TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
An excel sheet which shows all the Deanna M.'s who were married in Texas around the time that Deanna went missing. These were taken from the public marriage records of Texas from the years 1990 to 2000 inclusive. A zip file from each year was downloaded, unzipped, then all years were combined into one wordpad file. Further work done was to extract all the Deanna M.'s from the wordpad file and place them into an Excel file which is the result of this file attached. Some of the records x-link with the list that JulesSleuther has just recently posted. With both sources of information, we may be able to get a better picture or at least come up with some leads we can follow to try and find Deanna.

Here is the source site for that was used for the production of the Deanna M. file: http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/vs/marriagedivorce/mindex.shtm

ETA: Won't let me upload the file ... hmmmmmmmmmm
ETA: Did snapshot of the file

Attachments

• marriages Part 1.jpg
    marriages Part 1.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 6
  • marriages Part 2.jpg
    marriages Part 2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 5
Do we need to check into this a bit further - this is NOT Deanna's friend Skip(per) White however, could this person be related to her friend. The age of the victim was 12 and the offense was sexual assault of a child. This guy goes by a couple of different aliases one of which is Skip White -also known as Gary Baldwin. This guy was born in 1952 and there appears to be conflicting information as to whether he was incarcerated or not and whether he is mappable(at least to me). Can somebody take a minute to see if you can determine if this guy was/is imprisioned and for how long. Here are the two sources of infomation:

http://search.criminalcheck.com/PDdetails.php?db=TXSOR_ALIAS_NAME&rec=7143&ed=186&dlnumber=CC&dlstate=CC&id=CC>WHITE,SKIP</a></td

http://www.familywatchdog.us/ViewOffenderDetails.asp?oID=TX1891374&aID=&at=1&sid={35136406-191D-450E-B1C6-6011B4AF150B}&sp=1&nm=1

Is any of this related to Deanna - don't know - this happened in 1988 so the information is sketchy unless we can dig up some further information.

ETA: This guy is listed on the Texas Offender Registry

Do we need to check into this a bit further - this is NOT Deanna's friend Skip(per) White however, could this person be related to her friend. The age of the victim was 12 and the offense was sexual assault of a child. This guy goes by a couple of different aliases one of which is Skip White -also known as Gary Baldwin. This guy was born in 1952 and there appears to be conflicting information as to whether he was incarcerated or not and whether he is mappable(at least to me). Can somebody take a minute to see if you can determine if this guy was/is imprisioned and for how long. Here are the two sources of infomation:

http://search.criminalcheck.com/PDdetails.php?db=TXSOR_ALIAS_NAME&rec=7143&ed=186&dlnumber=CC&dlstate=CC&id=CC>WHITE,SKIP</a></td

http://www.familywatchdog.us/ViewOffenderDetails.asp?oID=TX1891374&aID=&at=1&sid={35136406-191D-450E-B1C6-6011B4AF150B}&sp=1&nm=1

Is any of this related to Deanna - don't know - this happened in 1988 so the information is sketchy unless we can dig up some further information.

ETA: This guy is listed on the Texas Offender Registry

https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/D...ex=Individual&IND_IDN=1891374&SearchType=Name

He's on parole right now. He got 20 years in 1988. Assuming he only did 1/3 of that, he would have been released on parole around 1994.

Did Skip White run away from home about the same time Deanna disappeared? Where did he go? Who did he stay with?

Also, I'm searching Skip on Vinelink - is Skip his real first name?

Could be either way I guess woof, but it certainly sounds like a nickname doesn't it?

Did Skip White run away from home about the same time Deanna disappeared? Where did he go? Who did he stay with?

Also, I'm searching Skip on Vinelink - is Skip his real first name?

I am not sure if Skipper is his real first name or not (Deanna's friend). His MySpace page is set to private and he is showing age 33 right now. I took a quick peek at Vinelink - didn't know it existed - wow, if Skipper's birthdate was known or real first name was known, there might be some information that may help. MissieMt has posted that she believes Skipper (friend) is incarcerated right now (you probably already picked up on that from previous posts).
Am going on a hunt for Skipper's birthdate ....... and thanks for joining the hunt for Deanna.

I'm wondering if they ran away together. I was thinking if we could find where he was incarcerated, somone could go ask him. I wonder if there was a group of these unhappy kids who went out on their own at about the same age. One of them might have an idea of where she went if she did run away. IDK, it's worth a look, I think

I'm wondering if they ran away together. I was thinking if we could find where he was incarcerated, somone could go ask him. I wonder if there was a group of these unhappy kids who went out on their own at about the same age. One of them might have an idea of where she went if she did run away. IDK, it's worth a look, I think

I agree, this is possible. MissieMt has stated that Skipper had been seen in Killeen some time after Deanna disappeared and then years later. Believe Skipper was incarcerated sometime last year -this part is a bit fuzzy.

I have found a Skip P. White born October 1975 which would make him 33 years old right now - I haven't found the day of the month yet though.

ETA: Is this enough information to find him on VineLink?

I'd have to go throught the old links, but (he) Skipper White (his real name) is currently incarcarated and is supposed to get out in Sept (I think). We had a post here somewhere about his prison info. According to Missie he has a girlfriend who is keeping up his myspace page.

I too think he might know more than we know, but it sounds like he tried to protect her from Roy in the past, so if he knows where she went, he probably did it to protect her. I cannot believe LE has not interviewed him yet, considering they know where he is and would have his undivided attention---he would be one of the TOP people on my list that I would interview if I were LE, considering Skipper had protected her from Roy before.

Okay, Skipper record has been found - drug related going back to 1997 when he would have been around 20 years old. Still in prison until tomorrrow (projected release date if I am reading this correctly). Here is the information as taken from this public site:

http://168.51.178.33/webapp/TDCJ/index2.htm

ETA: Note that in 1997 Skipper was in Williamson County not Bell County.

Attachments

• Prison record.jpg
    Prison record.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 24
Skipper was arrested in Williamson County on drug charges in 1997. There are no major cities that I can see in Williamson County but do notice that Rock Round is in Williamson County.

Where have I heard of Rock Round in this case before ..........where? It is twigging somthing in my memory but what/who?

Help JS - what is significant about Rock Round in Deanna's case - do you remember anything?

Round Rock is where part of our family lives now, good memory elepher!!

As far as Skip not being interviewed yet, HA! Well...I'll reserve my judgement (bite my tongue till it bleeds, again). Not sure what the hold up is on that one though.

As far as I remember though, and I might be wrong about this-Skip's father was not around (if you guys are thinking the above mentioned man was his Dad). It always seemed like Skip had all the freedom he wanted, so I'm not sure why he would run away.

Round Rock is where part of our family lives now, good memory elepher!!

As far as Skip not being interviewed yet, HA! Well...I'll reserve my judgement (bite my tongue till it bleeds, again). Not sure what the hold up is on that one though.

As far as I remember though, and I might be wrong about this-Skip's father was not around (if you guys are thinking the above mentioned man was his Dad). It always seemed like Skip had all the freedom he wanted, so I'm not sure why he would run away.

Thanks MissieMt ... so Skipper has not been interviewed yet .. I detected the trail of blood from you biting your tongue from thousands of miles away.... ouch ... ouch .. ouch. I am not convinced that Skipper ran away but rather maybe just left and maybe Deanna was with him or perhaps they hooked up again when they were 18/19 years old.
I am almost beginning to think that the sighting in 1995 which is in LE records may possibly be drug related.
Of course Missie, my thinking has been all over the map literally in trying to determine where in the heck Deanna has been and is now. I share your frustration but we shall trudge on.
Please do let us know if you get an answer on the "request for Deanna's school records".
Eleph

Elepher, you are great, your ideas are refreshing. I think Missie said the 1995 sighting was not criminal, so probably not drug related. Any LE or former LE that could help us figure out why LE from 1995 would have contact files for Deanna, but not criminal charges? I am thinking domestic violence victim, or similar victim; traffic (but I think LE told Missie not traffic); jaywalking, etc. Very frustrating that a man central to this investigation has not been interviewed yet and he is in the same darn state!! Maybe now that he is being released someone will be able to interview him. I think Skippers latest sentence was because of assault charges. Any chance. Missie. that he would have had access to Myspace in jail? Send him a message welcoming him home, LOL! :)

Thanks MissieMt ... so Skipper has not been interviewed yet .. I detected the trail of blood from you biting your tongue from thousands of miles away.... ouch ... ouch .. ouch. I am not convinced that Skipper ran away but rather maybe just left and maybe Deanna was with him or perhaps they hooked up again when they were 18/19 years old.
I am almost beginning to think that the sighting in 1995 which is in LE records may possibly be drug related.
Of course Missie, my thinking has been all over the map literally in trying to determine where in the heck Deanna has been and is now. I share your frustration but we shall trudge on.
Please do let us know if you get an answer on the "request for Deanna's school records".
Eleph

Someone needs to interview Skip, I think.

Oh yes, for sure Woof - somebody needs to find out what Mr. Skipper knows from around that time. If I was close, I would take him to a bar and get his lips loose. There is a list of people who should be interviewed - we should make a list so we can keep track.

Skip P. White
Roy K.
Uncle James
Uncle James wife
Grandma
Amy (oldest sister)
Bekki (twin sister)
Randy Clapp III
Boyfriend Michael (need to find out who this was)
Aunt in Virginia
Other Aunts (need to find out who they are)
School (to see if records had been requested)
School female friends (need to be identified)
Biological Dad has been interviewed I believe

Sadly both Deanna's mom and grandpa have already passed.

I stayed up far too late reading all 3 threads (Im new to this-sorry).
What is "niggling" at me is the tattoo issue & and the 1995 siting .Im very confused.
Are we 100% sure she was seen in 1995? This siting is per LE .Its unfortunate I know Missie cant divulge details of HOW she came into non-criminal LE contact.
I do find it interesting that apparently after this contact she was taken off the missing list.Is that just a coincidence? At anytime WHERE in Texas in 1995 she was seen be released?Id think that would help the case & Im confused as to why LE wont release it.

As for the tattoos.......
The Doe page makes it sound like she had the tattoos at the time she went missing(which was troubling).I wish that could be updated to say "there was a confirmed siting in 1995 in Texas.Its unconfirmed that Deanna MAY have had the possible,following tattoos". I think thatd end some confusion which may help.
Can it still not be said WHO claims she has the tattoos & why they say this?

FWIW I believe she was seen in 1995 & I really want to believe she is still alive.
Theres something about the tattoos that rings true to me & Id love to know where LE got that info from!

Oh yes, for sure Woof - somebody needs to find out what Mr. Skipper knows from around that time. If I was close, I would take him to a bar and get his lips loose. There is a list of people who should be interviewed - we should make a list so we can keep track.

Skip P. White
Roy K.
Uncle James
Uncle James wife
Grandma
Amy (oldest sister)
Bekki (twin sister)
Randy Clapp III
Aunt in Virginia
Biological Dad has been interviewed I believe

Sadly both Deanna's mom and grandpa have already passed.

Roy K. (stepdad, has been interviewed and polygraphed-or so I was told)
Amy, Bekki, BioDad and Grandma have all also spoken to Sgt.D. Also our cousin Glen was interviewed. Those are people I know for sure. Well, there's also the person who gave the tattoo info, but I still prefer not to name that person. They thrive on attention and I refuse to feed them that.

Thanks MissieMt for the interviewed update:

Skip P. White
Roy K. - polygraphed and interviewed
Uncle James
Uncle James wife
Grandma - interviewed
Amy (oldest sister) - interviewed
Bekki (twin sister) - interviewed
Randy Clapp III
Aunt in Virginia
Biological Dad - interviewed
Cousin Glen - interviewed
Unnamed Tattoo info person - interviewed
Mother - not interviewed prior to passing

Hot on my list would be:

1. Skipper P. White
2. Uncle James
3. School (to see if records had been requested)

Missie, do you know if your mom was interviewed before she passed - this may be painful for you so I apologize in advance.

Eleph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members