AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, it is in the affidavit. He tried to withdraw $600 from an ATM at AUSAFCU at 10:13pm 10/28/2012 but it was over the allowable limit so he was denied. Then about an hour later he went to Denali & took out $500.

I thought he tried twice unsuccessfully but that must have been misreported.

Then again, investigators have alot more info than what's been released. Maybe he tried several other times unsuccessfully. I think you can only try 3 or 4 times per day unsuccessfully before the machine eats your card as a security measure.

BBM
Now I am super confused lol. The affidavit says the first denial was 2/28/12. SK disappeared around 8:00pm February 1st. Card was reportedly stolen 2/2/12.

Investigators Say Matanuska Lake Scene Related to Samantha Koenig
By Carolyn Hall Jensen and Chris Klint

Channel 2 News

4:49 PM AKDT, April 2, 2012

ANCHORAGE, Alaska
Advertisement
Click here to find out more!

Investigators say a Matanuska Lake crime scene investigation Monday is related to the abduction of 18-year-old barista Samantha Koenig.

The Anchorage Police Department, Alaska State Troopers and the FBI were at Matanuska Lake, off the Glenn Highway near the Palmer-Wasilla Highway interchange and the Matanuska-Susitna Regional Hospital, since mid-morning Monday. FBI spokesperson Darrin Jones confirmed that authorities were conducting an investigation that was related to Koenig’s Feb. 1 abduction.

Steven Hebbe, APD’s deputy chief of operations, told Channel 2 that officials were following up on leads in the Koenig case, and are searching for evidence.

Access to the lake was blocked off, but several undercover APD vehicles and a U-Haul van that may or may not have been related to the investigation were present.

A wide area was roped off with crime-scene tape, and several marker cones had been placed on the ground.

Koenig has not been seen since the night of Feb. 1, when APD says surveillance video from Common Grounds Espresso shows Koenig being abducted by an armed man. At several points in the investigation, officials have said that they were proceeding under the assumption that Koenig was still alive.

Prior to Monday’s crime-scene investigation, the last major breaks in the case were related to the March arrest in Lufkin, Texas of 34-year-old Israel Keyes, described by APD as “the main player” in the Koenig case, on a federal access-device fraud charge.

Keyes is accused of using a debit card taken from a man’s vehicle on the night of Koenig’s abduction at locations across Anchorage, as well as in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas prior to his arrest. He is being held at the Anchorage Correctional Complex, after U.S. Marshals transferred him from Texas.

Late Friday night, FBI and APD officials seized a large shed from the Turnagain home on Spurr Lane where Keyes lived, which was subsequently taken to the FBI’s Alaska headquarters in Downtown Anchorage for examination over the weekend..

http://www.ktuu.com/news/investigat...ated-to-samantha-koenig-040212,0,442208.story

BBM
Now I am super confused lol. The affidavit says the first denial was 2/28/12. SK disappeared around 8:00pm February 1st. Card was reportedly stolen 2/2/12.

But read the beginning portion my dear. :) The agent writing the affidavit informs he is only releasing info pertinent to the direct matter at hand without releasing everything in order to build the case.

Here's the verbiage I'm referring to:

"I have set forth only the facts that I believe are necessary to establish a foundation to support the aforementioned charges."

So that definitively tells me they have alot more with regards to this card.

But read the beginning portion my dear. :) The agent writing the affidavit informs he is only releasing info pertinent to the direct matter at hand without releasing everything in order to build the case.

Here's the verbiage I'm referring to:

"I have set forth only the facts that I believe are necessary to establish a foundation to support the aforementioned charges."

So that definitively tells me they have alot more with regards to this card.

Oh I agree :) I was just trying to find reference to the date you mentioned.

Omg, Mr. James Koenig - I am praying that God gives you strength.

37 miles

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?ix=seb&q=Matanuska+Lake&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=nlN6T6sX5OeIAveFwCQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=3&ved=0CAwQ_AUoAg"]Matanuska Lake - Google Maps[/ame]

I gave it. It's in the link I supplied for the affidavit in I think the next post. One sec... Ok, here's the cached link. Look on the 3rd page at #6.:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...credit+union+one+anchorage+debit+card&ct=clnk

It doesn't really matter, now I'm sure it was a typo, but you typed 10/28/2012. I am pretty sure you meant 2/28/2012, but I was confused at first and thought you meant 10/28/2011 or 1/28/2012, and couldn't figure out where any of those dates came from.

Aside, in February just about every lake I know of was frozen solid.

APD says a joint press conference with the FBI on Samantha Koenig will be held at APD headquarters at 6:30 p.m.; we'll have a live stream.

http://twitter.com/#!/ch2ktuu

Click the link to follow the twitter feed.

It doesn't really matter, now I'm sure it was a typo, but you typed 10/28/2012. I am pretty sure you meant 2/28/2012, but I was confused at first and thought you meant 10/28/2011 or 1/28/2012, and couldn't figure out where any of those dates came from.

Aside, in February just about every lake I know of was frozen solid.

Holy crap I didn't even realize. I'll have to edit. It's this stupid phone. Hard typing on an iPhone, even with skinny fingers!

Channel 2 News, KTUU.com
APD says a joint press conference with the FBI on Samantha Koenig will be held at APD headquarters at 6:30 p.m.; we'll have a live stream.

Kirsten Swann ‏ @kswannKTVA Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Heading to APD now...joint announcement with FBI about the Koenig kidnapping. They say it will be 3 minutes, no q&a. #searchforsam #ktva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361