Are there other victims?

Live conference now saying they found more bones on each property! Tomorrow, there will be cadaver dogs brought in.

thanks western, i missed the beginning of it, but thought that was what she was talking about!! i'm so confused as to why this wasn't done as soon as they found Jaycee and arrested Garrido's!

They have said repeatedly that they needed to get correct warrants and coordinate with all agencies involved, blah, blah,. I know, right? It kills me that they didn't secure the place immediately and go to town with it!

They have said repeatedly that they needed to get correct warrants and coordinate with all agencies involved, blah, blah,. I know, right? It kills me that they didn't secure the place immediately and go to town with it!

yeah exactly, blah blah blah....such bs. IMO any judge would have signed a search warrant for that place even if he had to come into the office in the middle of the night...at least for the PD involved in her discovery. i can see Hayward and Dublin having taken a few days, but not this long. if so, that is shameful!

I have a feeling LE is withholding the information that the bone fragment has been identified as belonging to Ilene Mishelhoff, and as soon as it was confirmed, they moved in with the search warrants. Of course, I could be wrong.

I have a feeling LE is withholding the information that the bone fragment has been identified as belonging to Ilene Mishelhoff, and as soon as it was confirmed, they moved in with the search warrants. Of course, I could be wrong.

I was thinking the same thing, that it belonged to Ilene or Michaela. I was leaning towards Michaela, because I firmly believe that PG DID abducted Michaela and it is only a matter of time until they find her.
However, I think that the bone belonging to Ilene would make more sense since the Dublin police have obtained a search warrant and there are very few similarities between Jaycee and Ilene's cases.

If nothing else, it will at least bring closure to some of these families.

I was thinking the same thing, that it belonged to Ilene or Michaela. I was leaning towards Michaela, because I firmly believe that PG DID abducted Michaela and it is only a matter of time until they find her.
However, I think that the bone belonging to Ilene would make more sense since the Dublin police have obtained a search warrant and there are very few similarities between Jaycee and Ilene's cases.

If nothing else, it will at least bring closure to some of these families.

You are probably right that he also abducted Michaela, and this search will produce evidence that he did.

My feeling about the first bone being Ilene's is based on the search warrants. Both warrants have similar wordings but some things were adapted as needed for each case. Dublin's search warrant specifically cites the bone fragment.

Ugh. I hate typing these words. I will take comfort in your words, that it will at least bring closure to the families.

You are probably right that he also abducted Michaela, and this search will produce evidence that he did.

My feeling about the first bone being Ilene's is based on the search warrants. Both warrants have similar wordings but some things were adapted as needed for each case. Dublin's search warrant specifically cites the bone fragment.

Ugh. I hate typing these words. I will take comfort in your words, that it will at least bring closure to the families.

I hadn't noticed that, but knowing that, i agree that it is most likely Ilene's. I wonder if her parents know anything?

I really feel that in the coming weeks, we're going to see multiple cold cases solved.

I hate typing these words too...but I also can't imagine the pain the the Michaela and Ilene's families have known for the past 20 years of not knowing where their children are. I am sure as much as this must be killing them, knowing for SURE will be a bittersweet relief.

Yes, California, I have a feeling, too, that after looking at the warrants, it has something to do with Ilene. So very sad!

Well, I imagine the FBI, the El Dorado County, and the Contra Costa County authorities have interviewed her extensively. I would think that if Dublin or Hayward has questions that haven't already been answered they could submit them to her in writing. Assuming of course that all the law enforcement agencies are talking with and sharing information with one another.
Something has led them to the search of these properties. Is it the finding of that one bone? I dunno.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/16/california.kidnapping/index.html

This is a link to CNN's latest article. The most alarming thing I read in it was: "Neither police department has interviewed Dugard, police said."

WHY NOT?? She may know something of value!

I can imagine that the knowledge there may have been other victims would be shattering to Jaycee. We have no idea of knowing what she knows; what she was forced to see; what her captors tried to keep her from seeing; what she suspected; what she feared . . . . if there was anyone else in the compound other than herself and her daughters . . . and the same goes for what her daughters knew, didn't know, etc.

You wonder what knowledge/ suspicions she had to suppress/ repress for those 18 years just in order to survive without going crazy.

I mean, Jaycee and her daughters have ENOUGH to deal with . . . . . can you imagine them (esp. the daughters, who may well not have had any IDEA that what was going on wasn't normal) finding out that their "husband"/ father was perhaps a serial rapist and killer? At present, perhaps the daughters wouldn't even understand the concept of rape, nevermind that they themselves were products of rape.

To talk to Jaycee about the other missing girls would require a great deal of caution and caring . . . to say the least . . .

As we've read, Jaycee went back to the compound and described everything - - where she gave birth, etc., etc. This information and other interviews could have been shared with the other law enforcement officials in charge of the other missing girls investigations . . .

This is a link to CNN's latest article. The most alarming thing I read in it was: "Neither police department has interviewed Dugard, police said."

Most likely because she is allready being interviewed by the FBI. They no doubt would have asked if anyone else was involved that she was aware of and I'm guessing she said no. Under those circumstances and considering that she is likely in a fragile state of mind, they would have nixed interviews by other jurisdictions unless there was a compelling reason to do so.

I can imagine that the knowledge there may have been other victims would be shattering to Jaycee. We have no idea of knowing what she knows; what she was forced to see; what her captors tried to keep her from seeing; what she suspected; what she feared . . . . if there was anyone else in the compound other than herself and her daughters . . . and the same goes for what her daughters knew, didn't know, etc.

There is unfortunately another possibility that is too terrible to contemplate :(

thanks western, i missed the beginning of it, but thought that was what she was talking about!! i'm so confused as to why this wasn't done as soon as they found Jaycee and arrested Garrido's!

I thought the same thing! THey should have been painstakingly documenting and disassembling that yard systematically from day 2, adding the other yard when his association with that other property became clear, and then they should have stripped that ground bare to find out everything underneath... the pool for example, what would be under those buildings, under the pool... and what was under the "soundproofed shed" - that was a more permanent structure, it would make sense if he put it on something he was trying to hide. Hopefully they get Nancy talking. I know some think she is worse than he is for working with him on all of this since he's the one who is mentally ill and all... and I partially agree, and think she must be punished severely, but if she can tell what he's done and nobody else can, I still think it would be worth it to get her talking...

Any idea why Ilene rather than Michaela? Just curious.

That is for Jaycee's benefit. She went from living a very reclusive life, under her captor's control to freedom. To reuniting with her mother and other family, to explaining to her children, to meeting with counselors and beginning the steps to recovery, to meeting with one law enforcement department and reliving very painful memories so that she could share them and begin the steps to justice. All that is a huge amount to be going through right now. If they began meetings with every other local dept. I would think that would be pretty overwhelming.

If she is talking to one LE, then her info is being recorded then would be relayed to the other appropriate depts. They can then be looking to see if the info matches their cases, they can then be involved in the property search to see if any evidence can be found. There is time for Jaycee to talk to the other depts. After she has had more time to rest and recover and let it sink in that she is really now back to her old life, but with a new road ahead of her. And in the mean time PG isn't going anywhere. And I would think that while other families would want to get info about their child as soon as possible, they wouldn't want to rush it and risk Jaycee shutting down.

Let's face it, the fact that Jaycee is talking to them at all is major. First, she is alive. Second no one can force her to share details if she doesn't want. And third in her situation I would think that if she told her counselors that she felt uncomforable with sharing with LE..... most counselors would say they didn't feel she was ready for that. So if she is sharing with one department this soon, rejoice.

I thought the same thing! THey should have been painstakingly documenting and disassembling that yard systematically from day 2, adding the other yard when his association with that other property became clear, and then they should have stripped that ground bare to find out everything underneath... the pool for example, what would be under those buildings, under the pool... and what was under the "soundproofed shed" - that was a more permanent structure, it would make sense if he put it on something he was trying to hide. Hopefully they get Nancy talking. I know some think she is worse than he is for working with him on all of this since he's the one who is mentally ill and all... and I partially agree, and think she must be punished severely, but if she can tell what he's done and nobody else can, I still think it would be worth it to get her talking...

I think that if there are other victims, Nancy is likely to be the key. But, to get her to talk they are going to have to give her a Karla option.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back