recent Hailey items

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reveiwing google maps and Bing maps. I noticed some work has been done in the area in question since the maps photos were taken.

I am wondering if it is possible that these remains were buried in the dirt as work was done and have been unearth for whatever reason.

You can see fresh dirt exposed in many of the maps photos at exit 242.

from the looks of where the body was found, it doesn't look like any kind of construction has taken place in a long time.

An update tonight on the investigation of the body found in Sweetwater yesterday. Residents claim they saw authorities searching a vacant truck that belonged to a man often seen in the area. Folks in that area say they haven't seen that man in some time.

"We don't know where he's at, where he's been, and now with this body, we're just hoping it's not him," says Johnny De Los Santos, an employee at B-Line Lube.

However, speculation only increased when De Los Santos says authorities were out investigating the vehicle early this morning.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=518172

This probably isn't Hailey :( but I wonder if the person could have been hit by a car while crossing the highway and that's why they were on the median?

Remains Found Along I-20 in Sweetwater, TX
Texas Department of Transportation workers found a dead body just inside Sweetwater in the median of Interstate 20.
. . . The TX Dot employees were cleaning up after mowing along the interstate when they found the body at approximately mile marker 242, just east of the T-A Truck Stop and Dandy's Western Wear. Sweetwater Police, Texas DPS and the Nolan County Sheriff's Office are assisting.

Body Found in Nolan County
Authorities do not know if the body was male or female, said Brian Frieda, police chief for the Sweetwater Police Department.
"The body is in a severe state of decomposition, so being able to tell if the race or sex of the individual is not being able to be made at this time," said Frieda.
The remains were sent to Lubbock for autopsy.

from the looks of where the body was found, it doesn't look like any kind of construction has taken place in a long time.

The man who's vehicle was left in the area seems like a good candidate for the remains. But why didn't anyone call that in to police? Seems like a lot of them knew his vehicle had been left untouched for a while? :waitasec:

The man who's vehicle was left in the area seems like a good candidate for the remains. But why didn't anyone call that in to police? Seems like a lot of them knew his vehicle had been left untouched for a while? :waitasec:

I can't believe a corpse laid out in the median on a busy interstate and by a truck stop and other businesses till it was just a pile of bones and no one noticed...boggles my mind. I guess people just don't want to get involved anymore. I know of no other reason.

It is hard to believe cajun, plus you would think there would be an odor or vector activity, right?

Ok. I am game lets start with the title.

Hailey Dunn's Birthday Doesn't Change Anything For Lead Investigators

More of the same from them for the next year.

The next part seems to be saying she is still missing and her birthday isnt any reason to look. All the news stories are not helping.

To outsiders it is discouraging , I guess the insiders are not discouraged.

Kelsy says keeping the same mind set she had when Hailey first went missing is the key. ( horrid flashback to unprofessional dispatcher in their dept on anouther call) She also seems to be trying not to say anything yet let us know that the investigation is nothing but reflection as of now and Haileys birthday isnt going to push an effort from her. IMO...moo...

Maybe I should have let someone else do this because now I am po'ed.

Soul- all I want to scream is WHAT mindset? What key ? WHAT WHAT frame of mind- when ya gonna get fired up?
Oh God, poor Hailey. The date of her birthday means nothing-SHE is still missing, isn't that what is important.

ARGH

It is still hers and Honoring a missing girl on her Birthday should not have sparked an article like that. They just refuse to act like they care about Hailey Dunn as a person. It is crazy.

I have never seen the lack of compassion coming from a cases investigating agency like this. Have you?

@2:17 in video-
Rivera says; "she's ok, she's still, she's still here on earth, she's ok. You have to approach it like that".

sres, I think this ^^ is the mindset the reporter and Rivera are referring to :notgood:

That was the worst interview I have ever seen in my life. Didn't think a few from the past could be topped, but this one took new honors. So good to know Detective Rivera is still on the case. I'm so inspired and encouraged by her words and dedication.

I'll just shut-up now before I get myself in trouble.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

It is still hers and Honoring a missing girl on her Birthday should not have sparked an article like that. They just refuse to act like they care about Hailey Dunn as a person. It is crazy.

I have never seen the lack of compassion coming from a cases investigating agency like this. Have you?
If you are going to be angry at anyone, be angry at the bad headline and horrible reporting by KTAB. If you watch the video interview of the lead investigator, you'll see that she works on Hailey's case daily and takes it very seriously. Unfortunately the reporter talks over most of the interview but the investigator comes across as determined to keep Hailey's investigation alive. I don't see any reason to be upset at her. She's just an officer on a small police force trying to do her job. Here is the article with video:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=525112

Also, if you want to get a feel for the officer leading the investigation, Kelsey Rivera, you can check out this story where gives her thoughts on victims of sexual assault. She is very concerned about the victims of crimes:

“The victims feel they are responsible in some way or that no one will believe them,” Rivera said. “They need to know they are not alone.”
In marriages, a common belief is that one party no longer has the same rights they had when they were single; it isn’t rape if it is your wife. According to Rivera, that is just absurd.
“Your body is your temple,” she said. “No one has the right to take that away from you.”

The bottom line, according to Rivera was this: “You are not alone. You will be listened to.”

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2012/08/sexual-assault-unreported-evil

well I am so glad the investigation is still alive

going back to the basement and do my thing

argh,move over Knox, I need to hit me head too

The problem I see is that we probably can't expect the Colorado City PD (with only 7 officers) or the Mitchell County Sheriffs Office to have the available manpower or expertise needed for this case, no matter how well intentioned they are. I'd like to know if they are still getting assistance from the Rangers or whatever state LE.

Chili, we'd ALL like to know what , if any assistance local LE is getting...and if they aren't , why not? I keep wishing that somehow they could pass the baton, so to speak , to a different agency, to see if that would make a difference in the investigation.

Sorry, I am a little testy, as dear Hailey is still unfound

Well that interview doesn't fill me with much hope. I am sure the officer is a genuine and dedicated person but she didn't come across particularly articulate or prepared for the interview so it doesn't endear much confidence.

Hailey's only hope IMO is a confession, all I hope is that if that happens it is recorded legally.

That link won't open for me. I wish I could read it, but I've tried twice and I get an error page. Not saying I don't trust y'all's interpretation of the article but I like to read things for myself. Oh well.

If you are going to be angry at anyone, be angry at the bad headline and horrible reporting by KTAB. If you watch the video interview of the lead investigator, you'll see that she works on Hailey's case daily and takes it very seriously. Unfortunately the reporter talks over most of the interview but the investigator comes across as determined to keep Hailey's investigation alive. I don't see any reason to be upset at her. She's just an officer on a small police force trying to do her job. Here is the article with video:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=525112

Also, if you want to get a feel for the officer leading the investigation, Kelsey Rivera, you can check out this story where gives her thoughts on victims of sexual assault. She is very concerned about the victims of crimes:

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2012/08/sexual-assault-unreported-evil

Thanks, Chili. I didn't see anything in that to be upset about. It's all in one's interpretation, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G14-Classified