GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hart Miles (former WC ADA/named as one of North Carolina's Legal Elite) is also with the federal public defenders office for ENC, a different entity from WCPD office.

This is outrageous. I am sickened by our justice system. A defense attorney should provide the best defense under the law: meaning if you're guilty your rights are protected but you're still guilty and you pay a price.

But that's not what happens. What happens is defense attorneys need to "win" and therein lies the huge waste of money and legal manipulation to distort the TRUTH. It's a legal game, not a quest for justice.

I absolutely cannot stand it that AH is having this attorney defend her. And I am paying for it with my tax dollars! Something is so wrong with our system.

I read comments here by others which suggest that Amanda was "under the influence" of GH. I have no facts, but my gut says, hell no. I don't view her as a victim at all. I would not be surprised if she ends up being the instigator of the heinous acts they performed.

This is outrageous. I am sickened by our justice system. A defense attorney should provide the best defense under the law: meaning if you're guilty your rights are protected but you're still guilty and you pay a price.

But that's not what happens. What happens is defense attorneys need to "win" and therein lies the huge waste of money and legal manipulation to distort the TRUTH. It's a legal game, not a quest for justice.

I absolutely cannot stand it that AH is having this attorney defend her. And I am paying for it with my tax dollars! Something is so wrong with our system.

I read comments here by others which suggest that Amanda was "under the influence" of GH. I have no facts, but my gut says, hell no. I don't view her as a victim at all. I would not be surprised if she ends up being the instigator of the heinous acts they performed.

I agree. I'm sure he is capable of killing someone but he doesn't seem to be smart enough to plan anything. Not to mention it was in her best interest for him not to be paying child support! She's the business person of the two. She's also a planner.........think about it.

I think she is a lot more involved than it appears. Going to HER sister's to dump LA's body. How would he know there was a great place with an alligator no less!

I'm also no real sure her sister didn't know what was going on. Regardless of what LE said. She might just be a good liar. I would have known the difference between the smell of human blood and the smell of fish bait or meat! Wouldn't you!

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9975620/
Investigators also sought warrants for Ackerson's car, records for a credit card belonging to Amanda Hayes and a storage unit at Secure Care Self Storage on Glenwood Avenue in Raleigh.
BBM
I wonder what the storage unit was all about....

I agree. I'm sure he is capable of killing someone but he doesn't seem to be smart enough to plan anything. Not to mention it was in her best interest for him not to be paying child support! She's the business person of the two. She's also a planner.........think about it.

I think she is a lot more involved than it appears. Going to HER sister's to dump LA's body. How would he know there was a great place with an alligator no less!

I'm also no real sure her sister didn't know what was going on. Regardless of what LE said. She might just be a good liar. I would have known the difference between the smell of human blood and the smell of fish bait or meat! Wouldn't you!

I wouldn't....

Here's a link to the search warrants if anybody hasn't seen them:
http://www.wral.com/news/local/asset_gallery/9975865/

Thanks!

I went through the SWs to pick out info about this case which has not yet been posted in the threads. Here is what I have:

scaled.php

^ 7/20 SW on GH/AH apartment (they were on the way back from TX at the time). Note 2 things: LA was supposed to show up at a friends house in Cary that evening after visiting the boys = initial suspicion on the last person to see her (GH/AH). The reported Feb court filing by GH (child abuse) is rather interesting. If it was LA he was reporting, it must not have checked out, because the visitation schedule remained uninterrupted.

scaled.php

^ what most of us have suspected all along - that GH was the sources of the "last seen at 9:30 PM in Raleigh" piece of info.

scaled.php

^seized on 7/20 search of GH/AH apartment

scaled.php

^ seized on 7/20 from LA's car

-cont in next post-

and a storage unit at Secure Care Self Storage on Glenwood Avenue in Raleigh.
BBM

scaled.php

^7/25 SW

scaled.php

scaled.php

^ items seized on 8/2 (3rd search of GH/AH apt)
Cigarette boxes (assume a "box" pack) are interesting...since he smokes, its a good bet there may be blood on those boxes as he "worked" and puffed without removing the gloves and/or thinking to destroy the cig boxes (maybe tossed and empty box pack away by habit).

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9975620/
Investigators also sought warrants for Ackerson's car, records for a credit card belonging to Amanda Hayes and a storage unit at Secure Care Self Storage on Glenwood Avenue in Raleigh.
BBM

When I saw that storage unit mentioned in one of the search warrants I had an 'ah-ha' moment and thought perhaps the dismemberment occurred there. Don't know what led LE to there, hope more info comes out soon.
I'm so glad the LE removed the plumbing from the Hayes' apartment. I've watched enough CSI to know that even with a *perfect* clean up that sometimes lots of evidence is left behind in the plumbing that the offenders never think about. I am praying they retrieved enough evidence from everywhere and anywhere to put these two evil persons away forever.

