TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have started searching classmates.com for Deanna's at high schools in Hurst, TX. There is one Deanna at Bell High School for the time frame she would have been in high school:

Deanna Mcqueary

I wonder if the contact with LE in 1995 had to do with underage drinking? She ould have been 18/19 in 1995, so maybe she was caught with a fake ID and just given a warning?

I did a people search for every Deanna M. living in Hurst, TX, and have a long list that perhaps we can start going through in the next few days. Let me get it into a readable list and then post it.

Hi JS,

Ready to start on the list when you have it ready. I believe the sighting in 1995 but it baffles me where she was in the years preceding 1995. It is like when she reached the age of 18, she had been "released" from somewhere.
Bring out the list JS and we will have a go.

Eleph

Kat, are you thinking about one of the lakes east of Waco? I have zoomed in around that area on virtual earth and took some look arounds... they are interesting.

I agree that a chart done by our WS forensic astrology team would be of benefit - I do not believe one has been done.

Sorry Elpher I was late getting back to your question. Missie answered you though (thanks missie).

I was thinking of Belton Lake.

I think this map would work as well. But our WS astrologers haven't confirmed that reading and it is probably wrong.

http://maps.google.com/maps?sourcei...ke to killeen&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

There is also a Fort Hood Recreational area of Belton that can be accessed from post.

Attachments

• lakebeltonmap.jpg
    lakebeltonmap.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 12
Ok, I am going to try and post the list of possibilities. The list started as an Intelius search and expanded into ancestry.com (yes, I have a subscription).

Attachments

• Deannas in Hurst from Intelius.doc
    146.5 KB · Views: 9
Oh!! Maybe she was released from somewhere!!?? A juvenile camp or something?? Maybe Missies mother or stepfather DID know where she was but never told anyone? (Grasping I know, but who knows??) Maybe that is the contact that LE had with her! Missie--Have you ever tried to get Deanna's school records from Manor Middle School? Have you ever asked them if anyone ever requested her records?

Hi JS,

Ready to start on the list when you have it ready. I believe the sighting in 1995 but it baffles me where she was in the years preceding 1995. It is like when she reached the age of 18, she had been "released" from somewhere.
Bring out the list JS and we will have a go.

Eleph

I think if she was in a juvenile camp there would be a traceable record of that. Knowing my parents, I also think if she were in a place like that they would have told us. They probably would have used it as a threat to get me and Bekki to behave.
I do think the theory of her being "released" is a feasible one, I'm just not sure how it would work. If she were kidnapped and then released she probably would have tracked a family member down by now. She was somewhat close to our grandma, and our grandma has never moved or changed her number.
My husband will be out of town this week, so I have taken the week off of work. School starts for my son this week, but I think I will actually (for once) have time to be on here *fingers crossed*

I don't think Deanna was kidnapped and then released - agree with MissieMt in that Deanna would have made contact at that point. Okay, so where does that leave us:

1. Deanna re-appears at around age 18
2. Deanna does not make contact with siblings/family in 1995 or after
3. Sighting in 1995 is in LE records so is credible
4. Lack of contact with family indicates either fear or someone being totally pissed off or both

Deanna certainly had a mind of her own even at a very young age - sneaking out of grandma's house for example. Grandma knew things were not right with Roy (going to find Deanna at Skipper's house and making it known that Roy not follow her). Grandma was the ultimate protector of the children and did her best to keep the children safe. It may be possible that Deanna was placed in a juvenile type centre for her own safety until around age 18. If Grandma either had or obtained custody of Deanna, and there was a juvenile centre involved, the records would probably be sealed and Grandma may have satisfied herself that she had done everything possible to protect Deanna.
Deanna strikes me as a strong willed person who would hold a grudge for many, many years and that Grandma may very well hold the key to where Deanna had been up to 1995.

It looks like Grandma and Grandpa were divorced 22 March 1968 and Grandpa died 15 March 1994 with the death certificate issued in Montana. Is it possible that Grandma and Grandpa still had a good relationship and Deanna may have made her way to Grandpa in Montana and after he died in 1994, reappeared in Texas? Grandpa's death ties in fairly closely to the reappearance of Deanna in 1995.

Only pushing out thoughts to generate more discussion and thinking MissieMt - only thoughts nothing more.

Elep

I don't know how or why our Grandpa's death certificate would have been from montana. He died in Killeen, maybe Temple (about 30 mins from Killeen) because that is where the "really good" hospital was. But he was buried in Killeen. So thats either a different man with the same name or something like that.
IF Deanna was in a juvenile center, wouldn't someone have to pick up the tab? And wouldn't Sgt.D be able to see those records? I still think if she were in a detention center it would be traceable.

I agree Missie, if Deanna had been in a detention center it is more than likely she would have been able to be traced by a paper trail.

Agreed, Deanna should be traceable through any Juvenile Centres - wonder if any of the Sergeant/Detectives who have worked on Deanna's case have looked?

MissieMt, do you know if any of the LE have tried to trace Deanna through Juvenile Centres? The sighting in 1995 is key in my opinion to finding out where Deanna was and possibly where she is now. A sighting at age 18 is key.

Eleph

Following up on the school records is a great idea also. Missi - if you can, you should contact the school. They probably won't tell you anything, but you can let them know that you will have Sgt D call them. Then they will be expecting his call and it will motivate Sgt D to act faster if he knows that someone is expecting to hear from him, kwim?

Salem

Okay, I will call the school on Monday and see what I can find out, thanks for the suggestions everyone!!

A couple of thoughts:

I work for a state agency in TX that deals with children and we purge our records when all the children in the home are 18. TDY may do the same thing. Also, about 5 years ago, the state agencies were re aligned and a huge records clean up and purge were done. There is a possibility it was lost in the shuffle.

Second, was/is there a youth outreach center or shelter operating in the area where she could have gone? (I watch a lot of TV and Lily Rush would find the center director and lean on them until the remember, lol.)

A couple of thoughts:

I work for a state agency in TX that deals with children and we purge our records when all the children in the home are 18. TDY may do the same thing. Also, about 5 years ago, the state agencies were re aligned and a huge records clean up and purge were done. There is a possibility it was lost in the shuffle.

Second, was/is there a youth outreach center or shelter operating in the area where she could have gone? (I watch a lot of TV and Lily Rush would find the center director and lean on them until the remember, lol.)

Hi Woof,

Doesn't sound good that a records purge/cleanup may have happened about 5 years ago .... what does the acronymn TDY stand for - I am drawing a blank on it. The idea of and outreach/shelter in the area is a good idea too Woof - hope there is a way to research it.

A couple of thoughts:

UGH! That doesn't sound good at all. I'm still going to ask Bekki to speak with Sgt.D about it-don't get the impression he wants to hear from me right now, can't imagine why...

Hi Woof,

Doesn't sound good that a records purge/cleanup may have happened about 5 years ago .... what does the acronymn TDY stand for - I am drawing a blank on it. The idea of and outreach/shelter in the area is a good idea too Woof - hope there is a way to research it.

Texas Department of Youth

Woof, maybe you would know:
If Deanna were in some type of center, wouldn't her guardian have to pay for her to be there? I know juvenile detention centers are considered "free" but that is for kids who are in trouble with LE. She wasn't.
As far as a youth shelter, I don't remember there being any but that was a long time ago.

Another question about TDY please?

If Deanna had been placed in the TDY system doesn't that require a court hearing? She would have been placed by certain criteria correct? (meaning in my mind: an offense committed?) If so, even if the TDY records were purged then wouldn't there be record within the county in which she was sentenced to TDY?

TIA for answering my questions!

Also, let's float the idea that Deanna was placed in foster care...could that have been possible? If so, wouldn't that require notification of her guardians? TIA

A couple of thoughts:

Bolded by me:

I found a list. However, I don't know which of these would have been in existance during the time frame we know about Deanna.

http://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/texas.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member