FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
google earth shows that corner of debarry and gano as very busy, girl standing on corner waiting for school bus, folks riding bikes, and several cars stopped at stop sign, just at that corner.

The way this world is, I hate to let mine go to the mailbox. And, we live in a very small, low crime town. But, pervs are everywhere.
I'll just stick to my child thinking I'm annoying and over protective.
Safer that way. IMO
ditto.......

Maybe LE sent out a Call about her missing to the local neighbors? didn't they do that in the Haleigh case? Maybe the blogger thought it was an amber alert.

My daughters are now 18 and 20......but at 7 yrs old (still a baby to me!) I met them outside of school after being let out, and if they were going to a friends house, it was always pre-planned. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

There is no way I would allow a friend to come to our home without (especially at this young of an age) the parents knowing and giving permission. I guess I wasn't the most liberal parent.........

ITA, unless she has a friend who is hiding her at her house, My oldest pulled a stunt like that at age 12, her friend hid her in the doghouse, had police looking for her, we were out all night looking frantic, I was having panic attacks!! Her friends mom called me early in the morning to tell me my daughter was there, boy when I went and picked her up she WAS in the doghouse!!! She was mad at me for grounding her, so that was my punishment, needless to say she just had more privlidges revoked!!

jnTexas, that seems logical to me.

Times like this makes you realize how blessed you are if your child is tucked in a warm bed without a care in the world.

ok, all we know is Somer was on her way home from school, had a fight with her sister.
Sister and #? schoolmates run from Somer.
Somer never came home.
Nothing found like back pack........
anything else on news?

last seen at debarry and gano, so about .6 of a mile from home. i still think thats a long walk.

where would she hide, an abandon car, or boat.
bloggers saying helicopters have been up for hours, i hope they get the dogs out.

I can not imagine how it feels to not know where your child is. If they are cold, scared...
Praying for this little girl and all the lost children.

Another blogger is stating a friend's child was almost abducted from that area recently...

I hope that isn't true!

Temps around 50 degrees currently. Pretty nippy for us Floridians.

Maybe LE sent out a Call about her missing to the local neighbors? didn't they do that in the Haleigh case? Maybe the blogger thought it was an amber alert.

I wonder if that's what happened and the blogger just called it an Amber alert.

Bloggers stating there is a search going on at the Orange Park Jr. High School, in case we have any locals looking in who want to go there.

Another blogger is stating a friend's child was almost abducted from that area recently...

I hope that isn't true!

Oh no!
I hope it is not true. Maybe somebody just trying to stir things up a little. I hope so anyway.

I hope the little friends aren't afraid to tell the truth........
was Somer crying? mad?
Would she get in a car with a neighbor she knew?
Sandra Cantu and her monster neighbor.........
I can't help but think this right now.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth