Searching For Anna - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received an email today from Detective Jim Gilletti that he was still assigned to Anna's case though he is no longer working with the Missing Persons Department. This is good news because he is familiar with the case and is a good guy who seems to care.

He also stated that he had received a letter from Annasmom's congresswoman's office and was working to obtain Anna's passport records. Between his requesting the info and the the congresswoman applying gentle pressure on the State Department, hopefully we will obtain the records that we seek.

As I look back on 2008, I think this is the best news I've heard all year!

thats exciting its good to hear that someone who is not assigned to her case still cares hopefully we will get some news on the passport's we are seeking whatever that may be

I not sure if I've ever posted on this thread before, but I wanted to tell all of you that I think what you are doing to help Anna's Mom is wonderful! I can't even imagine what you have been going through for the past 30+ years!

In January 2008, my mom and I took a trip out to Northern Cali. On our last day, we decided we'd just drive around and see what we could see. We started driving down the coast from San Francisco and ended up in Half Moon Bay. When we got there, I started telling my mom Anna's story. We talked about it as we drove for about the next 3 hours. She continues to ask me if there are any new developments.

I have just ordered the book and will be sure that it gets passed on to others to read of this intriguing journey you have been on.

A few pages back, I saw a post about someone mentioning about putting up a billboard? I used to work in the billboard industry for a national company. Locally in Minnesota, we have 4 missing young persons and we put up billboards for them for free. As of this date, only 1 of those 4 has still not been found. His billboard would still be up for all to see, however 3 of the 4 persons were male college students and all of their photos were on the same billboard, so after 2 of the 3 were found, we were asked to have it removed.

I know the company I worked for has done this in other areas (as it's a national billboard company), so please let me know if I can be of help to get telephone numbers/contact names of people in your local area to see if they'll help.

Best of luck in your search and thanks to all the wonderful searchers for their hard work!

I'm hoping 2009 is the year you finally find the answers you've been searching for.

Paula

I not sure if I've ever posted on this thread before, but I wanted to tell all of you that I think what you are doing to help Anna's Mom is wonderful! I can't even imagine what you have been going through for the past 30+ years!

In January 2008, my mom and I took a trip out to Northern Cali. On our last day, we decided we'd just drive around and see what we could see. We started driving down the coast from San Francisco and ended up in Half Moon Bay. When we got there, I started telling my mom Anna's story. We talked about it as we drove for about the next 3 hours. She continues to ask me if there are any new developments.

I have just ordered the book and will be sure that it gets passed on to others to read of this intriguing journey you have been on.

A few pages back, I saw a post about someone mentioning about putting up a billboard? I used to work in the billboard industry for a national company. Locally in Minnesota, we have 4 missing young persons and we put up billboards for them for free. As of this date, only 1 of those 4 has still not been found. His billboard would still be up for all to see, however 3 of the 4 persons were male college students and all of their photos were on the same billboard, so after 2 of the 3 were found, we were asked to have it removed.

I know the company I worked for has done this in other areas (as it's a national billboard company), so please let me know if I can be of help to get telephone numbers/contact names of people in your local area to see if they'll help.

Best of luck in your search and thanks to all the wonderful searchers for their hard work!

I'm hoping 2009 is the year you finally find the answers you've been searching for.

Paula

Hi Paula and welcome to Anna's forum! I had contacted a company in California about billboards and other forms of advertising awhile back ago. If I remember, the price of one billboard on a main highway was around $10,000-$20,000/mo. A billboard off the main highway on heavy traveled routes were about $1500/mo. They also offered for less money to put advertising on buses or taxi's for around $500/mo. This was still out of our league and did not go any farther with it. I would still love to be able to explore any possibilities with your help. I noticed a couple weeks ago while driving down I-75 and I-71 in Kentucky there were so many empty billboards. I assumed it was the economy and businesses cutting back on advertising.

Both Anna's brothers and their children have been here for the holidays, and yesterday we took a drive down Higgins Canyon Road and Purisima Creek Road past the old house and went for a walk in what used to be Hatch Woods which is now the Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve. Annasbro noted that the singer who now owns the ranch where we lived has BOUGHT Bald Mountain so that the trails do not go all the way up any more. Coming back, one of the kids and one of the brothers walked all the way, about two miles, along the rocky side of the creek bed, next to the water. Annasbro remarked that it was hard to believe that this beautiful clear shallow water could be the subject of so much dread and speculation. He showed us the places where he and Joe Ford used to fish for trout. It was a beautiful walk.

I want to thank all of you for your New Year's wishes and to send you our own, along with our heartfelt thanks for all your concern and help.:blowkiss:

Hi Paula and welcome to Anna's forum! I had contacted a company in California about billboards and other forms of advertising awhile back ago. If I remember, the price of one billboard on a main highway was around $10,000-$20,000/mo. A billboard off the main highway on heavy traveled routes were about $1500/mo. They also offered for less money to put advertising on buses or taxi's for around $500/mo. This was still out of our league and did not go any farther with it. I would still love to be able to explore any possibilities with your help. I noticed a couple weeks ago while driving down I-75 and I-71 in Kentucky there were so many empty billboards. I assumed it was the economy and businesses cutting back on advertising.

Hi Sherlock! I just sent you a PM with the info for the local office of the company I used to work for.

In my old local office here in Minnesota, it's still going ok. I do see empty boards from time to time here because they are changing out the faces (everything but the pole) of the billboards - retrofitting them. They started this process back when I still worked there and I've been gone for 3 1/2 years! If they next client isn't ready to go up on the board, they just leave it empty. I prefer they would put something from the Ad Council or the Red Cross or something, as those posters were always provided free from those companies.

Please don't hesitate to holler my way if you think I may be able to help out in any way.

Paula

Hi Sherlock! I just sent you a PM with the info for the local office of the company I used to work for.

In my old local office here in Minnesota, it's still going ok. I do see empty boards from time to time here because they are changing out the faces (everything but the pole) of the billboards - retrofitting them. They started this process back when I still worked there and I've been gone for 3 1/2 years! If they next client isn't ready to go up on the board, they just leave it empty. I prefer they would put something from the Ad Council or the Red Cross or something, as those posters were always provided free from those companies.

Please don't hesitate to holler my way if you think I may be able to help out in any way.

Paula

Thank you Paula, I did receive your information. Just waiting a couple hours for the west coast to wake up!

Is there anyone who watches the TV series "24"? My son asked me to record last Sunday's show on the DVR. I watched it the other nite for the first time. About 1 hour and 20 minutes into the 2 hour show, there is a woman who resembles Anna. The woman is a spokesperson for the White House named "Angela". The remarkable mole below her right eye is what caught my attention. Does anyone know her real name?

Is there anyone who watches the TV series "24"? My son asked me to record last Sunday's show on the DVR. I watched it the other nite for the first time. About 1 hour and 20 minutes into the 2 hour show, there is a woman who resembles Anna. The woman is a spokesperson for the White House named "Angela". The remarkable mole below her right eye is what caught my attention. Does anyone know her real name?

See if the roll the credits at the end of the show. it might list her there. I might have to watch on line when I get home from work

Websleuthers: Tomorrow is the 37th anniversary of the day Anna disappeared.

We have not forgotten. Every time I look at the stars or the moon, I know Anna sees those same stars, that same sun or moon from somewhere across the globe.

Today there is a kindergartner, who tugs on his mama's shirt wanting her to tell Anna's story..... To an assistant Kindgergartner teacher a bit older than Annas mom who still plants her feet at school, and still teaches holding her students interest....

Today this mama will send that teacher 'Searching For Anna'.... in the hopes that maybe.... not only will we find Anna, but Kindgergarten teachers far away might know their young students don't just learn about Adam Walsh but learn of Anna..... and how a mother two brothers and step dad named Joe, along with a world of Websleuthers pray for the day Anna is reunited with her family.

Especially today but not unlike any other, Anna and her family are in our prayers.

Cubby and J'

Thinking of Anna today, we can all see the same sun in the sky, Anna look up, we're here for you, calling your name.
May the universe keep you warm wherever you are.

LOVE

Her name is Lesley Fera. Her age is listed as 37. She does have the birthmark but looks to me more like Mariska Hargitay. She's been in CSI:Miami, Cold Case, ER and Numbers.
I'm still lurking here even though I don't have anything new to offer. So much of the old information on here is gone. It's still a great site! I hope this is the year that Anna is found.

Her name is Lesley Fera. Her age is listed as 37. She does have the birthmark but looks to me more like Mariska Hargitay. She's been in CSI:Miami, Cold Case, ER and Numbers.
I'm still lurking here even though I don't have anything new to offer. So much of the old information on here is gone. It's still a great site! I hope this is the year that Anna is found.

Jenny, thank you! Not sure if we are allowed to post a picture of Lesley for comparision, but anyone could google image her name. Does anyone else see any resemblence?

Paula

This billboard company no longer owns any boards in the bay area. He gave the the name and number to the owner of some boards in HMB. Most times they will donate a board for a cause, but the materials will have to be paid by the requestor. A ballpark estimate for materials for a billboard 10'x12' is about $250, unless we find a printer who will donate their services. The question now is do we want to continue on this path?

This is interesting. Lesley Fera played the role of a girl named Anna in 2001.

If Eugene O’Neill’s “Anna Christie” were simply the story of a fallen woman made clean by a new love, it might not have inspired two films and numerous stage revivals, including a 1995 Broadway staging and, most recently, director Gar Campbell’s production at the Pacific Resident Theatre.
As Campbell’s design team understands, the constant proximity of the sea and all its attendant weather in O’Neill’s text lends an almost mythical significance to the machinations of three people on a coal barge, as they struggle toward a temporary happiness.
The title character is a young woman raised by cruel relatives after the death of her mother and finally forced into a life of prostitution. Reunited with her seafaring father, Christopher Christopherson (William Lithgow), after a 15-year estrangement, Anna (Lesley Fera) must reconcile her categorical hatred of men with her need to belong. Kind but childlike, Chris welcomes Anna but would rather not know about her past — much less take the blame for having abandoned her.
In his eyes, all blame is due to “dat ole davil sea.” And the past might indeed have been buried if not for the arrival, by row boat, of shipwrecked stoker Mat Burke (Matt McKenzie), who falls in love with Anna and, in his zeal to marry her, forces a confession.
Fera is a stunning Anna in every incarnation, from the frightened, weary girl who arrives in New York, to a heartened young woman aboard her father’s coal barge, to a woman enraged by another attempt to cage her. With deft direction by Campbell, Fera and Lithgow do a beautiful job of crafting the relationship between Anna and Chris, one of embarrassed tenderness, resentment (on Anna’s part), and deep need, in which the roles of parent and child constantly shift. Matt McKenzie’s good-humored, passionate Mat is a joy to watch, though his fire doesn’t always fix itself on Fera, and the chemistry between the two is intermittent.
Bonnie Bowers gives a memorable performance as Marthy Owen, the hard but compassionate girlfriend with whom Chris sheepishly parts to make room for Anna. All of the actors do admirable jobs with their dialects, none of which are shared.
Scenic designer David Dionisio’s simple, attractive set converts effectively from pub to barge to cabin (though the decision to have actors move props was fairly jarring). The effect wouldn’t be complete, however, without Victoria Profitt’s scenic art design, Keith Endo’s lighting and Kevin Rahm’s evocative sound. This team seizes on every bit of weather, every time-of-day reference to create a fateful, larger-than life context for the drama. Just as O’Neill imagined, a “dense fog shrouds the barge on all sides” at the opening of Act II. Waves lap the sides of the vessel. Clouds painted on the walls are lit in pink tufts in Act III, becoming one luminous fog in Act IV. Seagulls scream at the top of Act III, an excellent touch by Rahm. Thus the sea in all of its powerful guises serves to dwarf the three seafarers, at once lending poignance to their labors.
“Anna Christie” at the Pacific Resident Theatre, 703 Venice Blvd., Venice. Thurs.-Sat. 8 p.m. Sun. 3 p.m. through March 10. $20-$23.50. (310) 822-8392.

This billboard company no longer owns any boards in the bay area. He gave the the name and number to the owner of some boards in HMB. Most times they will donate a board for a cause, but the materials will have to be paid by the requestor. A ballpark estimate for materials for a billboard 10'x12' is about $250, unless we find a printer who will donate their services. The question now is do we want to continue on this path?
I appreciate the research and thought which has gone into this idea, but I think everyone in Half Moon Bay is VERY familiar with the case, and it would be awfully difficult for me to drive down the coast highway and see a big picture of Anna up there on the only billboard I know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain