CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not been able to find the photo that was shown in an earlier article of DLS. It seems to have disappeared. Has anyone found any news article or police report concerning a body being found in Stenabaugh Cemetery during a film shoot two years ago? Wouldn't that have been huge news in such a small community?

Sorry I haven't been posting. I'm keeping up but dealing with health issues. I, too, have some serious doubts and questions.

First - I hope your health issues are resolved soon.

Secondly - I'd never even heard about the body found during the film shoot until I read it here, at this site. I find that a little upsetting/confusing. One would think it would be 'big news' in this area.

I think they got the right guy. I bet there is DNA evidence on his clothes. As he was picked up in the laundry mat, I wonder if he was trying to wash bloody clothes he had hidden.

This is pretty interesting :
http://www.roadghosts.com/Cases-World.htm

Date/Time: c. 1987 (August) & 1996 (c.1.30 a.m.). MAP

In the early hours of one morning, at around 2.30 a.m., Amy Cripps received a phone call from her brother. No-one calls at that time for an idle chat. It was soon obvious to her that he was very upset over something. Amy tried to calm him down and get him say what was bothering him, but, as a sceptical person, the nature of what had just happened to him made it difficult for him to tell his story. Finally, though, he began. He told his sister because she was the only one he could trust to believe him and not think him crazy.

Amy's brother worked as a manager of a movie theatre in a large city, about 40 minutes away, finishing after midnight most nights. On this particular night, he got off at around 1.30 a.m. On his way home, he decided to get off the main highway and take the less travelled country roads into his home town, enjoying the drive in his new car.

About 150 yards from his last turn towards home, there is a small cemetery called Stenabaugh Cemetery, which lies close to the road. As he approached the cemetery, Amy's brother caught something moving from the corner of his eye to his right, across the passenger seat. Turning to get a better view, expecting to find it was nothing, he was shocked to see a figure of a man jump out from the cemetery and hit the side of his car. He clearly saw an old man staring at him through the passenger side window, as if he was holding onto the door. Amy's brother swerved, almost crashing his car into the cemetery. Checking over his back seat, there was no-one there.

Amy said: "Obviously shaken, my brother tried to collect himself, and sped off towards home. As soon as he walked through his door, he phoned me. I never in my life thought I would hear my brother speak of such things, being the skeptic that he is. I'll never forget the fear in his voice as he spoke to me that night. He told the rest of my family the next day, and they all just laughed at him. He never spoke of it again, but I know that it is still in his mind, as he has never taken those back roads at night again."

Amy added that a friend of hers by the name of Paul (then around 18 years of age) used to live a short distance away from Stenabaugh Cemetery, and years before Amy's brother's own experience, had told her that people of the area were aware of a male spirit that wandered the cemetery at night, trying to cause people to crash their vehicles. Amy's friend too was sceptical until he ran into the figure one night. The man had suddenly appeared in the middle of the road, caused him to swerve and crash his car into a nearby field. "Fortunately," said Amy, "he survived with only a few bruises, and a bad case of the heebie-jeebies, but if he had swerved his car in a different direction, he could have plowed into a tree or into the marsh across the road, where he would not have been so lucky."

Source(s): 'The Ghost of Stenabaugh Cemetery'. Thanks are extended to Amy Cripps for her help and permission to use her account here. You can visit Amy's own website on ghosts and urban legends (including Stenabaugh Cemetery) at http://www.geocities.com/maulchic2/index.html

Stenabaugh Cemetery is located in Wentworth County, Ontario, Canada, between the towns of Hamilton and Brantford. A picture of the cemetery and other details can be found on the www.interment.net website (the caption reads: 'Stenabaugh Cemetery, established 1863, located on Indian Trail, Ancaster Twsp. Indication is that the first burials date back to the early 1860s'). The photograph by Murray E. Fair clearly shows the unfenced, grass-verged cemetery and the adjacent road, just as described in Amy's account.

I think they got the right guy. I bet there is DNA evidence on his clothes. As he was picked up in the laundry mat, I wonder if he was trying to wash bloody clothes he had hidden.

But he had been in jail for many days. Then he was released. Why wash 'bloodied clothing' after the police had him in jail with those clothes? Oh, unless he went back to the barn to retrieve the clothes. But, wouldn't LE have already confiscated the bloodied clothing from the barn?:twocents:

This is really confusing for me.

Solving crime through botany -I found this 3 page article interesting.
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20110212/APN/1102120504?p=1&tc=pg
Published: Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 1:00 a.m.
Last Modified: Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 12:01 a.m.
( page 1 of 3 )

DAVIE, Fla. - They stand silent in a Davie backyard, but police believe they help tell the story of how a retiree was killed and his body parts scattered across South Florida.

The witnesses' names: Schefflera actinophylla, aka the common umbrella tree, and Ligustrum sinese, aka Chinese Privet, a large invasive shrub. A botanist has concluded the two plants outside accused killer Jamie Saffran's house match up with leaves found with severed body parts of Saffran's friend, Warren Danzig.

That evidence could play a role in sending Saffran to prison for life, or maybe to Death Row.

It's just one recent example in a relatively obscure but growing field of detective work: forensic botany, or the use of plants to help solve crimes.

Florida's diverse flora can prove to be a criminal's undoing with leaves, stalks, pollen, grains and twigs all constituting potential evidence. As awareness increases in the law enforcement community of the investigative tools offered by forensic botany, partnerships are being forged between the scientists who devote their lives to studying plants and the police and prosecutors who must delve into the worst humanity has to offer.

"Plants in general are overlooked by most people, let alone people who should be looking for the material," said Barney Lipscomb, a Dallas-area botanist whose expertise has been utilized in Texas criminal cases. "Plants are ubiquitous. It stands to reason any crime could have been committed where plant material can be connected to itnot only outdoor plants, but indoor plants."

It got me thinking about clothing and dog hairs - One might be able to wash away bloodstains, but some dog hair just clings on, no matter what you do !...

I think the perpetrators DNA would be with AG. That's the results I think they got back when they made the arrest.

I would imagine that AG could be very "abrupt" when dealing with people intruding on her personal space. If DLS was hanging around her home and she came out, I would think that she would have made her position regarding his intrusion quite clear.

I think, considering his mental instability, any confrontation with DLS would not go well and might have cost AG her life.

MOO

I think the perpetrators DNA would be with AG. That's the results I think they got back when they made the arrest.
<snip>

Understandable that the DNA would have been at the crime scene. DLS was arrested with a knife Dec 29, and Audrey's body was found the next day. What is difficult to understand is why DNA results were not available until after his release from custody 6 weeks later.

Common sense and logic should have dictated that DLS be considered a suspect in the most horrific murder Hamilton had seen in over a decade. "Rush" DNA results could have been available within 48 hours, not 6 weeks later on February 10.

I suppose there will be an explanation down the road, but right now, it doesn't seem to add up.

JMO

<snip>

Understandable that the DNA would have been at the crime scene. DLS was arrested with a knife Dec 29, and Audrey's body was found the next day. What is difficult to understand is why DNA results were not available until after his release from custody 6 weeks later.

Common sense and logic should have dictated that DLS be considered a suspect in the most horrific murder Hamilton had seen in over a decade. "Rush" DNA results could have been available within 48 hours, not 6 weeks later on February 10.

I suppose there will be an explanation down the road, but right now, it doesn't seem to add up.

JMO

Completely agree.

I wonder if it was a case of "lining up" knife wounds with the actual knife, that took more time than the DNA results.

<snip>

JMO

There have been problems with obtaining DNA test results in the past. I have no idea if this problem has been solved. Here is an article from 2007 that was updated in 2009...

Murders and rapists are left to walk the streets while their DNA samples gather dust on the shelves at Canada's biggest forensics lab, says the federal auditor.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/article753078.ece

I wonder if it was a case of "lining up" knife wounds with the actual knife, that took more time than the DNA results.

I think that would have taken place rather quickly dotr ... Audrey was cremated within a few days of her death.

We don't know that a knife was the weapon involved. There was a possibility it was that saw-like item (IMO, looked like a rechargeable carving knife) that LE found in the ditch and bagged during one of the initial searches.

He may have left DNA at the scene but also wondering what clothes he was washing. As he was homeless he could have stashed cxlothes in many locations, not just the barn. He could have hidden the bloody clothes anywhere only to later retrieve and wash.

He may have left DNA at the scene but also wondering what clothes he was washing. As he was homeless he could have stashed cxlothes in many locations, not just the barn. He could have hidden the bloody clothes anywhere only to later retrieve and wash.

He was in jail for 46 days, he is released and not even 24 hrs pass and he is at the laundry mat....definately makes me think he had something hidden that he needed to wash.

When LE released him from jail, do we know if DLS went directly to the laundry place or was he allowed (meaning not followed by LE) to go elsewhere first.

And if DLS was a suspect, why wasn't LE following his every move?

(Something tells me that in the press conference, Hrab said that DLS was not followed.):maddening:

I remeber it being reported DLS was arrested at Stanley & Colborne St.

Brant County Jail is at 105 Market st

Super Cycle is at 125 Stanley st (2.5 km)

Bubbles at 208 Dalhousie (3 blocks from jail) the Salvation Army is across the St. This is also the closest to Stanley & Colborne st

Wondering if he spent the night at the Salvation Army and it sure doesn't look like he went very far in 24 hours.

I'd post a map but I don't know how to

If I recall correctly, LE said that DLS was a "fixture" in the community. Always hanging around the same places.

If that's the case, wouldn't LE and other street people know DLS fairly well and therefore his whereabouts?

I'm just trying to piece all of this together.:innocent:

He was in jail for 46 days, he is released and not even 24 hrs pass and he is at the laundry mat....definately makes me think he had something hidden that he needed to wash.

Thinking about the "sexual component" to the crime, I was reminded of RW and then my mind went to lingerie collections and laundry mats......
just a thought.

Thinking about the "sexual component" to the crime, I was reminded of RW and then my mind went to lingerie collections and laundry mats......
just a thought.

I'm drawing a blank here - who is RW please. Is it the army guy? I can't think of his name right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni