved is a small clue regarding the direction of the investigation, but still lots of room for all kinds of speculation. ICE was/is involved in investigating Kyron Horman's disappearance, and unfortunately Kyron remains missing.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_and_Customs_Enforcement"]U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

This is a human trafficking question, as it seems to be a hot theory in various threads involving missing girls.

I actually live near Atlanta and have read a bit about trafficking. I recently walked the streets of Atlanta searching for a vulnerable girl who was missing for 4 days and interacted with some amazing volunteers who work hard to free women from this business. Most of those women were desperate, vulnerable, from difficult backgrounds...

I am CERTAINLY far from an expert--but my impression of trafficking in the states is that most of those young women are vulnerable mentally or because of addiction and are groomed for the work and kept high, provided for physically. It would seem that, unfortunately, there are enough runaways and/or vulnerable women who would be far easier prey than an athletic, intelligent, seemingly healthy (physically/mentally/emotionally) woman stolen at random.

Take it easy on me if I am way off base, I really am curious about this aspect since it seems to come up with fair regularity on these boards. Can anyone cite cases in the US where otherwise self-sufficient women were randomly drawn in to trafficking by abduction?
TIA.

I sure would like to know if there's a police presence at St. Louis/St. Landry right now. Or a city worker.

Please continue discussion of the Mickey Shunick case here.

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Facebook link: Find Mickey Shunick Now

The Advertiser: Police map Mickey's route

When new names - people, locations - enter the picture, please post them on this link's #tags, thanks.

And much thanks to queenofcorona, who started the original thread!

Quick OT question Woofy - what is our tag limit? I didn't know we had a limit LOL and I'm constantly tagging every thread I read. Now I'm worried about running out of tags... :)

I don't see anywhere on KATC's page that ICE has been called in. I see request for ice (as in frozen water) and ice chests for searchers.

They have now edited the blurb to lower case "ice". But earlier it said "I.C.E. Is being called in for assistance.".

Ugh. Sloppy reporting.

Also, hours ago, search headquarters said no more ice, please!

Busted in ACADIANA has a Facebook page.....there is still the original wording, copied from KATC on his page.

Take it easy on me if I am way off base, I really am curious about this aspect since it seems to come up with fair regularity on these boards. Can anyone cite cases in the US where otherwise self-sufficient women were randomly drawn in to trafficking by abduction?
TIA.
I've been wondering the same. Why go out of town to pick up a girl on a bike with bright lights for human trafficking. You'd think they just stay in town and pick up street wanderers.

I don't see anywhere on KATC's page that ICE has been called in. I see request for ice (as in frozen water) and ice chests for searchers.

Exactly. I can't remember who first posted that here but I immediately was like "Nooooo! It's ice! To keep the food cold!" That's one of the biggest things at HQ. Especially when it was still at Ryan St, with all the food outdoors. There are ice chests after ice chests lined up with drinks, food, etc. and the more people bringing perishable food, the more ice is needed. Also now they are sending out ice chests with search teams, which is easier than how we were doing it before with people only taking as many water bottles as they could carry in hand or backpack.

OK, hope this works. Is this the same truck....and what business is this... there is a sign that states Employee Parking right before you get to the drive. On St John about a block up on the same side she is traveling. Pray this works.

http://goo.gl/maps/H64i

Long time lurker...first time poster.

For what it's worth...my observation of the truck pic is the same as many of you have said. I can't shake the belief that someone is sitting on end of the truck bed but it looks to me like the left leg is crossed over the right. No tailgate on the truck which is very common for several reasons.

Also as has been said...trucks of that style are everywhere....in fact...go to google maps street view...go to where the truck is...take a left...about 100 ft down on the right you'll see one almost identical backed into a parking lot. No idea of the date of the google image.

Just my 1-1/2 cents...

They have now edited the blurb to lower case "ice". But earlier it said "I.C.E. Is being called in for assistance.".

Ugh. Sloppy reporting.

Also, hours ago, search headquarters said no more ice, please!

Probably a reporter saw what they wanted and ran with it. And yes, several awesome donors brought enough ice for the time being. It melts quicker than you'd think though!

OK, hope this works. Is this the same truck....and what business is this... there is a sign that states Employee Parking right before you get to the drive. On St John about a block up on the same side she is traveling. Pray this works.

http://goo.gl/maps/H64i

That's the employee parking lot for City of Lafayette Utilities

Long time lurker...first time poster.

For what it's worth...my observation of the truck pic is the same as many of you have said. I can't shake the belief that someone is sitting on end of the truck bed but it looks to me like the left leg is crossed over the right.

The pic is from a video. I think they would know and reveal if it was her sitting there in the back.

A local site on facebook sttated that sources say that ICE Immigration and Customs has been requested. I saw somewhere that KATC the local news station confirmed it. I will try to find links.

Also, I personally read Busted in Acadiana but do not consider their posts or info as fact. They are know to embellish.

A local site on facebook sttated that sources say that ICE Immigration and Customs has been requested. I saw somewhere that KATC the local news station confirmed it. I will try to find links.

Good luck! KATC has changed their info....I am so glad I wasn't the only one who saw it! I feel terrible for bringing mis-information here.

That's the employee parking lot for City of Lafayette Utilities

Just a bit more info ....

St John street name changes to St Landry as soon as it crosses University. The pic of the truck was taken from a cam at City of Lafayette Utilities (I am pretty sure) on the other side of the building from where the truck is parked (but both sides still facing St Landry).

Gosh, some of the stuff posted on facebook makes me what the do the :facepalm: move. I know people are trying to be helpful, but some clearly don't think before they type.

I have to agree with you. On KATC's page (Facebook??) they spell it 'Ice' as in frozen water, not ICE, as in Immigration and Customs something.......

ETA: I see this has already been covered. Teaches me not to read backwards. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie