GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe nothing happened Saturday night, she got up early Sunday & went for a run and someone grabbed her.

One thing that worries me, she wanted to help the indigents. Wasn't she applying to work in the public defender's office & she wanted to help people on death row? Could she have "befriended" the wrong person while on a run?

I don't know. If evidence comes back that points to McD, I will feel more prone to look at that angle. Right now I'm just not "feeling" it. It's not making sense to me.

Great point on the Sunday run! And yes she wanted to help the helpless according to everything I have read.

I'm not sure how to post the link from my mobile. The web address. Is www.macon.com. local news. If can figure out how to post it from my phone I will asap sorry.

You're right, too, that it's unlikely McD could carry LG - probably not even 2' across the floor, let alone to the next apartment or down the stairs. That could be why he chose to dismember her - so he could completely dispose of the body. He would've needed to plan this murder carefully, in minute detail (and, as people here have noted regarding McD's interviews, he seems very focused on minute details).

A healthy 25 year old 6 foot tall male could most certainly move the body of a 140 lb or so female. Carry? Most likely yes. Move? Definitely.

The average healthy adult female could also move a 140 lb body if they had too. Sure it might involve dragging (if premeditated bring a little cart) but it could certainly be done. If it could be moved/dragged with reasonable effort... no one would whip out the hacksaw and spend lord knows how much time cutting the body up just because it is a somewhat lighter load.

Yes thugs is more common (at least in text when people are being polite). But these folks were lawyers that defended thugs for a living, they are supposed to be "progressive" and such hence the different not so stereotypical terms.

Also people please remember this kid JUST GRADUATED from Mercer Law School too! He is NOT some weird janitor that sits around all day doing nothing but obsessing over his pretty blond neighbor. He was EXTREMELY busy and working hard to graduate, then working hard in preparation of the bar exam! He has NO PAST HISTORY of violence, cruelty, unstable rude behavior, weird writings or diaries, etc....

I mean come on, is it really likely he thought "Hey I just worked my <modsnip> off for 3 years and finally graduated law school! I need to celebrate! Instead of going to Disney Land I think I will dismember my neighbor and then spend a couple of weeks in the Bibb County Jail as the prime suspect to a horrendous murder which I will likely never live down...which will probably ruin every chance I have of a successful professional life, and will taint me forever even if they do convict some other guy for the killing. It will be a heck of a good time and after THAT I will buckle down and ace that bar exam!"

You know, I have felt from the very beginning that McD did not do this. It just doesn't work for me. For one thing, I think he is an easy target. He is the only other person still living in the apartments so of course they will look at him. Also, I think he is being treated a bit unfairly because people consider him to be "odd". Also, if I remember correctly Lauren was a part of what I would consider to be "odd" message boards. I don't have any experience other than my own personal interest. I have a gut feeling though that this crime is even stranger and more complex than it already appears to be.

Another thing that really bothers me, is that even if it is proved that McD had no involvement in this at all, repairing the damage that has been done to his reputation will be a long difficult task.

Another thing that really bothers me, is that even if it is proved that McD had no involvement in this at all, repairing the damage that has been done to his reputation will be a long difficult task.

Well, you have to admit, that he played a role in destroying his own career/life by stealing from his neighbors. He admitted to it. http://www.41nbc.com/news/local-news/5632-mcdaniel-named-person-of-interest-in-homicide. And honestly, I don't think that he would be the target that he is right now by the media, if he had not done that obscenely long interview. He should have kept it short and sweet.

Not that it really matters because stealing is wrong no matter what it is. That being said, what was it?
Yes you are correct, he should have kept quiet. Some people do talk way too much. Neither of these things though make him guilty of murder.
It makes him appear a bit strange and socially awkward.

Not that it really matters because stealing is wrong no matter what it is. That being said, what was it?
Yes you are correct, he should have kept quiet. Some people do talk way too much. Neither of these things though make him guilty of murder.
It makes him appear a bit strange and socially awkward.

They haven't said what he stole, but they did say they were "personal" items.

If a person is socially awkward, why on earth would they be going to college to be an attorney? I don't get it.

Well, you have to admit, that he played a role in destroying his own career/life by stealing from his neighbors.

And honestly, I don't think that he would be the target that he is right now by the media, if he had not done that obscenely long interview. He should have kept it short and sweet.

First of all yes, I think the interview was one reason they locked him up (the other being lock up someone to keep the public calm). Shut that boy down he is talking about findings etc....

Secondly the "theft" thing is vague to an extreme, the boy runs his mouth. Maybe they asked if he had ever been in other apartments when the residents were not home, and then well when you were in there what did you do? They have charged him with "removing property without a owner's knowledge" and apparently they are holding him because they are trying to FIND the neighbor and any other previous tenants that lived there the last few years; ya know that can take time right? A whole lot of time....guessing the FBI isn't helping with finding the previous tenants and seeing if they wish to press charges!

The whole "removing property" is very very vague. McDaniel might have easily had friends in the apartment, people he hung out with frequently, played video games with until 3 am (or smoked pot and watched tv with, imo), the apartments he is accused of "stealing from" were unlocked. Property could be looking for a friend and seeing cookies and eating some, or needing laundry detergent cause you ran out and you know Dan won't care if you borrow some...who knows maybe using a tissue could be construed as "taking property without the owners knowledge".

They need to charge McDaniel or release him. Honestly McDaniel breaks my heart, I just want to give that boy a hug, he has had a rough life based on the little info available, he worked hard and did the right thing and succeeded big time....and then this happens. :(

They haven't said what he stole, but they did say they were "personal" items.

If a person is socially awkward, why on earth would they be going to college to be an attorney? I don't get it.

I thought the official statement said "items of little value" or something like that.

I listened to the WMAC interview that was posted in a prior message on here.
There is a decent time line we can assume
5/25 Saturday. At friends in the a.m.
6:30p.m. At Zaxbys drive thru
a lil after 10p.m.supposed email was sent
5/29 midnight? Friends come over to check on her
5/30 9a.m torso found near apartment area.
Why come looking for her at midnight?
What friends? Students? Running group? Drinking buddies?
Just doesn't make a lot of sense.
Also the le searched all over the area near the grocery store that Mcd mentioned and that is a large area. The cadiaver dogs got no hits there either.
No hits at apartment, Rosehill, near the grocery store area, seems like it is an area outside the city, or so it would seem. If Mcd did this he is a very very good actor. In my profession I have to listen to people and take inept interviews with them about certain situations and the ones that sound likeithchose he did are very rarely lying.

Hi all! Just got activated! I'm from the Macon area, and have been following this case closely.

Lomaker had mentioned a longer interview with McD, and I have the link to it. I was listening to WMAC-AM on Thursday morning, and I remembered hearing snippits from the interview, and that the police requested a copy of the tape from the woman doing the interview. This is an even longer version than what was played on WMAZ's website on the day of the discovery of her body. Tell me what y'all think. http://www.wmac-am.com/includes/news_items/6/463/7oclockhour.mp3.

Thank you for this link. I just listened, and I would be very surprised if this was not genuine. I don't believe he is acting.

Tomorrow I am going to transcribe this verbatim & will post it here for future reference.

Destini, that would be great if you would transcribe the interview with SM. Thanks to the original poster also! It is just a wow interview.
http://www.wmac-am.com/includes/news_items/6/463/7oclockhour.mp3

At this time...I think SM is responsible. I see some fishy hinky ramblings and I can not explain those away in my mind. If he did commit this crime I question how he cleaned the blood from his hair. I think his hair could clear him. He comes off as such an aloof guy, but he must be very smart, and smart enough to commit this crime and play it off.
Also I wonder if they took photos of his body. Surely LG would have fought back and left some defensive marks.
As for the evidence they have collected and being tested, is 74 items a large amount? I would think so and just where did they get all the evidence from?
JMO and hope we have the dna results back soon.

Totally different train of thought here but....

Laurel, Maryland (where Lauren is from) is 20 minutes outside of Washington DC. Remember the FBI has been on the case since day one. (google map it, see what comes up).

Is the FBI involvement due to Mercer big wigs calling in favors or due to the DC connection? The family (and well...everyone besides poor McDaniel) has been very very quiet...silent in fact. Running shorts and t-shirts....yet silent. Nearly 80 family members reportedly traveled to Macon for the memorial, that is lot of family members and that isn't cheap.

Did the killer expect immediate FBI involvement? The crime is very very darn bold, and the FBI...some of the best forensic experts/profilers in the world were on top of this case immediately. Coincidence?

Karen Giddings remembers her daughter&#8217;s intelligence, independent spirit
By JOE KOVAC JR. - jkovac@macon.com

She was the oldest of three daughters, an intelligent, driven big sister who, at age 27, was fun-loving and yet sentimental enough that she still treasured &#8220;Snowball,&#8221; a stuffed-animal bunny from her childhood.

She adored that rabbit. When she studied abroad in Bulgaria, the rabbit went with her. European customs agents tried to confiscate him. She, an attorney in the making, talked them out of it.

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/07/10/1626388/karen-giddings-remembers-her-daughters.html#ixzz1RgDukrsi
Precious memories of Lauren shared by her Mom.
Kudos to Joe Kovac, beautifully written.

Personal items could mean a razor blade, toilet tissue, a bar of soap, toothpaste, etc.

I've only been following the case for a few days but I would bet good money that it was women's underwear. It's a fairly "common" thing, and more importantly it's a theft that would be somewhat obvious to LE if found in the apartment of a single guy who is a bit of a loner, certainly something they would ask him about. Not so the toiletries listed above.

I've only been following the case for a few days but I would bet good money that it was women's underwear. It's a fairly "common" thing, and more importantly it's a theft that would be somewhat obvious to LE if found in the apartment of a single guy who is a bit of a loner, certainly something they would ask him about. Not so the toiletries listed above.

I tend to agree with you. It's not like McD would have just offered up the information that he'd gone into other tenants' apartments unless he was pressed. And what would cause the police to press him? The items would have had to appear out of place in McD's apartment.

If she were attacked out on some running trail then Im not sure why her body, or at least part of it, would be back at her apartment. The killer most likely would not kill her somewhere else, dismember the body then take it back to where she lived. I imagine if she were attacked out somewhere running, like Chelsea King, she would have been disposed of like Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie