NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
You took the words right out of my mouth. What kind of monster can look at any child, let alone a child that has suffered so much hardship already in her young life, and want to do her harm? I have been appalled by many things I have seen, read and heard over the years, but this really takes it.

This is one of the worst cases I've ever read about, along with that of Ethan Stacy and another one which really broke me up: little Tiffany Wright of the UK, who was starved to death by her parents who partied downstairs in the pub the mother owned:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ub-hadnt-seen-social-workers-nearly-year.html

Sorry to get off-topic, but these cases of ungodly cruelty are just unexplainable.

Just a guess but could be for the generators and chainsaws?

I saw those and took the picture thinking hmmmm. But my hubby said the same thing. They were probably for the generators. Also they were outside of the taped off area and just sitting unwatched. So probably not anything important :)

Is there any way to find out when/if there will be a live press release? I would think they would be releasing some news soon, wouldn't you?

Eb seemed very close to her daughter Brittany. Maybe she and her husband visted?

Except BS was all over FB and the media accusing her mother of abusing Zahra.

but if it is true she visited on Thur and saw Zahra she may have visited her mother--- but something just tells me no.

O/T Anna Nicole Smiths Dr acquitted on all counts

Of course I am jaded after having been a member here at WS.

But I can honestly say this wholehearedly. IF I ever had direct knowledge of a crime, if I had a family member accused of a crime, if I had a friend or aquaintence accused of a crime.

I would not be speaking to the media period. No way no how. LE--yes. Not the media whooboy not them.

JMHO.

I agree and I would like to think most people are the same. BUT, we know that's not the case. For every decent person like you, there is another one out there for money or their 15 minutes.

But I can honestly say this wholehearedly. IF I ever had direct knowledge of a crime, if I had a family member accused of a crime, if I had a friend or aquaintence accused of a crime.

I would not be speaking to the media period. No way no how. LE--yes. Not the media whooboy not them.

JMHO.

I agree. I'd be too afraid that something I said would distract from the investigation, or accidentally warn the perp, or something. It just doesn't seem appropriate to me.

Why the he!! are these [unusual people] just confessing, and trying to get a plea? It's only a matter of time. They need to end this...poor, poor Zahra... it's really too much already...

ITA. Seriously, death penalty or cop a plea for life. What is she waiting for?

Disclaimer: EB has not been proven guilty, it is completely my current assumption based on what I consider facts-granted merely circumstances at moment.

Hubby told him he would make sure to let his friends and family know how he acted. He didn't think they would want to eat somewhere if they knew the owner was a *$^*#$*(

Seriously this guy was complaining about the fact that SOME of his parking lot had been taped off. He was complaining to the officers that his customers couldn't park....I mean they are only trying to find this child and allow her peace. I can see why you would be more concerned about your parking spaces!!

In all honesty I think I would get the guy a break if is truly interfering with his business. This is at least the second straight day and has been going on and off for weeks now. His nerves are probably bad from all this and the economy is bad all over as it is, maybe he can't afford the loss of business, not everyone is prospering in these times.

I also feel for the home owner. I know it all must be done but can't be good for his livihood either.

Is there any way to find out when/if there will be a live press release? I would think they would be releasing some news soon, wouldn't you?

Not necessarily, especially if they haven't found anything.

JMHO.

Speaking from experience that is the way to go-- even in small towns the media is out for headlines. I didn't speak to the media until the trial, by then I knew the reporter and was comfortable that he was fair minded and he was.

Just wanted to thank every one for keeping up the tags and again to invite any guests to go ahead and sign up and tell us your thoughts. I promise that we won't hurt you as long as you are kind, speculative, and want to discuss the case. And if a random comment that brings a smile or sparks a new thought in someone else's mind, that is highly encouraged around here (as long as you make efforts to stay on topic).

In all honesty I think I would get the guy a break if is truly interfering with his business. This is at least the second straight day and has been going on and off for weeks now. His nerves are probably bad from all this and the economy is bad all over as it is, maybe he can't afford the loss of business, not everyone is prospering in these times.

I also feel for the home owner. I know it all must be done but can't be good for his livihood either.

IMHO, if he were a smart business man, he would be making sake lunches for the workers and at least passing out menus!

I tend to agree- it was inanimate objects that went through the chipper- I just have to say that if they were picking up bits and pieces of that little girl it wouldn't be out in the open like that, and they would be even more emotional.

IMHO I don't feel like there is a lot of heavy emotion on the scene. Maybe it's just me but in several photos I see relaxed but dedicated faces. IMO they are leaving no stone unturned but haven't discovered anything particularly disturbing as of yet.

Hubby told him he would make sure to let his friends and family know how he acted. He didn't think they would want to eat somewhere if they knew the owner was a *$^*#$*(

Seriously this guy was complaining about the fact that SOME of his parking lot had been taped off. He was complaining to the officers that his customers couldn't park....I mean they are only trying to find this child and allow her peace. I can see why you would be more concerned about your parking spaces!!

Wow... can Nancy Grace get this guy on camera complaining about his parking area... and her confront him... That I would watch....:dance:

This is one of the worst cases I've ever read about, along with that of Ethan Stacy and another one which really broke me up: little Tiffany Wright of the UK, who was starved to death by her parents who partied downstairs in the pub the mother owned:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ub-hadnt-seen-social-workers-nearly-year.html

Sorry to get off-topic, but these cases of ungodly cruelty are just unexplainable.

Yes, Ethan Stacy is equally horrific, and I had not heard of Tiffany before. I read your link - 12 and 5 year sentences?! It truly sickens me.

Also sorry about the brief OT!

Except BS was all over FB and the media accusing her mother of abusing Zahra.

but if it is true she visited on Thur and saw Zahra she may have visited her mother--- but something just tells me no.

The niece in law( ? )is the Brittany B that was accusing EB. The daughter is also named Brittany S. On the myspace I viewed, it seemed that daughter Brittany is Eb's golden child, and there was some distance between EB and her other two daughters and son.

Anyway, OT, but I told my 4-year-old that there were dogs searching for a missing little girl. She said "They will smell the little girl's stinky feet and find her!" lol

I don't usually follow these types of cases so closely. Without being too graphic, I don't exactly understand LE taking the entire house apart. The drains I understand. I also get looking under floorboards & into crawl spaces. Are there other reasons they are dismantling that house? (my take on it from what I've read)

The niece in law( ? )is the Brittany B that was accusing EB. The daughter is also named Brittany S. On the myspace I viewed, it seemed that daughter Brittany is Eb's golden child, and there was some distance between EB and her other two daughters and son.

Anyway, OT, but I told my 4-year-old that there were dogs searching for a missing little girl. She said "They will smell the little girl's stinky feet and find her!" lol

Thank you for sharing your 4 year old's comments. I miss the giggles about "stinky feet" at my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member