Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people could start assuming, based on previous posts, that maybe alcohol was an historic issue?? IMO not sure....don't believe it has anything related to the case though, purely speculation

So it has nothing to do with the case? or does it? Thanks.

I think the connection was that people were speculating on whether GBC, the husband, (POI for websleuths purposes) was drunk on the night of the possible murder, whether he was a drinker or not. Comments were about the fact that if he was the murderer and was drunk he may have had to call someone else to dispose of the body. It's been stated by police they believe there could be more than one person involved.

I appreciate that academic goalposts move however.
One Up Man's Ship??? If some posters have professional credentials then KIMSTER has stated previously they need to be verified to claim professional status on this forum.
The level of education of the poster should not matter. People are free to post anyway. Anybody can hold an opinion on this case. Sometimes good sleuthing is done by those with a good 'ear to the ground' or 'nose to the grindstone' intuitive sense anyway - not learned academics. To have a curious mind and desire to ask questions [regardless of education level] is equally important to sleuthing. MOO.

The Dickies have been amazing to have the dignity and control that they have at such a terrible time.

Just remember the Dickies know more about the case than all of us do.

I'm trying to get caught up on this case. What does a dry wedding mean and what does it have to do with this case? Thanks.

Ima

Sorry, I was assuming the members had read this on the last thread. Sorry for not linking.

"Flight Centre employee Sue Rennick was a close friend of Allison's, and one of about 15 colleagues who went to her wedding.The wedding was a "dry" event - creating a challenge for the Flight Centre social set."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...uneral-on-friday/story-e6freoof-1226352423398

Sorry, I was assuming the members had read this on the last thread. Sorry for not linking.

"Flight Centre employee Sue Rennick was a close friend of Allison's, and one of about 15 colleagues who went to her wedding.The wedding was a "dry" event - creating a challenge for the Flight Centre social set."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...uneral-on-friday/story-e6freoof-1226352423398

A family member recently had a dry wedding (no alcohol) because he is a dry alcoholic.

I think this could be relevant to the case in indicating that alcohol had been a problem in the past.

Where is the compassion for a husband who has lost his wife and the mother of his children? Until he is arrested/charged/convicted, he is still a victim. Where is the compassion for the BCs who have lost their DIL?

<modsnip>?

It's naive to think that the Dickies should be feeling anything whatsoever for GBC or his family. Put yourself in there shoes just for one second. i.e if you suspected that it was HE who killed your daughter, do think for one second that you would stop and think about mentioning his name?? Highly doubt it. You would be one unique individual if you did. (i.e Almighty God himself)

I think the fact they don't mention his names speaks volumes more thann anything else dont you??

The only dry wedding I remember going to was my cousin's. She and her husband are very religious straight laced Baptists. Saying that, I usually prefer not to drink so don't judge others over that at all. I thought the BC's were Freemasons so that could have been why it was dry? There are lots of Scouting and Masonic links I hear. My mother used to be in the Rechabites insurance as they used to insure people who were non drinkers or smokers. I often wondered if they had anything to do with masons? I'll go look it up.

Edit, haha, it says the Rechabites are an offshoot of the Callethumpians! Who else always thought this was a made up religion??

Nothing to do with Freemasons though.

Maybe they are just fed up with all the media attention (not to mention the whole situation) and just don't want everything they say and / or do to become public fodder for everyone to ghoulishly dissect and comment on.

If that's the reason then they must have been pretty much fed up from day 1 of the disappearance cause besides the b grade actors and wanting to be normal not much else was said.

One Up Man's Ship??? If some posters have professional credentials then KIMSTER has stated previously they need to be verified to claim professional status on this forum.
The level of education of the poster should not matter. People are free to post anyway. Anybody can hold an opinion on this case. Sometimes good sleuthing is done by those with a good 'ear to the ground' or 'nose to the grindstone' intuitive sense anyway - not learned academics. To have a curious mind and desire to ask questions [regardless of education level] is equally important to sleuthing. MOO.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I don't think it was meant negatively. I think this poster was just acknowledging that educational standards for particular positions can change (& in fact do!) over time.

I also don't really think we all need to go through an appraisal to have an opinion based on our employment or academic background. It would be foolish of anyone to have any more than an opinion (with of course the obvious point that a forensic psychologist would have perhaps more of an inkling than an engineer for example) on the GBC's of the world without having spent time with them & going through a process...

<------ Thread topic here.

Some recent comments ------> there.

Please let's stay more over HERE than over THERE.

(Goes back to studying Aussie slang guidebook.)

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I don't think it was meant negatively. I think this poster was just acknowledging that educational standards for particular positions can change (& in fact do!) over time.

I also don't really think we all need to go through an appraisal to have an opinion based on our employment or academic background. It would be foolish of anyone to have any more than an opinion (with of course the obvious point that a forensic psychologist would have perhaps more of an inkling than an engineer for example) on the GBC's of the world without having spent time with them & going through a process...

or for example being able to quote directly from the Police Operational Procedures Manual without establishing ones self as a Police Officer:moo:

Think it means no alcohol was served (?)

Yes it does. I don't totally understand all the fuss about whether the wedding was a dry one or not. I have friends who had dry wedding. No reason other than they are from a strong christian family and do not drink alchohol(I know this is not the case for all christians though)

April 22, 2012

A neighbour who did not want to be identified said they had been questioned three times by police throughout Friday

http://www.australianmissingpersonsr...Baden-Clay.htm

April 27, 2012

Neighbours reported hearing what sounded like arguing from the family home on Brookfield Rd at Brookfield not long before she disappeared about 10pm on Thursday, April 19.

http://www.news.com.au/national/sear...#ixzz1vz7WymiL

A big thanks to Marlwings for the links (above)from last night in answer to my question. The thread is locked so can't thank you there.

There is a very large piece of this story missing. I fear I may be the only one shocked if he gets convicted of murdering her... I suspect there is a third person who committed the murder if she was murdered...

I don't think you will be the only one. Although I won't at all be totally shocked if he is. But also won't be surprised if there is more than meets the eye on this one. (And maybe many will be shocked if he isnt) MOO

Yes, I think I am guilty of being over dramatic. I won't be shocked if he's the man but my hunch is we will all get a bit of a surprise.

I was shocked to read his wife stayed with him for another 6 months, it sure does show us how different one's public face can be,

the sad fact is Kiwi, that she is not alone in staying with the man she loves who turns around and becomes a monster. its common for a wife who finds herself in this situation to say, 'he's not usually like this, he must be so stressed, I don't believe that this will happen again...we will work it out...'

nek minnit (sorry it had to be done)...shes been with him for 5, 10, 15 years and its starting to dawn on her that this is how he handles things, and he isnt going to change. It is tragic and sad, but I think what is terribly sad is that it is so shocking and surprising to woman who havent found themselves in this position, and believe me, it happens to the very best of them.

p.s I think she is one of the rare and lucky women to have had the support she needed to leave him so quickly...It often doesn't go this way

I think people could start assuming, based on previous posts, that maybe alcohol was an historic issue?? IMO not sure....don't believe it has anything related to the case though, purely speculation

The sigificance of this in our culture is that the Groom's father pays for the bar traditionally. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth