Elisa Baker - Life Before Adam

She seems to have a strange hold over certain people...the word that comes to mind is "preternatural".

JMO.

LOL......I had to google what "preternatural" meant.........yep, IIRC EB wants to be a vampire when she grws up!

teh can't stay on topic...........lol

I think the actual mechanics of these relationships are just unfathomable to us until someone does an indepth interview or something. With the info we have, it's not really fruitful to speculate upon, IMO.

I actually see her as quite the opposite, fwiw. She is not much of a mastermind and seems to set her sites on men who may or may not have much self worth. At the end of the day AB may have been using her to get to the states rather than because he was mesmerized by her.

Just speculating.

She has been busted on everything so far...I mean she may have saved the team some digging, but they were going to find Zahra anyway. And by cooperating, I seriously doubt it was out of the goodness of her heart rather than an attempt at saving her own skin. The jig was up.

Are we O/T from whether or not she committed bigamy, BTW??

Well, perhaps a bit O/T, but part of it is wondering how she's able to get so many men to hook up with her. Some guy from England allegedly sent her $10,000, and that's not chump change. What's the attraction here???

I think the actual mechanics of these relationships are just unfathomable to us until someone does an indepth interview or something. With the info we have, it's not really fruitful to speculate upon, IMO.

lol, I'm just worse than a 3 year old asking WHY? WHY? WHY? :crazy:

Thanks. I will refrain from further speculation on the subject.

Well, perhaps a bit O/T, but part of it is wondering how she's able to get so many men to hook up with her. Some guy from England allegedly sent her $10,000, and that's not chump change. What's the attraction here???

I dont think there is a complicated answer to this-she picks targets, say like a pick pocket would. She doesnt stop at strangers-look at all of the fraud involving her own family.

She likes lies-that is how I see it. Some people prefer lying to the truth. ICA is an excellent example.

ETA: Case in point-her letter indicating that she looks younger than her age. I am not picking on her-I find her unattractive because of the nature of her crime. Just my personal opinion. But the most objective observer could see that this is not the case. This is clearly o/t but I would like to know if she used her own photo in her correspondence with people.

But I digress. AY and AB married her for some reason. Could have been personal gain for both, could have been deep affection.

If Elisa never worked, she can apply for Supplemental Security Income disability.

In order to qualify for SSI benefits, an individual must be aged 65 years or older, be legally blind, or meet the definition of permanent disability provided by the SSA.

http://www.socialsecurity-disability.org/content/about-ssi?gclid=CMvRoqW_raUCFYNk7Aod7325ag

I was going by my friends mother-in-law who had rheumatoid arthritis and never was able to work. She was not eligible for disability. And going by my own social security statement I am no longer eligible for disability even though I worked since a teenager.

I dont think there is a complicated answer to this-she picks targets, say like a pick pocket would. She doesnt stop at strangers-look at all of the fraud involving her own family.

She likes lies-that is how I see it. Some people prefer lying to the truth. ICA is an excellent example.

ETA: Case in point-her letter indicating that she looks younger than her age. I am not picking on her-I find her unattractive because of the nature of her crime. Just my personal opinion. But the most objective observer could see that this is not the case. This is clearly o/t but I would like to know if she used her own photo in her correspondence with people.

But I digress. AY and AB married her for some reason. Could have been personal gain for both, could have been deep affection.

TY believe!

I do think that she seduced many of these men. Especially if she was luring them online, where one has the opportunity to be whomever and whatever one wishes. When they learned more about the "real" E-- (gosh I don't even want to call her EB now), the smart ones bailed out.

The one lingering sour note in this (IMO sick) symphony is AY, whose relationship with her lasted 10 years and included so very many lies involving so very many people.

I think LE, FBI and even Homeland Security should deeply look into all her alias because I remember in the news it was stated that terrorist was searching for woman to marry to gain visa, or other legal papers. Who is to say that EB wasn't advertising such on some website that we are not aware of. All speculating like everyone else but I'm hoping that someone does check it out. She could have married someone on paper alone for money.

TY believe!

I do think that she seduced many of these men. Especially if she was luring them online, where one has the opportunity to be whomever and whatever one wishes. When they learned more about the "real" E-- (gosh I don't even want to call her EB now), the smart ones bailed out.

The one lingering sour note in this (IMO sick) symphony is AY, whose relationship with her lasted 10 years and included so very many lies involving so very many people.

Then again it's quite possible she did the same thing to AY that she did to AB. Committed bigamy by marrying him, carried on an online affair with someone while married to him, left him and told him she had filed for divorce when in fact she hadn't, somehow managed to have him still talking to her when all that came out and lying for her.

I really wish AY would sit down with a reporter, do an interview, and try to explain how this happened and what hold this woman has if that's the case.

MOO

Then again it's quite possible she did the same thing to AY that she did to AB. Committed bigamy by marrying him, carried on an online affair with someone while married to him, left him and told him she had filed for divorce when in fact she hadn't, somehow managed to have him still talking to her when all that came out and lying for her.

I really wish AY would sit down with a reporter, do an interview, and try to explain how this happened and what hold this woman has if that's the case.

MOO

RBBM

Kamille, my only concern then is that of all these marriages, her marriage with AY apparently started in 1998 and ended in 2008. In that timeframe, EB married other persons. Was AY unaware of these other marriages? Why did he admittedly help lie to AB once AB got to the US?

Totally agree with you, wish AY would sit down with SOMEone and give us his own explanation... Cuz right now I am just :waitasec:

I think that EB (shamelessly taken from ynotdivein) had a grip on a lot of people. We know that with one of the B's that hold was that Eiei-oh was her dealer. Who knows what other holds she had on the other people around her.

EB strikes me as the type who would get hold of some sort of information/leverage (and recognize it immediately as just that - LEVERAGE) on everyone around her. She is street savvy and has been manipulating for years IMO.

All this going along with the uncle/daddy hooey just convinces me that EB had something on AY and it is not what he claims. He stated on FB he went along with the marriage lie because EB insisted and he wanted to stay close with his adult stepkids. I say, EB may indeed have insisted, but that is not the reason he went along.

All those stepchildren are grown and perfectly cabale of carrying on a relationship without mommy's permission. I do not pretent to know WHAT Ei had on him. But I know it was pretty powerful stuff for him to have gone along with this farce.

I think alot of his odd, oh so concerned, FB posts about Z in the days since she's gone missing are genuine. I think this man is riddled with guilt that he somehow contributed to this ultimately through his participation in EB machinations.

all the above is, as usual lil ole MOO

I think LE, FBI and even Homeland Security should deeply look into all her alias because I remember in the news it was stated that terrorist was searching for woman to marry to gain visa, or other legal papers. Who is to say that EB wasn't advertising such on some website that we are not aware of. All speculating like everyone else but I'm hoping that someone does check it out. She could have married someone on paper alone for money.

Perhaps they can use this and the bigamy as leverage to get her to tell all she knows....I'm pretty sure she's never thought about the terrorist angle.

I think that EB (shamelessly taken from ynotdivein) had a grip on a lot of people. We know that with one of the B's that hold was that Eiei-oh was her dealer. Who knows what other holds she had on the other people around her.

EB strikes me as the type who would get hold of some sort of information/leverage (and recognize it immediately as just that - LEVERAGE) on everyone around her. She is street savvy and has been manipulating for years IMO.

All this going along with the uncle/daddy hooey just convinces me that EB had something on AY and it is not what he claims. He stated on FB he went along with the marriage lie because EB insisted and he wanted to stay close with his adult stepkids. I say, EB may indeed have insisted, but that is not the reason he went along.

All those stepchildren are grown and perfectly cabale of carrying on a relationship without mommy's permission. I do not pretent to know WHAT Ei had on him. But I know it was pretty powerful stuff for him to have gone along with this farce.

I think alot of his odd, oh so concerned, FB posts about Z in the days since she's gone missing are genuine. I think this man is riddled with guilt that he somehow contributed to this ultimately through his participation in EB machinations.

all the above is, as usual lil ole MOO

ITA Ti-
And I also think AY knew long before the public knew that bigamy was going to come into this case. I think alot of his FB posting (while genuine in his feelings) were a sort of pre-emptive strike as he knew how it might make him look once it all became public!

Personally, I get and appreciate the humor. In MSM, she is ID'd as EB, not step-monster etc...I have lots of names I may call her offline, but well you know that whole tricky TOS thing.

I think it is kind of telling that the parties involved in the bigamy thing arent sitting down for interviews yet. Perhaps LE has asked that they remain quiet. Perhaps the story has a few holes on both sides. It will be interesting to see if this ends up having some kind of influence on poor Zahra's case.

I think it is kind of telling that the parties involved in the bigamy think arent sitting down for interviews yet. Perhaps LE has asked that they remain quiet. Perhaps the story has a few holes on both sides. It will be interesting to see if this ends up having some kind of influence on poor Zahra's case.

believe, I am curious about this too. Understood we don't need to drag all her past dupes into this but from where I sit (on mah couch, with mah kittehs, and mah wine, pondering it all), AY and she had a 10-year marriage. That marriage spanned a couple of <modsnip> other marriages. IMO that fact alone is supremely interesting.

I would bet that LE has been in touch with her previous spouses and maybe they are keeping tight-lipped because they couldn't bring much new to bear on the case. But AY? If any of <modsnip> previous marriages have a bearing on what happened to Zahra I would bet money that it is that one. MOO!

RBBM

Kamille, my only concern then is that of all these marriages, her marriage with AY apparently started in 1998 and ended in 2008. In that timeframe, EB married other persons. Was AY unaware of these other marriages? Why did he admittedly help lie to AB once AB got to the US?

Totally agree with you, wish AY would sit down with SOMEone and give us his own explanation... Cuz right now I am just :waitasec:

BBM

I think maybe he was scared of her. Perhaps he knew it was better to go along with her than against her. I think she's very spiteful and can make someone's life a living h3ll if you do go against her. I think she had that effect on a lot of people. It seems as though a big collective sigh of relief came up from the whole family when it appeared that she was going to jail for good.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back