TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another observation.

The neighbour heard a scream or screams coming from the Bobo home but yet he didn't go investigate and goes off to work. He told his mom about it who later was told by the secretary at Karen's school to go check the Bobo home. Mom wasn't alarmed enough either. She had to be told to go check.

But then within minutes of Karen finding out about Holly, perhaps a hundred people show up at the Bobo home.

What was it that alarmed all these other folks to rush over there but not the one who heard the initial scream (s)?

I wonder if Holly is the type of girl who would say something if she saw someone on her property who wasn't supposed to be there. In other words, if she saw someone hunting on the Bobo property without permission would she yell out and say "hey, get off my property" or would she just go on and not pay any attention?

Another good question. I was surprised to read in an article that she was actually very shy and a real homebody. I guess that I expected with her stellar beauty and from seeing her many pictures that she was much more outgoing and social. That being said, I don't think anyone but those closest to her could predict what she would have done in these circumstances.

LE and the family (dad) have been quoted as saying they felt the perp was someone close to Holly who would have known his way around the area and known her schedule and her family's schedule. IMO, if that is the case then the perp would have thought Clint was not home and would explain the "casual" attitude.

It also brings to question what if the perp heard Clint or the dog barking? Is that why he walked into the woods with Holly as an escape route? If he didn't hear Clint or the dog, where would he have gone with her? Would he have taken her in her vehicle? In other words, was taking Holly into the woods as a result of panic or was it planned and he had his own "vehicle" somewhere on another road. I put " " for vehicle because he could have had a four wheeler and not necessarily a car.

If Clint wasn't home, he would have had a lot more time with his plan whatever that was.

:moo:

We know from Clint's account that the dog (which dog--the inside or outside or both, we do not know) woke him barking. I may be reading too much into it, but I think the dog probably would have had to be barking in a continuous or frantic way to wake Clint, since his door was shut. Still, if the perp was not expecting anyone else to be there, the dog would have been of no consequence. A yappy house dog, sealed in the house, is no threat--just a nuisance. The house is so isolated that I also doubt the kidnapper would worry about a barking outside dog attracting any attention.

No one has answered my question on this, but I am betting from seeing the picture of the attached garage, that there was no door going directly from the house into it. I know that will be a controversial statement, but i cannot figure out where a door would be. The door in the kitchen that used to go to the other garage was on the opposite side of the room from this add-on garage. The best I can figure, you had to go out the kitchen door that went to the deck, and then turn left into the little breezeway to enter the garage. From the interior interviews posted in the media, you can see one door exiting out near where the pool sits, and then there is a small kitchen window to the left of the paned kitchen door. My bet is that you might be able to look out the kitchen window and see part of the garage-- the part where Holly and the camo man were seen crouching or sitting on the floor when Clint looked out. I doubt the perp heard Clint in the house, since the garage has its own walls of steel, and then there are the outer walls of the house. Unless Clint called out to Holly, which is not recorded as having happened, I really doubt the abductor ever knew he was there.

Clint could have even unknowingly been in danger had he revealed himself. It is likely the abductor had a weapon, and he might have used it on Clint to be able to take Holly without leaving a witness. It would seem that fate kept the Bobo's from losing both children that day, possibly! Based on the information we have, I don't think that Clint perceived any danger, and hence, there was no reason to interject himself into what he thought was a normal conversation between boyfriend and girlfriend.

Of course, this is all conjecture, and JMHO.

We know from Clint's account that the dog (which dog--the inside or outside or both, we do not know) woke him barking. I may be reading too much into it, but I think the dog probably would have had to be barking in a continuous or frantic way to wake Clint, since his door was shut. Still, if the perp was not expecting anyone else to be there, the dog would have been of no consequence. A yappy house dog, sealed in the house, is no threat--just a nuisance. The house is so isolated that I also doubt the kidnapper would worry about a barking outside dog attracting any attention.

No one has answered my question on this, but I am betting from seeing the picture of the attached garage, that there was no door going directly from the house into it. I know that will be a controversial statement, but i cannot figure out where a door would be. The door in the kitchen that used to go to the other garage was on the opposite side of the room from this add-on garage. The best I can figure, you had to go out the kitchen door that went to the deck, and then turn left into the little breezeway to enter the garage. From the interior interviews posted in the media, you can see one door exiting out near where the pool sits, and then there is a small kitchen window to the left of the paned kitchen door. My bet is that you might be able to look out the kitchen window and see part of the garage-- the part where Holly and the camo man were seen crouching or sitting on the floor when Clint looked out. I doubt the perp heard Clint in the house, since the garage has its own walls of steel, and then there are the outer walls of the house. Unless Clint called out to Holly, which is not recorded as having happened, I really doubt the abductor ever knew he was there.

Clint could have even unknowingly been in danger had he revealed himself. It is likely the abductor had a weapon, and he might have used it on Clint to be able to take Holly without leaving a witness. It would seem that fate kept the Bobo's from losing both children that day, possibly! Based on the information we have, I don't think that Clint perceived any danger, and hence, there was no reason to interject himself into what he thought was a normal conversation between boyfriend and girlfriend.

Of course, this is all conjecture, and JMHO.

Good point about the house dog. You're right. If we assume the perp knew the Bobo had a small dog and knew Clint wasn't home, the dog wasn't a threat because in his mind nobody was home. However, if the perp didn't know nobody was home (a stranger abduction), perhaps the dog would have been a threat by waking or alerting others inside. hmmmmmm

I agree with you that I don't think there is a door connecting the house to the garage. IIRC, Clint saw them through a window....which window, I'm not sure.

I went back and listened to some early interviews. One thing caught my ear about the blood. Deputy Wilbanks said in his interview that the agent with the TBI had confirmed that there was some blood found "outside the door." I would think that he might have seen this area they were referring to first hand, if he is one of the deputies that showed up the day she was abducted.

Here is the link: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/t/video/search-underway-tennessee-woman-13389410

My question: do you think that means that the blood WAS indeed found outside the garage on the gravel rather than inside on a concrete garage floor?

What exactly do you think "outside the door" means? Which door?

Since that is an ABC link, it is hard to say. It could mean simply "outdoors". ABC is not often especially accurate in reporting crime cases. In most cases, it almost seems that the local media is better at details, although I would not hold this case up for an example. I thought the blood was found in the garage, initially, or wherever they were looking at the "turkey".

Another good question. I was surprised to read in an article that she was actually very shy and a real homebody. I guess that I expected with her stellar beauty and from seeing her many pictures that she was much more outgoing and social. That being said, I don't think anyone but those closest to her could predict what she would have done in these circumstances.

Right. I don't expect any of us could answer that question. I was just throwing out some thoughts regarding known or stranger kidnapper. If for example Holly had yelled out to the hunter, perhaps that was enough to anger him and have him walk over there to confront her which would explain Clint hearing voices.

Didn't Clint say to JVM that it was a small puddle?

I don't know if it was on JVM but in researching this morning, The Tennesean described it as a pool of blood. Unfortunately, the article is no longer available when going to their site and they only keep archives for 30 or 60 days (I can't remember). However there is a blog that quotes the entire article. I don't think I can quote the blog so if anybody wants to see the article, do a google search of "pool of blood, Holly Bobo, The Tennesean" and you will find it.

HTH

Or perhaps the Decauter Co. coon hunt had many folks (both local and non-local) in the area at the time; many of whom were communicating with one another in many different ways- phone calls, text messages, email, face to face, etc.

bump for those who would find this a helpful explanation as to why so many may have known about what happened with Holly...

Good thoughts! I don't think I have seen another case in a very long time where so many things that supposedly happened defy logic! ......he marched a girl wearing only light clothing and flip flops off into dense brush in 40 degree temperatures, signifying to me that other transportation was waiting, or he didn't plan to keep her alive long enough for the temperature to matter to her.

JMHO, as always

Snipped...BBM

Confused..and I am just starting to read more in depth on these threads...but, is what she was wearing described by her brother, obviously? If she was truly on her way to her car to leave for nursing/cna classes, she would be wearing nursing shoes. They are required. If this has already been addressed, I apologize. Just sounded strange and didn't fit..

Since that is an ABC link, it is hard to say. It could mean simply "outdoors". ABC is not often especially accurate in reporting crime cases. In most cases, it almost seems that the local media is better at details, although I would not hold this case up for an example. I thought the blood was found in the garage, initially, or wherever they were looking at the "turkey".

Yes it was the garage.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So where did you find the blood?

C. BOBO: It was in the garage, under where I saw the silhouette of them kneeled down in the garage.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/04/ijvm.01.html

Thanks ~n/t~! Another poster mentioned her backpack, which may have held all her items that eventually turned up. That makes sense.

Could be. Nothing was ever said about a backpack only a lunchbox/bag/pail but I suppose she had to have her books and papers in some sort of bag.

If she did, I wonder if it was found along with other items?

Seemingly the ONLY blood discovered were a few drops in the garage, not pools and puddles as was later expanded by the media. Clint saw the blood in the area where he saw silhouettes kneeling down and assumed at the time it was blood from a turkey that had been shot.
....""When I walked out the back door, I saw a small puddle of blood, and I still wasn't alarmed because who I thought was her boyfriend was dressed in camo," Clint said. "I thought, 'He's killed a turkey up here on this trail behind the house and brought it to the house to show Holly before she goes to school.'"...

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...econstruct-time-before-holly-bobo-s-abduction

Does anyone know what type of nursing Holly was studying. I never heard of a nursing student, RN or LVN, going to class only two days a week. Is it certain that she only went to classes two days as previously posted?

Puddle of blood is very worrisome. If she was fully clothed, that means some part of her that wasn't clothed was bleeding. If not then there is a pretty large wound to go through clothing and leave a puddle. I can't think of a time when I got cut that I left a puddle. It is serious, in my opinion.

IIRC, there was blood splatter on the lawn also. I recall them talking about the blades of grass had droplets on them. Of course, they didn't say where but used the term lawn. I pictured that out front but from all the postings, it appears they never used the front of the house.

I also recall Karen saying no one used to lock the doors of the house or their cars. What would stop a brazen perp from walking into the house or hiding in one of the cars? He may have been hiding in her car and when she approached it, he leaped out and that is what caused the scream.

This is a video interview, and the deputy tells the story in his own words. I assume, and maybe someone can verify this, that this deputy was one of the people on the scene on day 1. I believe he saw it with his own eyes, and the TBI had verified it, essentially giving him permission to tell where the blood was found. I believe that some of the most pure information was in some of these early interviews, where things had not been told and retold, skewing the facts a little more with each re-telling.

One main reason I think the placement of the blood is important is because it could tell us where Holly came in contact with the perp. Some have mentioned that the interior was really tight in that garage. Also, I think that if her blood spilled on the ground, some of it would tend to be soaked up by the earth, making it more of a serious thing that it was noticed at all. There had to be enough to catch Clint's attention, and that could mean she bled more. If it's on the garage floor, she could have been getting in the car when accosted, and it would not take as much to make even a small pool of blood. Perhaps it was a survivable wound.

Injuring her immediately may certainly have inspired her to cooperate with him as he led her away.

It is hard for me to believe that this was the first attempt of this perp-he has sucessfully concealed Holly for all of this time and he made off with her when there was a reasonable possibility that people were going to be around to witness it. At least that is how I see it.

Does anyone know what type of nursing Holly was studying. I never heard of a nursing student, RN or LVN, going to class only two days a week. Is it certain that she only went to classes two days as previously posted?

If you go back to some of the early threads here--the very first ones-- there are discussions and links about her schooling. It was said she was becoming a CNA or an LPN. I read both. She was apparently already doing her practical work in hospitals, which could explain only going to the college a couple of days a week.

The day she disappeared was a test day. I'm not sure that nursing attire was required on test days.

Someone even suggested that there would be certain medical people that might be privy to her complete schedule, allowing them to know when she'd be coming and going. School people might have her schedule too, for that matter.

Go back to the early articles. If they are no longer up, you can sometimes still find them by Googling the series of numbers at the end of the link.

I am very familiar with nursing curriculum and out here that would be likely be a nursing asst...but I think they even attend more classes than X2 a week. Each state runs things differently.

Puddle of blood is very worrisome. If she was fully clothed, that means some part of her that wasn't clothed was bleeding. If not then there is a pretty large wound to go through clothing and leave a puddle. I can't think of a time when I got cut that I left a puddle. It is serious, in my opinion.

IIRC, there was blood splatter on the lawn also. I recall them talking about the blades of grass had droplets on them. Of course, they didn't say where but used the term lawn. I pictured that out front but from all the postings, it appears they never used the front of the house.

I also recall Karen saying no one used to lock the doors of the house or their cars. What would stop a brazen perp from walking into the house or hiding in one of the cars? He may have been hiding in her car and when she approached it, he leaped out and that is what caused the scream.

I had thought about that-- the lack of locking. Here in TN, we are pretty trusting folks, unless living in a high crime area has made us scared. I've believed the scream either happened because she was wounded suddenly, grabbed from behind, or startled. I think the scream could be what set the dog off, as there was no vehicle driven up to the house.

If the scream happened at about 7:40, that would fit with the male neighbor leaving for work about that time to reasonably get to an 8:00 job nearby--seems people on this road needed about 10 minutes to get to town. Male neighbor didn't have time to stop and check out what could have been horseplay between friendly people, so he left it to his mother to check on things, just in case. I think Holly was just outside the garage when she screamed, and her voice carried across the way to where he was leaving for work.

jMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member