She was killed in the apartment? Didnt they live on the third floor? yikes!

I just cannot wrap my brain around the fact that they so nonchalantly placed ads on Craigslist for things in the apt. during this time (either having just dismembered LA or having her body there). And the baby was there too? God, how horrific...

I just cannot wrap my brain around the fact that they so nonchalantly placed ads on Craigslist for things in the apt. during this time (either having just dismembered LA or having her body there). And the baby was there too? God, how horrific...

In fact, one WS'er in the last thread noticed that on the craigslist photo for the living room set (listed at 11:45 AM on THU, the day after the murder) there is a laundry basket in the background with what appears to be a pinkish stained bath mat or towel in it:

3k33m23pa5Z25U05X4b7eed186cbfce2b14fe.jpg

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/fuo/2493826660.html

In fact, one WS'er in the last thread noticed that on the craigslist photo for the living room set (listed at 11:45 AM on THU, the day after the murder) there is a laundry basket in the background with what appears to be a pinkish stained bath mat or towel in it:

3k33m23pa5Z25U05X4b7eed186cbfce2b14fe.jpg

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/fuo/2493826660.html

They either didn't have half a brain between the two of them or they were so screwed up on drugs they couldn't think.
I remember the picture and mention of the pinkish stained item in the clothes basket. Could they have been *that* stupid? Maybe, as it appears most everything else they did during this time period was stupid and then some.

I absolutely cannot stand it that AH is having this attorney defend her. And I am paying for it with my tax dollars!

On one hand, maybe Mr. Miles requested the appointment as he is attracted to cases which garner a lot of publicity. He sees this as an opportunity, and perhaps AH is very much involved with the murder and the planning (before and after).

On the other, maybe AH has indicated she is ready to cut a deal - and this guy was suggested to make sure it happened?

I guess we'll find out pretty soon...

In any event, the public defender GH got appears to work out of his house (vs a high rise in downtown Raleigh) and has absolutely zero web or news presence aside from scant listings on legal directories, no accolades or mentions of achievement. He's not even the most notable attorney in the state with his own name (that's another guy in Elkin). Not to say he's an incompetent attorney, but in this day and age - that's pretty odd.

Have we discussed LA's father admittance of allegations of sexual abuse with his 3 children back in the 80s? Apparently his ex-wife accused him of molesting his children during those years. He mentioned it in a couple of tv interviews and said that it may be a problem with his gaining custody of LA's little boys. I have watched 2 tv interviews with him and can't get a feel--neither good nor bad. The family dynamic in this case, on both sides, is strange to say the least.

On one hand, maybe Mr. Miles requested the appointment as he is attracted to cases which garner a lot of publicity. He sees this as an opportunity, and perhaps AH is very much involved with the murder and the planning (before and after).

On the other, maybe AH has indicated she is ready to cut a deal - and this guy was suggested to make sure it happened?

In any event, the public defender GH got appears to work out of his house (vs a high rise in downtown Raleigh) and has absolutely zero web or news presence aside from scant listings on legal directories, no accolades or mentions of achievement. He's not even the most notable attorney in the state with his own name (that's another guy in Elkin). Not to say he's an incompetent attorney, but in this day and age - that's pretty odd.

Please indulge me this morning--migraine--so I don't have my wits about me. I can't remember who GH's attorney is--can you please send a link?
I have a strong suspicion AH is ready to cut a deal, and cut all ties with GH, to save her neck. I do not want her neck saved. I believe with all my heart she was a huge part of the masterminding of this murder and the trip to Texas was entirely her idea. She is setting up the early stages for some sort of defense--her daughter's interview and the high profile attorney. Depressions, drugs, fear of GH, ,,,,, who knows. But I hope none of it works for her.

The more I think about Attorney Miles the more I think he's in it for the notoriety.
The more I think about the no-name GH attorney, the more I am reminded of the no-name Baez defense attorney in the CA trial. His name is known world-wide now, with a touch of hatred thrown in.

Have we discussed LA's father admittance of allegations of sexual abuse with his 3 children back in the 80s? Apparently his ex-wife accused him of molesting his children during those years. He mentioned it in a couple of tv interviews and said that it may be a problem with his gaining custody of LA's little boys. I have watched 2 tv interviews with him and can't get a feel--neither good nor bad. The family dynamic in this case, on both sides, is strange to say the least.

Just for clarity, RA has never admitted to molesting his daughters. In fact, he points to the friend of the court report and interviews which he claims do not even hint of that or any questionable conduct.

He denies the allegations, but does admit that the allegations might be a problem.

I'm not sure what to think, the hearings should shed more light. What's known is that in 1984 when he and his second wife had Laura, his two daughters (aged 7 and 10 at the time) left to live with their mother, and Jason stayed with his father/stepmother & Laura.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni