IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE:
On July 17 Psychic Gale St john left her home in route to Bloomington Indiana to help with the search for 20 year old Lauren Spierer.

Gary Peterson from FindJodi.com had invited Gale and I to help on the search. Gary and I talked about doing my Radio show from location to bring attention to the Spierer case. I was not able to drop all my commitments and assist in the search but my friend Gale made arrangements and went on the road.

Gale arrived later in the afternoon on Sunday the 17th Gary was busy with meetings so Gale decided to do her famous ‘blind drive’ with her cadaver dogs. St. John returned to the hotel later for much needed rest.

On Monday the 18, St. John spent the day searching alone with her dogs until 5PM when Don Cranfill, the Bloomington coordinator for the Lauren Spierer search met with her. Gale was taken to several sites by Mr. Cranfill, where she reported sensing something had happened at two of the sites not related to Lauren’s case. Mr. Cranfill confirmed that two murders had taken place where she sensed and she was correct in that they were not related to the Spierer case.

Lastly, Mr. Cranfill took Gale to the another location, a place where St. John had circled the day before by vehicle. This time Gale took one of her dogs, Kimber, to do a ground search and the dog indicated in this area. Gale then returned kimber to the vehicle to cool off from the heat and brought out her other dog, Simon, who also indicated in the same area. Lauren Spierer parents were called, the police were called and told about the developments. The Spierers were distraught and wanted yet another set of dogs to provide confirmation of St John’s findings. The Police declined their request saying, their own dogs had indicated in the same area several days earlier but the parents were never told and no one knows if leads were followed then to secure and search the area.

Sunday evening Gary Peterson and Gale St. John were to appear on my Internet Radio show but Gary was unable to attend. Monday evening Gale St John received a call from Gary Peterson to tell her the Spierers no longer needed her services.

I am perplexed as to why no one has reported that Gale St John was asked to assist in the search for Lauren and that her cadaver dogs indicated around the area where Lauren Spierer was last seen. ...

Interesting

Also this portion of that article that bothers me the most, and is ALSO typical of LE -

Lauren Spierer parents were called, the police were called and told about the developments. The Spierers were distraught and wanted yet another set of dogs to provide confirmation of St John’s findings. The Police declined their request saying, their own dogs had indicated in the same area several days earlier but the parents were never told and no one knows if leads were followed then to secure and search the area.

Aproudmom:
Thank you for your post! Can you tell us the area where her dogs indicated Lauren?

I just don't want to think there could be a cover up with LE, but it has been speculated here.

article? there's no indication where this article came from. I'm really surprised that it's posted here without that.

I would like to believe that, rather than a cover-up, this indicates that LE has info and they discussed with the Spierers that getting psychic info out to the public might be detrimental to the investigation.

& fwiw, her dogs hit the spot where caylee anthony was later found. imo, this lady is no joke! I hope the parents put their PI on it!

I'm listening right now.

So let's talk about this. Even though the Spierer's report that they are "part of the investigative team," would there be a legitimate reason for LE to keep this info from the parents?

I would imagine that there might be.... and the fact that they (apparently) were the ones who called off the psychic, they must have been convinced by LE that they are working in the right direction.. I just don't know.

The point that I was trying to make was not being that there was a coverup but that Lauren's parents weren't notified that search dogs hit on a spot.

Unfortunately, parents aren't always given all the information in an investigation. Sometimes it is a good thing, and sometimes perhaps LE is being over cautious. Don't know which this is.

I'm listening right now.

So let's talk about this. Even though the Spierer's report that they are "part of the investigative team," would there be a legitimate reason for LE to keep this info from the parents?

I would imagine that there might be.... and the fact that they (apparently) were the ones who called off the psychic, they must have been convinced by LE that they are working in the right direction.. I just don't know.

Well, I don't feel that the Spierer's should be left out of vital information, for no reason whatsoever. When typically that happens and the parents are left out, then they begin to wonder what else of importance they have been left out of.

I'm listening right now.

A legitimate reason would be if LE thought they would leak the info to the public and that could compromise the case. And they may have this concern with the Spierers, after they went public about the confrontation in Smallwood.

so, according to the audio, she's still in Bloomington?

I mean the psychic... not LS

OK NVM.. I see the date on this recording is July 18. I'll just listen to the end.

A legitimate reason would be if LE thought they would leak the info to the public and that could compromise the case. And they may have this concern with the Spierers, after they went public about the confrontation in Smallwood.

Normally I'm right there with you elmomom, but, even in the Morgan Harrington case, her parents went public with much more info than LE wanted them to. I don't think that something as important as where cadaver dogs hit on a scent should be kept from the family, or the public. JMHO

Normally I'm right there with you elmomom, but, even in the Morgan Harrington case, her parents went public with much more info than LE wanted them to. I don't think that something as important as where cadaver dogs hit on a scent should be kept from the family, or the public. JMHO

I'm just telling it the way LE may see it. I don't know that I agree, or disagree. I just don't know enough to have an opinion (as is with much of this case)

"Activities in the alley"

Thoughts? I really have no idea what the definition of activities is.

It seems unlikely they are doing drugs outside where there is a camera every few feet.

Plus they live nearby, so you do the drugs at home.

Sex? Same as above unless you have public fetish. Sorry, that is so crude. At any rate, I don't think that was it at all.

Plus the leggings.

Buying drugs? Also in public with all those cameras?

How hard would it be to catch and convict if everyone just bought and consumed like that with all those cameras?

Back to my original question - does anyone have new thoughts on the alley activity?

My understanding of the law re. drugs is that LE could not make an arrest based on seeing one smoking a bong on video, or popping a pill. Having a bong is not illegal (at least in most states) because you can use this for legal drugs. If one is shown on video taking a pill, how would LE know that it wasn't prescribed? How would they even know what the pill is? If there is a bong on video, there's no evidence/proof that it contained any illegal drugs. Therefore I don't believe any drug use caught on tape could lead to an arrest......just a lot of questions. Even if they were buying drugs on camera, again.......hard to prove what was in the bag. When cameras are used for drug busts, it usually involves an informant who has the "goods" to prove what was purchased. That wouldn't be true in this case.

I have literally walked down the street in some cities and passed people who were OBVIOUSLY smoking a joint right on the street (obvious b/c of the smell). Cops were walking past and did nothing. I'm not talking about lots of people doing this to the point where it would be hard to police, like at a concert. I'm talking about in a shopping area of a city and a passing a few random people standing alone.....Yikes.

Why? A cadaver dog hitting on a scent is unimportant unless the follow-up translates to finding the victim or information about the victim. I dont know if LE feels the need to have Mr. and Mrs. Speirer ride the roller-coaster of emotions every time an incomplete piece of information comes up. Also, they have been very public and outspoken throughout this case. LE may, indeed, be keeping everything quiet for a reason.

Why? A cadaver dog hitting on a scent is unimportant unless the follow-up translates to finding the victim or information about the victim. I dont know if LE feels the need to have Mr. and Mrs. Speirer ride the roller-coaster of emotions every time an incomplete piece of information comes up. Also, they have been very public and outspoken throughout this case. LE may, indeed, be keeping everything quiet for a reason.

Not necessarily unimportant. Morgan's scent was located on the Copeley Bridge, and it wasn't until Gil Harrington told the public LE finally came out and said yes they did hit there. Morgan's remains weren't found there.

Not necessarily unimportant. Morgan's scent was located on the Copeley Bridge, and it wasn't until Gil Harrington told the public LE finally came out and said yes they did hit there. Morgan's remains weren't found there.

I agree. maybe insignificant is a better word. I feel like, at this point, the Speirer's have probably had their hopes lifted and dropped so many times that I may hesitate to share information unless I felt that it certainly moved the case forward. I am not LE; just trying to put myself in their position and determine how I might act in the same situation. Of course, that is much easier to do while sitting on my couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304