Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I think I get it now.

Funny you mention trash bags. I marched in the BR with a handful determined to get rid of junk. I just started saying while grabbing......Nope it's gotta go......this is nuts! I have three bags full and a ton more clothes to go through. I really hate this. Hey, I think that's so cool being an artist. One of my closest friends in Santa Fe is a professional artist. Oils and bronze work is her speciality. Beautiful stuff. Her work sells for thousands. What is your specialty? I'm sort of an artist in my own right. Only thing......I don't get paid. I do wood craft and give most of it away. I can't say no when someone asks for something. But am very flattered that folks like my stuff. It's a good feeling. I also dabble with poetry. Not paid. I have to tell you something funny. When we were talking about CS spitting for the camera; there was something about Liz's post (403) that just tickled me. I don't know what it was...the way she said it...imagining her as she wrote it...I don't know. It was just one of those simple moments we get for unknown reasons. Anyway, I had a poetic mind dump like you wouldn't believe. I wasn't sure it would be appropriate to post it here. It is clean.
I have friends in Santa Fe, too. One of my fav places on earth! The point I was trying to make is...just let it go and reclaim the space as your own.

I prefer oils, but I work in many mediums. Funny...my fav piece was from bark. LOL

Uhm...we should continue conversations in pms as not to bore others. Thanks!

I could not agree more!!!! :clap: What could be more in the BEST INTEREST of Lisa's children than to find out what really happened to their mother? Yes, it will be difficult. Yes, it will be traumatic. Yes, it will be intimidating. BUT...at their age...they can handle it and they WANT to help! They WANT plus DESERVE to know! If *cough* their father had a hand in it...they NEED to know! THIS IS IN THEIR BEST INTEREST!

I don't know why they are hedging on the Grand Jury at this point...other than they really are waiting on more evidence. The perp *coughcs* didn't leave much to take to a GJ. You DO have to possess a case which the GJ will accept.

Even though I suggest they subpeana the kids before the GJ, I understand the hesitation. It is very risky because if the kids are scared of CS and know that saying anything could really make their life miserable, they may clam up. LE may only have one shot using the subpeana and CS knows it. If he allowed them to question them at an advocacy center, LE could learn what they could, then plan a strategy for the GJ, essentially giving them two shots.

Having said that, if LE is convinced that this is the only way to talk to the kids, they need to do it asap. JMO

Hey, close observer, you have indicated previously that you are really close - in fact, I read from your posting that you're probably too close for comfort. Did I read between the lines correctly? Not trying to get you to say how close - I wouldn't either, if I were you. But, if you're that close, perhaps you have an opinion based on observations that you made even before this all came down? If you do, would you share it anonymously? Just curious.

I agree it would be nice to see him sweat. While it's true that one is innocent until proven guilty, my bet is that the court is going to have one heck of a time trying to find jurors that haven't got an opinion on this one!

I really, truly hope that, for the family's sake, this one gets solved. Also, for the neighbors and friends. I'm close, too, but probably not as close as closeobserver.

Been trying to decide how to respond to this, not ignoring you. I don't feel I have anything to add regarding my experiences before Lisa's disappearance that would be of any value to the case. Therefore, I'll leave my personal feelings out and only discuss my feelings based on circumstances surrounding this case. How's that for a political answer?

Been trying to decide how to respond to this, not ignoring you. I don't feel I have anything to add regarding my experiences before Lisa's disappearance that would be of any value to the case. Therefore, I'll leave my personal feelings out and only discuss my feelings based on circumstances surrounding this case. How's that for a political answer?

Sounds like the "politically correct" way to go. Sigh - this case is getting me down. I just wish there'd be some resolution. It's just hard to believe there isn't some hard evidence somewhere, or a witness that can attest as to where Lisa went and with whom.

Sounds like the "politically correct" way to go. Sigh - this case is getting me down. I just wish there'd be some resolution. It's just hard to believe there isn't some hard evidence somewhere, or a witness that can attest as to where Lisa went and with whom.
This would either be CS himself or the children who are the only witnesses to attest as to where Lisa went and with whom, IMO. The hard evidence won't be found until they find Lisa. :twocents:

You’re not alone in saying “this case is getting me down”. I think this is the general feeling among all (including myself) that have been following this case. There’s been an eerie silence at many of the forums. I lurked them out of curiosity. Even VoyForum is relatively quiet, smut included. The FLS support page messages have dwindled to an average three over the last two days, and only one at this writing. And, not very many were posted on the previous couple of days. With the investigation being at somewhat of a stalemate (at least in public eye), it’s difficult to say anything. I don’t know how many here post at FLS, but it could sure use a boost.

I'm in total agreeance with SS'ing's reply to you. As frustrating as it is now, I try to take comfort in knowing that CS’s days are numbered in “using” the children as his own personal pawns. And, you can bet LE is busy getting all their ducks in a row in preparation for a grand jury investigation. They’ll probably only get one shot, and have to make it good. It really p****s me off knowing CS is willing to subject the children to that. Albeit they're at an age where they can handle it; it will still be an emotional and frightening experience all the same. Well, we’re talking about CS here. I liken his mentality to a present day group whom I like to refer to as the “me first” society. “What’s in it for “me”? “What about “me”? “What can you do for “me”? “Woe is "me”...etc…etc…etc. Bottom line and no secret: He cares nothing about his own kids or anyone’s feelings. Like I said before, CS has his own selfish agenda. Why should his kids feel good?

wow sounds like everyone is getting frustrated....I heve been walking the parks near silver springs....I still believe that not only cs is involved. I believe that there is a strong possibility that Lisa is up north. I will keep tracking down here though. We must hold on to hope. In the end good will triumph. This case is just in a valley right now. Soon it will peak!

wow sounds like everyone is getting frustrated....I heve been walking the parks near silver springs....I still believe that not only cs is involved. I believe that there is a strong possibility that Lisa is up north. I will keep tracking down here though. We must hold on to hope. In the end good will triumph. This case is just in a valley right now. Soon it will peak!

Ocean, I agree, I think there is an accomplice (CS's dad?) and Lisa is up in the northwoods somewhere, probably in one of those many mines. Not a pretty thought, but at this stage, it's one of the only ones that comes to mind. I hope I'm wrong about this.

Lisa too
I believe you are right. I wish I was a neighbor up there....it would be great to be able to hike those woods. I believe that the truth will come out soon. LE is sharp on this one.....

I'm so disappointed that there is no arrest yet and CS still has the children. I find that so scary.

May the angels watch over them and keep them safe.

Salem

Just read on the FLS website the yard sale raised $2000 over the weekend......

Just read on the FLS website the yard sale raised $2000 over the weekend......

I can't get excited about this. The fact is if nobody came forward for $60,000, $62,000 isn't going to force anyone to remember anything new. If, as many suggested, Lisa was killed in her home, stashed, and later moved in the middle of the night, it is very likely that nobody saw or heard anything. That leaves finding her up to chance, which is very unlikely at that point.

As I see it, the money is only going to be good for Craig because now he won't have to fork out any money for their college tuition. Raising money, in my opinion, while it is very thoughtful of volunteers to do this (and I mean no disrespect to their great intentions), is a waste of time and effort.

On the other hand, I don't know what can be done at this point. It seems that there is no new information to be had.

I hate to say it, but I'm beginning to believe that there will be no closure. The evidence has been carefully disposed of and enough doubt has been raised due to a possible boyfriend, workout partner, random abduction, etc., that no jury would see "guilty beyond resonable doubt".

People keep stating that LE has more evidence than we know. But they obviously don't have enough or they wouldn't be sitting on their hands.

The only hope I cling on to is I think it took 5 months before the arrested Scott Peterson. This has been less than 3. I sure hope I'm wrong.

in re. to close observer.. money talks BS walks....childish or?????I believe that cs can keep a secret, and if he is the only one involved then well....the money is worthless in that manner of thought. However one day when Lisa's children look back they will see that a community of strangers cared about them and their family.....the whole world is not like cs.
That is what the volunteers are working at. Never giving up HOPE. I believe the family needs to hear that messege also

in re. to close observer.. money talks BS walks....childish or?????I believe that cs can keep a secret, and if he is the only one involved then well....the money is worthless in that manner of thought. However one day when Lisa's children look back they will see that a community of strangers cared about them and their family.....the whole world is not like cs.
That is what the volunteers are working at. Never giving up HOPE. I believe the family needs to hear that messege also

Good point Ocean. I'm just frustrated....extremely. It just makes it uncomfortable in my neighborhood and it can't escape my everyday attention.

<snip> However one day when Lisa's children look back they will see that a community of strangers cared about them and their family.....the whole world is not like cs.

Wonderfully stated, ocean!

close observer, I understand, we must strive not to lose hope. We lean on one another for strength, we give it to each other. We are dealing with a horrible criminal act and therefor a sick disgusting and vial criminal mind. As I said before we can not think like him(the sick mind) we are going through the emotions of a normal people....we must stay strong and beat down the perp. (mentally) By staying united and strong....he slowly weakens.....STRONG...Good Will win out in the end...

My first post, I hope I get it correct. I agree. I'm afraid we have another Perry/Arthur March murder. Craig did the deed, called Daddy and Daddy drove to UP to dispose of body in one of the 1,000's of closed coal mines. I hope not, but that is what I fear.

Welcome, Gogranny! It is something we have discussed here. It certainly is within the realm of possibilities in this case.

There is also speculation his father may have met him that night to transfer and dispose of her body. They were avid "poachers" (I wouldn't use the term hunters after what the officer said in his interview early on.) and they used several mine pits on the father's property to get rid of the animals...so both would know where they could successfully hide a body.

LE has some evidence they are not sharing. The hope is they are slowly and methodically preparing this case so they can present it without a body. I believe once they take it to a Grand Jury, call the children for testimony, and present the evidence...there will be sufficient cause to arrest CS and move forward. We just need to have patience.

Welcome, Gogranny! It is something we have discussed here. It certainly is within the realm of possibilities in this case.

There is also speculation his father may have met him that night to transfer and dispose of her body. They were avid "poachers" (I wouldn't use the term hunters after what the officer said in his interview early on.) and they used several mine pits on the father's property to get rid of the animals...so both would know where they could successfully hide a body.

LE has some evidence they are not sharing. The hope is they are slowly and methodically preparing this case so they can present it without a body. I believe once they take it to a Grand Jury, call the children for testimony, and present the evidence...there will be sufficient cause to arrest CS and move forward. We just need to have patience.

Yes, and there has also been speculation that the elder Stebic owns a tree-cutting business and has done away with the evidence, a la "Fargo" - horrible thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong