LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just listened to the rerun of WAFB news and there was no mention of a white truck!

ETA: WBRZ commented on the white truck, are they maybe talking about the first one that was cleared? Weren't there two white trucks originally?

The tow truck was on Bertrand, headed toward Johnston. If they wanted to get to I10, they would have gone the other way on Bertrand, it's just a hop, skip and jump from I10.

Yes, Johnston does turn into Louisiana, which does lead to I10. But what a convoluted route that would have been! A tow truck, pulling a white truck, followed by six cop cars, all the way up Bertrand, onto Johnston, all the way down Johnston, all the way down Louisiana, and ONE person notices?

Not logical!

It doesn't mean that only one person noticed. She only told me because of she knows I keep up with the case.

Female coworker: what you doing k? You sleuthin'?

I agree:) The BR media is pretty much a joke, IMO. It's much more probable that they are so far behind in their reporting that they are just now realizing that the OTHER white truck was ruled out....no way they are "breaking news" that hasn't been reported by the family Facebook or Lafayette media. JMO!!

I am sorry...I cannot fathom the white truck possibly being ruled out now. It has dominated the past 10 threads or so. I wish LE would clarify in a press release where they clearly state all vehicles pictured are now cleared (if they are).

My husband is LE, his bro is LE, my sister's husband is LE - I understand that they have to keep many facts close to the chest. But, they also know you have to stay connected with the public - sometimes saying absolutely nothing of importance but reassuring they are still working on the case. In this case, there are so many wild speculation and rumors out there, you'd think they would just address a few of them and take them off the table. You get the idea LE on Mickey's case are not even aware that she's still missing. (And yes - I KNOW they know she's missing - they just aren't acting like it.)

Well - all I see is a Monet watercolor..... Are you teasing us or are you serious? If you're serious, I'm sorry - not trying to insult you. If you're pranking us - good one! :) We deserve it!

If it's a watercolor, you can be sure it's not a Monet! (I just couldn't help myself)

Mickey's parents are surely giving off the impression that there is nothing to go on, at this point. Very sad and must be agonizing for them...

As far as the truck being ruled out...I have a feeling that the news report was wrong; maybe it HAS been ruled out, but I doubt that only one station in BR would know about it, if it just happened...

This was just posted on Charlie's FB wall
Cute, but sad ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339473292.427416.jpg

Oh, good grief

The news on WBRZ looked like it was patched together, mostly old stuff. I would bet they are talking about the white truck that was ruled out.

ETA: or, was it revealed that there was only one white truck. Nuts!

I can give some insight as to how he feels, though I know what happened to my child and how he lost his life. The Shunick's may never know. It's been 8+ years for me and while it seems like I have not seen my son for an eternity, it also seems as if he died 15 minutes ago. I wish I could explain why, but I can't.

ETA: 'It feels like a dream'. Yes, it does and we move back and forth from a dream state to reality.

Isabelle, did you lose your child to a crime? I'm new here and don't know.

Ya know, I always google mickey's name and found it crazy when I saw "white truck cleared" from a . It is very misleading bc when you read the article, it's talking about the white truck that was left in East Texas while the owner was offshore...NOT the white truck in all of the surveillance pics that's still being looked for. But to the unknowing person, seeing "WHITE TRUCK CLEARED" could appear as though all vehicles have been cleared, when really its just poor choice of words on that source's part.

Isabelle, did you lose your child to a crime? I'm new here and don't know.

No, he was killed in a single vehicle accident in Grosse Tete, La. Hit a tree head on.

Ya know, I always google mickey's name and found it crazy when I saw "white truck cleared" from a . It is very misleading bc when you read the article, it's talking about the white truck that was left in East Texas while the owner was offshore...NOT the white truck in all of the surveillance pics that's still being looked for. But to the unknowing person, seeing "WHITE TRUCK CLEARED" could appear as though all vehicles have been cleared, when really its just poor choice of words on that source's part.

aren't reporters supposed to be more thorough and precise than this? ay yi yi

ok here's the video grab from the news - excuse the horrible quality hahaha it's with my little digital camera. And yeah - I'm not sure what to make of the report either and the news channel doesn't have a way for me to post a message on their website asking about it.

http://flickr.com/gp/55463415@N00/7G688q

I did not know you could put video on flkr!

That is exactly why gather is not considered a source that WS usually allows...JMO
The writers are not "reporters" in any sense, just bloggers who sell their "work."

That is exactly why gather is not considered a source that WS usually allows...JMO
The writers are not "reporters" in any sense, just bloggers who sell their "work."

but that was baton rouge news that was just posted. they said it too. i'm thinking they are just saying that the FIRST white truck that was cleared was cleared, but they should have clarified that there is still ANOTHER white truck in question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle