FL FL - Tammy Leppert, 18, Cocoa Beach, 6 July 1983

The CBPD says John Brennen Crutchly has been ruled out as a suspect in my sisters disappearance.But I do think his unidentified Jane Doe possible victims need to be ruled out as Tammy through DNA.

The CBPD says John Brennen Crutchly has been ruled out as a suspect in my sisters disappearance.But I do think his unidentified Jane Doe possible victims need to be ruled out as Tammy through DNA.

I think of you everytime they find someone .... *hugs*

Well,I just received this email.Jane Doe found Saint Tammany Parish,Slidell Louisiana June 19 1986

Suzanne,
I just received a letter from the DNA lab in North Texas with the results of the mitochondrial testing. The unidentified remains from our lab (case 03-35) are officially NOT your sister. I know you have been waiting a long time for this comparison to be complete and I’m sorry that we ultimately were not able to help you. Hopefully, you will get some answers one day.
Helen

I am glad this is not my sister Tammy it gives me hope she is ok out there.I can't seem to find her alive and I can't seem to find her dead.I do look for her dead because I cannot and will not believe she would let me or other people look for her dead and ever be that selfish.I don't know where to look or what to do any more.But I won't give up on her.What if she really is dead out there and no one to find her and bring her home.

Well,I just received this email.Jane Doe found Saint Tammany Parish,Slidell Louisiana June 19 1986

Suzanne,
I just received a letter from the DNA lab in North Texas with the results of the mitochondrial testing. The unidentified remains from our lab (case 03-35) are officially NOT your sister. I know you have been waiting a long time for this comparison to be complete and I’m sorry that we ultimately were not able to help you. Hopefully, you will get some answers one day.
Helen

I am glad this is not my sister Tammy it gives me hope she is ok out there.I can't seem to find her alive and I can't seem to find her dead.I do look for her dead because I cannot and will not believe she would let me or other people look for her dead and ever be that selfish.I don't know where to look or what to do any more.But I won't give up on her.What if she really is dead out there and no one to find her and bring her home.

Suzanne,

Do you think their would be a chance that she could have changed her identity so she could escape the limelight for awhile? Would she actually put you and your family thru something like that?

I think of Tammy often. I remember watching the Unsolved Mysteries episode years ago with her story. It seemed like she had a good life, but maybe got mixed up with some wrong people?

I don't know.

What do your other siblings think happened? Whatever happened to Tammy, I know she is sure lucky that she has a sister like you that has never given up hope to find her.

Like I said in a few posts above, I think of Tammy's case often and all the hard work you have done trying to find her. Have you ever heard of Judy O'Donnell who has been missing from NY since 1980? her sister Maureen is one that I don't think will ever give up in finding her sister. God bless both of your families.

Just thinking about this case and trying to understand what was going on in Tammy's life back in 1983. She was quite accomplished and certainly extremely beautiful. Tammy's experience in modeling and acting was far beyond the "still waiting to be discovered' stage. She had the connections (through her Mom's agency) to get the best auditions, I would imagine. I don't think that she would have fallen for Wilder's tactics or needed his involvement in her career to be successful-I could be wrong, since her mom stated that Tammy and Wilder had met on a movie set. So there maybe a previous association that made Tammy comfortable with this monster. Once KR left her that day near the beach, she could have accepted a ride from Wilder (when she couldn't reach her aunt by phone) and never expected his motives.
I do wonder what she and KR argued about that day - they were good friends, and friends have disputes, but what would have escalated to the degree that made a young man leave an 18 year old girl on the side of the road that day? What was KR's explanation? He left her on July 5th- she was reported missing on July 11th. What was going on during those 6 days - where did her family think she was? I have read in other on line sites that Tammy was seen with KR after July 5th. Is there any truth to that?
If these questions have been answered before, please forgive me. I hope this case is solved and Tammy's whereabouts are discovered for this family.

I never heard KR was seen with Tammy after the 6th from anyone out here.He left her July 6th.May I please ask where are you hearing this and what are they saying?

I never heard KR was seen with Tammy after the 6th from anyone out here.He left her July 6th.May I please ask where are you hearing this and what are they saying?
I'm not sure if this is what nola was referring to but on this youtube video of Tammy's Unsolved Mysteries episode someone is claiming they saw Tammy after July 6th with Keith. I don't really know if you can believe this though as anyone can make claims on the internet but I've seen this person thr33s3as make claims on another site. Someone else has commented on the video to say they married Keith. I don't know if you were able to follow up on any of these comments Suzanne, and wish you the best in continuing your search

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=DS2O_lSMV_8

Thank you.This particular person the police are not for and says he does not know anything about Tammy.He may or may not have met her once.The CBPD and FDLE are disgusted with him and say he is no friend of Tammy.They will back up what I say.He hears things.Then puts himself in the story.He has been reported to the police many times.

Hey Suzanne-
I did see this comment a few times on the youtube site. The remarks were made by the same poster, thr33s3as. The comments made by that poster were pretty inflammatory- I doubted their validity, but wanted your view. Anyhow, as I read through the many postings on that site I wanted to find out if any family member believed that Tammy had been seen following that July 6th (sorry about my error with the date earlier) day when KR left her in Cocoa Beach.
Since there is evidence (phone messages to her aunt) that day - I guess that is why KR's account was deemed credible? That leads me to ask if the location where she made those calls to your/her aunt was ever identified? And if so, did LE investigate to see what other numbers were dialed from that same phone immediately before, between and after these calls to see who Tammy may have called for a ride?

Thanks again Suzanne for your comments to my questions. I appreciate your patience and so respect you for your dedication to your sister.

Know one knows.The police know all this and have looked into this.I really don't discuss her case a lot any more because the police do not like a lot of discussions on it any more.I just let the CBPD and FDLE handle her case and if people know something to please call them.They will handle it.

My gut keeps telling me that Tammy may be in the Witness Protection Program. I do know that LE says, no. BUT would they ever say, yes? Here are my reasons why:
1. Tammy told several people that she saw something that put her life in danger (something about money laundering).
2. Her personality changed drastically overnight without any medical/mental explanation. I believe she was truly terrified.
3. Her mom sought out every support system/resource for Tammy, 72 hour mental health evaluation and even taking her to LE to get on record what she saw and why she felt threatened. Yet, police have no record of her visit to them -the detective, when asked, said he barely remembered her (Tammy was breathtaking - any man would remember her- and let's say he didn't remember her right away, he would be reminded of her once she is reported missing). He then gave a totally different reason why Tammy came in that day (stolen property). Stolen property may have been a part of Tammy's concern - at least one person who knew Tammy says that she had planned to confront someone about stolen property and feared their response, right? The detective's explanation could have touched on the truth, but only slightly. If she did report stolen property, would that too be a motive for someone to keep her quiet? Wouldn't that report become important in the search for Tammy?
4. Early dismissal by LE that Tammy wanted to leave home/family - she was tagged as a runaway - no search was necessary. I know that this was the norm for the time, but this girl had a promising career with plans to travel to CA soon, and had been frightened about her safety - seems possible that LE knew more about this case than they say.
5. Little LE follow up and quick elimination of involvement of people who saw Tammy last. Both KR and Mr Adams both indicate (Unsolved Mysteries) that they were not questioned as they thought the circumstance might require.
6. Tammy told Mr Adams on July 5th that she might be going away for a while...
[7. Removed via edit by nola]
8. People in high places in FL government were indicted in late 1983 on money- laundering charges.

I think that Tammy's life was in danger. If a person is part of the witness protection program, is it safe for LE to reveal a person's participation? I don't think that's how the program works.

I am hopeful that Tammy is safe and living her life with a new identity somewhere. This is sad for her and her family, but a better ending than the alternative.
Of course, I am only expressing my opinion. But I hope that one day (if this is the case) that the threat will be resolved and Tammy could reconnect with her family.

They believed very strongly Tammy ran away at first and did for a very long time.That's exactly why they did not look for her.The police do not like rude people discussing the case and bashing each other is what I meant.I believe Detective Cooper with the CBPD is doing everything he can to find her.I believe he is a good police officer.I respect him and I'm letting him and the FDLE do their investigation.I'm not going to do a lot of discussion on her any more.I'll just keep her picture and information out there so if anyone knows where she is or what happened to her they can call the police.

If anyone can please do an age progression picture like of Tammy of the pictures of Tammy already out there.Please send them to me.

Suzanne, my heart goes out to you, I really hope you find closure in Tammy's case. I have a question for you, maybe you can answer it for me. I went to imdb to look at the credits for the movies Tammy played a part in, but she is never listed for the movie Spring Break or Scarface, was she using a different name? It is my understanding that she played a small role in both movies? Perhaps that is why under cast she is not listed?

I wanted to add something else to my question with another question. I know Tammy disappeared in 1983, however, since apparently she was dropped off near a bank or at a bank parking lot, was there surviellance video of the bank's parking lot? Obviously, quality would not have been good but was there ever any surviellance footage of the bank parking lot? Or at that intersection? If there was, was there anything on there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back