Trial - Ross Harris #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's trial video from Friday of RH being interviewed by Cobb County detective Phil Stoddard. He has just been searched and the contents of his pockets have been placed on the table. Watch what he does at 28:20 into the video. That's the Publix receipt from lunch that day. He grabs it off the table and quickly tosses it in the trash behind him, thinking no one will see him. W.T. F.?!
I was on the fence until I watched this video.
https://youtu.be/hqhmfcQOQbU?t=28m

What I also recall is he didn't mention going to HD for lightbulbs and tossing them in the car. He actually hesitated on that part when asked what he did for lunch IIRC and I think I do.. :crazy:

I so wish the jury could do that trip themselves...to me it is a smoking gun. maybe they will do a video.

Along with sitting in Ross' SUV with the same car seat so they can view for themselves if Ross saw Cooper or not..

I thought that's what investigators are for. They investigate those things and testify before the jury. The defense then gets to cross examine the witness's.

Letting the jury do their own investigation doesn't allow for any cross examination. The accused couldn't face his accusers. Sounds like something that could lead to a reversal on any conviction at appeal. JMO

The 6th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution sets out many rights for defendants during a criminal prosecution, including the right of the accused to confront their accusers. The relevant text of the Confrontation Clause of the 6th Amendment reads as follows: In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to be confronted with the witnesses against him.

The confrontation clause guarantees criminal defendants the opportunity to face the prosecution's witnesses in the case against them and dispute the witnesses' testimony. This guarantee applies to both statements made in court and statements made outside of court that are offered as evidence during trial.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-rights/the-6th-amendment-s-confrontation-clause.html

I thought that's what investigators are for. They investigate those things and testify before the jury. The defense then gets to cross examine the witness's.

Letting the jury do their own investigation doesn't allow for any cross examination. The accused couldn't face his accusers. Sounds like something that could lead to a reversal on any conviction at appeal. JMO

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-rights/the-6th-amendment-s-confrontation-clause.html

Interesting Ranch ... but don't juries often take "field trips" to the scene of the (possible) crime to better visualize the evidence? It seems since they moved the trial, these jurors have probably never been through this intersection. Were it held up here, (Cobb County)the majority would realize the significance of the distance.

I do agree about the car seat as they could potentially bring in a mock-up of the interior if they felt it was warranted.

Here's trial video from Friday of RH being interviewed by Cobb County detective Phil Stoddard. He has just been searched and the contents of his pockets have been placed on the table. Watch what he does at 28:20 into the video. That's the Publix receipt from lunch that day. He grabs it off the table and quickly tosses it in the trash behind him, thinking no one will see him. W.T. F.?!

Holy crap! I had to watch it about 4 times - it's subtle. But yes, he grabs something and slides it into the basket. WTF?

Interesting Ranch ... but don't juries often take "field trips" to the scene of the (possible) crime to better visualize the evidence? It seems since they moved the trial, these jurors have probably never been through this intersection. Were it held up here, (Cobb County)the majority would realize the significance of the distance.

I do agree about the car seat as they could potentially bring in a mock-up of the interior if they felt it was warranted.

I don't think that any field trips are warranted in this trial. The state can present evidence about the drive without it. JMO

Holy crap! I had to watch it about 4 times - it's subtle. But yes, he grabs something and slides it into the basket. WTF?

It was the Publix receipt but he told LE he went to Publix for lunch so not sure it means anything ;)

It was the Publix receipt but he told LE he went to Publix for lunch so not sure it means anything ;)

Ah, okay - so he wasn't trying to hide anything? I thought maybe it was the Home Depot receipt.

False alarm I guess. Though I'd like to know why he tried to get rid of that paper. But can you imagine being a juror and going home for the weekend after watching this? Ugh.

Ah, okay - so he wasn't trying to hide anything? I thought maybe it was the Home Depot receipt.

Would an innocent person even attempt something as drastic and stupid as this?????? Really?? Why??
Give me ONE good reason.

So crazy!! Why would he do that though? Hadn't he already said he went there? I would understand if it was the HD receipt since he somehow forgot to mention his lightbulb trip - even though he was able to tell them every other minute detail (specific car seat brand and the weight limit, the way he left CFA, the way he buckled Cooper in and kissed him...).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would an innocent person even attempt something as drastic and stupid as this?????? Really?? Why??
Give me ONE good reason.

I wonder if he thought it was the HD receipt??

Stoddard tried to take something meaningless and make it sound sneaky and hinky. Seems to be his speciality.

RH's pockets had been emptied. There's no reason to think the Publix receipt was anything more significant than a piece of paper trash he'd left in his pocket, and seeing it on the table, instinctively reached for it to toss it.

He trashed it not only in front of Stoddard, but in front of a 2nd detective. There was nothing incriminating on the receipt. Stoddard implied that RH had thrown it away before having to account for what he had done at lunch in order to hide something, similar to Stoddard's certainty that RH forgetting to tell him about the lightbulbs was purposeful.

Smoke and mirrors, and revealing about Stoddard's mindset.

Ross Harris is a pudgy, dough boy.
He is not wealthy, and he is strapped with a wife and child.
What on earth made these 15 year olds and older go for him?
Seriously, one wanted to come over and preform fellato on him at 5:30 in the morning?
For the day?????

An admittedly married man with a two year old child?

I can see this building up his immature ego.

Ross was so into the possibilites with new sexual partners that he put EVERY thing at risk.

His marriage, his job, and his son's life.

For years, he'd been living a double life, of lies.
He was willing to lie to everyone, whilst he spent his days and night obsessing about future trysts.

In my opinion, Ross Harris is a very sick man.

I also think that he somehow partner upped with a very sick and weak woman.

Thus, the tragic death of little Cooper Harris.

This case is so disturbing to me.

The pretense of a happy loving Father and Husband, while the whole time he was committing tons of time looking for sexual hook ups with anyone.

15 YEAR olds included.

I really don't give a hoot about LeAnnes testimony.

I personally think that she has the IQ of a slug.

This is completely My take on the death of baby Cooper Harris.
May he rest in peace.

That is why he is not charged with 1st degree murder. He is charged with felony murder, which means that he caused a death during the commission of a felony (2nd degree child cruelty and IIRC, the sexting with a minor.) The state does not have to prove malice or intent, just that RH committed the felony of child cruelty. The fact that Cooper died during the commission of the felony is what makes it felony murder.

He is also charged with intentional murder. The sentences are the same for malice murder and felony murder.

When this incident happened, there was no "first degree" or "second degree" murder. The law was changed very soon after this event - now felony murder predicated on 2nd degree child cruelty is 2nd degree murder and carries a shorter potential sentence than regular murder.

Stoddard tried to take something meaningless and make it sound sneaky and hinky. Seems to be his speciality.

RH's pockets had been emptied. There's no reason to think the Publix receipt was anything more significant than a piece of paper trash he'd left in his pocket, and seeing it on the table, instinctively reached for it to toss it.

He trashed it not only in front of Stoddard, but in front of a 2nd detective. There was nothing incriminating on the receipt. Stoddard implied that RH had thrown it away before having to account for what he had done at lunch in order to hide something, similar to Stoddard's certainty that RH forgetting to tell him about the lightbulbs was purposeful.

Smoke and mirrors, and revealing about Stoddard's mindset.

BBM

It doesn't make any difference what was on that piece of paper. He deliberately tried to hide it from the investigators. IMO that was tampering with evidence. A risky and stupid choice that an innocent person would NEVER make given the circumstances. :mad:
That moment totality changed my mind in this case.

YES. That was really odd behavior. He was trying to hide that he bought bulbs and placed them in the car?

ETA___opps, it was the Public receipt. So not as much of an impact. But still odd that he would toss anything from the table that had been put there by LE.

Sheez Loueez, I just watched the interview with RH and then him and Leanne together. She was a cold and calm as ever.

Sorry, I don't understand how anyone could not be wailing over the death of their baby so I don't understand this woman at all.

RH looked genuinely sad and remorseful to me. She didn't even stammer.

Creepy.

If Leanna is a committed Christian (which I think she says she is?) adultery is the only permissible reason for divorce if she ever wants to remarry. Any other grounds (unreasonable behaviour etc) would not allow her to remarry in the eyes of God. I wonder if she tried for a long time to reconcile with JRH before realising his deceitful behaviour was just too hard to forgive.

My own opinion of course based on my Bible knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member