Will Casey face probation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its really easy to say concerning we arent the ones that are made to do the probation the way it was intended but KA got one visit in a jail cell. Hardly seems fair or just. I keep hearing about KA constitutional rights what about the others constitutional rights.

No one has any rights but her. She will have to stand before God someday though, You saw the lightning incidents. Those were only warnings and maybe her DT ought to pay attention to that too. All of this celebrating won't go unnoticed.

IIRC if you are in solitary you get 2 days for every 1 day served in the calculations. ZThat was from during the sentencing, no idea how to find the quote tho

That brings up an interesting point on solitary and time served.IMO IF you ask for solitary confinement, it is counted as just a day for day item. If you are ordered into solitary confinement for any reason, it is a 2 for 1 deal on time served. Does anyone know if Casey was court or jail ordered into solitary confinement? Or did she ask for it???

Yes it is in the 60 day correctable time frame. And that is what he is after - I HOPE!

Oh Schu, I hope so too ! That "sentencing hearing" was all "messed up" with incorrect time served, etc., and it needs to be "straightened out" ...

JP clearly stated the 4 counts lying to LE to be served "consecutively" so how in the world could CFCA serve the check charges "concurrently" with the lying charges ? This needs to be fixed !

I would hope JP would do the RIGHT THING and correct it ...

But I have lost total faith in JP ... once again, an "Anthony" will NOT have to face any sort of "consequence" for their unlawful actions ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

That brings up an interesting point on solitary and time served.IMO IF you ask for solitary confinement, it is counted as just a day for day item. If you are ordered into solitary confinement for any reason, it is a 2 for 1 deal on time served. Does anyone know if Casey was court or jail ordered into solitary confinement? Or did she ask for it???

Well, she wasn't actually in solitary confinement, she was in protective custody and that must have been an OC Jail decision for her safety don't you think? I have no idea if a person gets to say "oh no thanks" if a jail wants to keep you in seclusion for your own safety from other prisoners...:waitasec:

Just once I wish one of these primetime pro-defense talking heads would look straight into the camera and tell viewers how they really feel about a little girl named Caylee Marie Anthony being betrayed first, by the very people who were supposed to look out for her (family) and second, by the justice system which failed to hold anyone accountable for her death by homicide then putting her lifeless, triple bagged little body in a garbage-strewn swamp to secretly, silently rot away.

One did!
Judge Pirro let her have it!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gl9xWRvmXU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gl9xWRvmXU[/ame]

If I hear "double jeopardy" one more time I'll scream. Please...if she had been dragged into jail to serve and now has to serve again I could see it. She was there ANYWAY! Probation was a perk, not a punishment. She got to get out of her cell the one whole time her PO met with her. Otherwise, she was doing nothing different than she would have!!

The sad part is the SA does not intend to ask for probation either. IF they even attend. So sad.

How about the bank attorneys? They paid Amy so maybe they have a slight interest? :twocents:

They had video tape...seems like that is what you have to have to get a guilty verdict...and that might be iffy.
Audio tape, apparently of Jeffs actually having sex with a 12 year old.... They also had the 15 year old mother whose baby had Jeff's DNA. That's plus one for TX, but still minus one because despite overwhelming evidence that this group routinely allows underage girls to be married to older men, that s apparently accepts pedophillia as a matter of course and out of which many adolescent boys are banished, abandoned, cut off from their families and emotionally abused to fend for themselves to allow a few men more wives, children were sent back unsupervised into this lifestyle.

Well, she wasn't actually in solitary confinement, she was in protective custody and that must have been an OC Jail decision for her safety don't you think? I have no idea if a person gets to say "oh no thanks" if a jail wants to keep you in seclusion for your own safety from other prisoners...:waitasec:

Yes, that is my point here. You can be in protective custody your your own safety. Either safety from yourself or safety from other inmates. Usually that is a 1 for 1 situation on time served. But if it is protective custody for the other inmates, then it is usually a 2 for 1 deal on time served. I have never heard any clarification on this important item.

And the public has the legal right to know here!

I agree and am so sad. Everyone so concerned about FCA's safety and no one kept Caylee safe or is being held accountable for her death.

Well we are about to find out if Judge Perry even knows who Caylee is. His ruling will show that. I sure hope he remembers what started this mess. A 2 year old innocence child death.

So KC had 13 felony counts reduced to 7, 4 counts of lying to LE with a maximum sentence and 1 year's probation all served within a three year sentence, minus the time she spent out on bond. Won't other prisoners want the same treatment??? jmo

I would hope if I got into a jam or anyone in my family, we can request KC type justice. Misty Cummings is no angel, but she's serving 25 yrs. for being caught with 100 pills?? Some type justice down der in Fla. :truce:

I would hope if I got into a jam or anyone in my family, we can request KC type justice. Misty Cummings is no angel, but she's serving 25 yrs. for being caught with 100 pills?? Some type justice down der in Fla. :truce:

Here in Colorado, Lisl Auman served 8 years for a murder committed while she was sitting handcuffed in the back of a police car. Our system is hosed all the way around. 25 years for drugs, 10 years for having ridden in a car driven by a guy who later shot a police officer. Freedom for the demise of a child. Whenever I hear someone talk about how great our justice system is, I want to scream!

Here in Colorado, Lisl Auman served 10 years for a murder committed while she was sitting handcuffed in the back of a police car. Our system is hosed all the way around. 25 years for drugs, 10 years for having ridden in a car driven by a guy who later shot a police officer. Freedom for the demise of a child. Whenever I hear someone talk about how great our justice system is, I want to scream!

As I understand the case, Lisl Auman should not have been sentenced to life but she has very dirty hands in the death of the Denver cop. I think she orchestrated the break-in, recruited and gave the gun to the guy who ended up killing the police officer. She had been caught and was in cop car with handcuffs but her accomplice was still trying to flee and used said gun to kill a Denver police officer.

Verdict of jury was guilty but was overturned based on jury instructions which included word "knowingly". I believe she served 7 1/2 years.

You are right though, Yolorado. There are far too many screw ups with the end result being a less than "best in the world" justice system.

I agree - it makes you want to scream. Recently what rings my bell is the: "You must respect the jury's decision".

As I understand the case, Lisl Auman should not have been sentenced to life but she has very dirty hands in the death of the Denver cop. I think she orchestrated the break-in, recruited and gave the gun to the guy who ended up killing the police officer. She had been caught and was in cop car with handcuffs but her accomplice was still trying to flee and used said gun to kill a Denver police officer.

Verdict of jury was guilty but was overturned based on jury instructions which included word "knowingly". I believe she served 7 1/2 years.

You are right though, Yolorado. There are far too many screw ups with the end result being a less than "best in the world" justice system.

I agree - it makes you want to scream. Recently what rings my bell is the: "You must respect the jury's decision".

She didn't kill the cop. She was sitting in police custody, in the back of patrol car, in handcuffs, when Officer VanderJagt was shot. The time she seved was probably about right for what she actually did. She was over charged because a wonderful police officer was murdered and Jaehnig, who shot him, committed suicide on the spot and couldn't be held accountable. Case hits home for me. I was on my way to pick up my kids from school when the police helecopter flew over my head. Several of my kids friends had attended the elementary school right next to where the chase ended and the murder occurred (while Lisl was under arrest and didn't shoot anyone). The kids attended one of the same schools that the Aumens attended and one my children knew her brother. One child's good friend was a neighbor of Officer VanderJagt and his family and my friends had been a neighbor of the killer's family (although, no joke, had moved because they didn't like having them as neighbors.) I have family in law enforcement and always have a problem with any violence directed against officers, but whatever Auman did that day, she didn't shoot VanderJagt.

The Florida justice system is seriously flawed! :banghead:

She didn't kill the cop. She was sitting in police custody, in the back of patrol car, in handcuffs, when Officer VanderJagt was shot. The time she seved was probably about right for what she actually did. She was over charged because a wonderful police officer was murdered and Jaehnig, who shot him, committed suicide on the spot and couldn't be held accountable. Case hits home for me. I was on my way to pick up my kids from school when the police helecopter flew over my head. Several of my kids friends had attended the elementary school right next to where the chase ended and the murder occurred (while Lisl was under arrest and didn't shoot anyone). The kids attended one of the same schools that the Aumens attended and one my children knew her brother. One child's good friend was a neighbor of Officer VanderJagt and his family and my friends had been a neighbor of the killer's family (although, no joke, had moved because they didn't like having them as neighbors.) I have family in law enforcement and always have a problem with any violence directed against officers, but whatever Auman did that day, she didn't shoot VanderJagt.

Thanks Yolorado. I can certainly see why it hits home for you. Sad and awful story. I didn't know the killer committed suicide. Thanks for your post.

Well we are about to find out if Judge Perry even knows who Caylee is. His ruling will show that. I sure hope he remembers what started this mess. A 2 year old innocence child death.

Judge Perry is going to go by the letter of the law and that is what he should be doing, imo. This should not be decided on emotion because KC was found innocent of a crime most feel she did.

He is going by case law only on this and he should. Also, even if he decides she has to serve (which is possible), they most likely will do administrative probation to protect her safety. She is being threatened constantly as are her attorneys - so if she has administrative probation, the people who are threatening her can thank themselves for it. I think Judge Perry did an excellent job on this case - it was a case that needed to be handled sagely and he did that. It is in no way his fault that the jury came back with the verdict they did.

That is how I see it.

Judge Perry is going to go by the letter of the law and that is what he should be doing, imo. This should not be decided on emotion because KC was found innocent of a crime most feel she did.

He is going by case law only on this and he should. Also, even if he decides she has to serve (which is possible), they most likely will do administrative probation to protect her safety. She is being threatened constantly as are her attorneys - so if she has administrative probation, the people who are threatening her can thank themselves for it. I think Judge Perry did an excellent job on this case - it was a case that needed to be handled sagely and he did that. It is in no way his fault that the jury came back with the verdict they did.

That is how I see it.

Yaknow, because of the way things turned out, I want to dislike JP...but somehow, I just can't do it. I liked the guy during the trial and I still like him now. I do think he bent over (probably a little too far) backward trying to have the case NOT overturned on appeal (quite possibly because he was very sure that she would be convicted.) I think he often scolded JA, when he shouldn't have because JA was completely in the right, just to even it up because JB rightfully needed so much scolding. But still, the guy tries really hard to do the right thing using what he has to work with in "the law." It comes through. Even though, I hate the KC verdict and will never understand or accept how our system allowed this travesty, I can't help but think JP did an overall good job under the circumstances.

As to the threats, what threats? I tend to think the serious threat thingie is way overstated. There are too many pro-defense spokespersons who seem to construe any disagreement with the verdict as a "threat" and are way too quick to throw around terms like "vigilante" and "mob." They need to read the constitution and get to know words such as "right to protest," and "freedom of speech!" I think there may have been a FEW credible threats which should be investigated and charges filed if appropriate. Have there been investigations and or charges? However, I think the DT is as guilty of "overcharging" on the threat issue as they say the prosecution was in charging KC.

As to the threats, what threats? I tend to think the serious threat thingie is way overstated. There are too many pro-defense spokespersons who seem to construe any disagreement with the verdict as a "threat" and are way too quick to throw around terms like "vigilante" and "mob." They need to read the constitution and get to know words such as "right to protest," and "freedom of speech!" I think there may have been a FEW credible threats which should be investigated and charges filed if appropriate. Have there been investigations and or charges? However, I think the DT is as guilty of "overcharging" on the threat issue as they say the prosecution was in charging KC.

I don't want to get off topic here and thanks for your post.

As far as threats go, one can go to Youtube and see the street trash outside of the KC home - one woman in particular who I think we have all seen telling Cindy to "shake it" was particulary disgusting.

Cheney's wife called the police over threats - the 911 call was played for everyone and his mother. I would agree that most of the threats are nothing, but you can never be sure and Perry has to take this into consideration. A woman's car was hit right after KC was released and it rolled over because she looked like KC.

This is what it is and there are lots of threats - it can't be denied. So now Perry has to take that into consideration. The Jurors were threatened and Perry read some of the threats when the media wanted the names released.

If she gets probation at all, it will be administrative and her address will be her attorney's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth