NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking about Zahra wanting a bike and not getting it because EB used her leg issue and learning to run, against her, makes me sad... I can't get that out of my head, tonight. I can remember being that age and riding my big ugly yellow bike around and around, like it was the most awesome thing ever. I so wish Zahra had been given that simple pleasure..

Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
Adam Baker told authorities that he panicked after the fire and didn’t immediately check on his daughter.

http://www2.journalnow.com/news/2010...say-ar-499832/

Really? When she was missing, he didn't sound panicked on the 911. Not buying it.

bbm~

What a contradiction!..OK, let me make sure I have this straight..he panicked after the fire and didn't immediately check on his daughter..I'll say..waiting 9 hours is definitely NOT immediate..but my question is this..'when he panicked' what the h@ll DID he do?..go hide under the covers?.. make sure his DOG was ok?..well, according to his own words on the 911 call..he and EB went back to sleep (without of course checking on his daughter :waitasec:)...Everyone goes back to sleep when they are *panicked*...duh..:doh:..what am I thinking?!..

This right here is keeping me awake tonight. If there was a fire anywhere on my property I would have pulled my kids out of bed and taken them across the street to await fire trucks while I was on the phone. I would want to know my kid is in my sight and away from the fire. Is that too much?

This father doesn't have just a fire but also a vandalized vehicle with a note inside threatening children. He still did not bother to even check her? How is that possible? :doh: It's no wonder a member of LE has publicly stated he does not believe AB.

IF by some bizarre twist he isn't involved and doesn't know what happened to Z... his utter lack of care and shameful "parenting" will still never leave my mind.

I hope everyone had a good Halloween.. :)
I wish the Grand Jury well...
I really think that Lisa Dubbs is working out a plead deal...
I think she had a hand in AB being arrested too...( her client has been arrested for outstanding warrants but yet AB has not.)
I think that EB had abused Zahra to her death., many days before the stageing.
I think Zahra was left to die on her mattress.. because the cowards wouldn't call for help because they knew they inflicted the damage or did nothing to stop it..
I say "they" because they were both in that house..
They had days to discard of evidence. Possibly enough days to scrub walls, floors, and repaint the room.. and find a top mattress.. :(
Everything else was a cover up.. maybe a last ditch effort to get money from the boss to help get (dead) Zahra back.....JMO.. and only a theory...
I wounder if AB's boss was giving them rent, electricity, water as well as use to the Tahoe as needed as part of his pay... and I wonder if Mr. Coffey may have said that he no longer needed AB, and wanted him to move out.. maybe it has something to do with the harshness of the ransom note... "Who's in control now...."
I've got to get some sleep..... Thanks for everyone's post..:)

Can anyone help me, no sure if it was here, but a book about the things the public never hear about?

Would be very appreciative!

This right here is keeping me awake tonight. If there was a fire anywhere on my property I would have pulled my kids out of bed and taken them across the street to await fire trucks while I was on the phone. I would want to know my kid is in my sight and away from the fire. Is that too much?

This father doesn't have just a fire but also a vandalized vehicle with a note inside threatening children. He still did not bother to even check her? How is that possible? :doh: It's no wonder a member of LE has publicly stated he does not believe AB.

IF by some bizarre twist he isn't involved and doesn't know what happened to Z... his utter lack of care and shameful "parenting" will still never leave my mind.

I've said from the get-go THAT /\ is what really gave me pause...especially when you add a ransom note in for good measure...Even IF it didn't dawn on AB to check on Zahra immediately after finding the fire and then the note, how dense (no disrespect intended to anyone) would one have to be..to NOT check on her after realizing that the bosses daughter/'the intended victim' was just fine...I mean really..I honestly don't believe that an adult could function in this world if that wasn't a DUH moment for them..

I had never read where AB said that he panicked and that was the reason he didn't check on her and when I saw your post and read the link..when I read it I was thinking.. dude, that doesn't even make sense...

Can anyone help me, no sure if it was here, but a book about the things the public never hear about?

Sorry Beagle, I'm not sure what that is..but it sure sounds interesting!

I just read this article... and I'm gonna say something that I rarely say, but:

What a witch EB is.
it is atrocious what that poor child went through DSS workers who went to that trailer should be investigated
how many other kids are living in abusive homes, that these people investigated? I am appalled with all those witnesses, school officials even, reporting this and nothing was done.

Follow the money...

I think there's more to this than simply an abusive stepmother who killed Z in a rage, buried her in the garden and didn't report it for a couple of days. If that were the case, I think AB would have given her up already.

Regarding how Z was allowed to move here from Oz, having gone through US Immigration Services myself, I would say EB and AB married because they had no choice if they wanted to move Z to the US. The application for permanent residency is made by the US citizen, not the person immigrating. EB could apply to bring AB into the country as a fiance, but unless they are married, there's no relationship between Z and EB, so AB couldn't get her in. It takes a long time to get the permanent residency, even for a spouse. I don't know about NC, I'm in a different state, but I'm guessing maybe 2 years. They almost certainly arrived on the visa waiver program, which as has been said, is a tourist, non-working visa, with a maximum of 6 months, although more likely they came in on a month visa only (see below). Once in the US, EB could then apply for a change of status and start the long haul to getting a green card. AB would be totally dependent on EB during that process, although after a time a spouse can divorce and still have rights to stay in their own right. I'm not sure how long that is, or if AB would even know about it. Also, the whole process is quite expensive, with filing fees and so on, maybe around $1,500 for the two of them.

A December arrival fits with Z ending her Australian school year before the move. The main school vacation in Australia is January, being high summer and equivalent of our August, so the new school year starts after that. It also wouldn't raise any flags at the US border, since many families move around at Christmas time internationally. However, US Immigration knows a child needs to be in school, and one of their jobs is to make sure children do not illegally register in public (Australian translation=state) schools at taxpayer expense, hence they could only get Z through on a tourist visa of a few weeks, without raising flags.

As for AB's status, it's possible he is working off the books, because he may not even have work authorization yet, not sure if that's known or not. It would depend at what stage in the process they might be, or even if they started it, but almost certainly it would have been a cause of friction between them. The whole system is designed to be as difficult as possible to get through (same as most countries I might add, so I am not having a go at US particularly, it's just the way it is). If EB was involved in anything illegal, even if AB was clean, that could be a HUGE problem. If you're writing bad checks, or involved in drugs, you're not getting a green card, and even if you already have one, you can be deported. Even a misdemeanor is a problem, so he's almost certainly not going to be allowed to stay if he's found guilty of any of these current charges, aside from the bigger question of what happened to Zhara.

I can't help feeling what a dreadful shame AB didn't stay in QLD, it's so beautiful there, I know the area. Like everyone else, I'm praying that Z's found soon and that all the unanswered questions are answered so the family can find peace.

In my heart, I'm hoping it was something as simple as an accidental drug overdose - that she experimented with someone else's drugs and died instantly by accident - and that now they're just being silly trying to cover it up. That's because I can't bear to think of that beautiful child being treated cruelly and such a bright star being extinguished so young. Bless her.

My 2 cents.

Some good points there netsleuther. I think they need to find the missing car so we can put that aspect aside. Is it possible she was taken away in the monte carlo and the leg was thrown out of the window on route to destination???

Then why are they turning the house and yard upside down? It doesn't make any sense

To me it makes sense that LE are pulling the house apart and ripping the yard up, I applaud them for doing that.

For me the part that doesn't make sense is EB and her dodgy ransom note and whoever came up with the Monte Carlo, it's either real or not.

Second of 2 parts:

http://www2.journalnow.com/news/2010/nov/01/stepmother-abused-her-neighbors-say-ar-499832/

Neighbors said that Baker injured her hand when she was beating Zahra and hit the prosthetic leg. Baker told her husband she’d fallen and broken the hand, Bobbitt said.

I have no words - this is just pure evil.

MOO

Mel

This child would not even have been receiving chemotherapy if her cancer was in remission. How on earth could a black eye be attributed to chemotherapy and a caseworker believe it? Why would a caseworker not know this?

So many failed opportunities to remove this precious being from the abuse--it is nauseating.

From the article above:

"Bobbitt said she saw DSS workers visit. "Lisa tried to tell them the chemotherapy was giving (Zahra) the black eyes," Bobbitt said."

Follow the money...

I think there's more to this than simply an abusive stepmother who killed Z in a rage, buried her in the garden and didn't report it for a couple of days. If that were the case, I think AB would have given her up already.

snipped

Yeah I think he would have probably run EB off the road or communicated threats towards her if she done that. :p

CSI would not search on the first visit to the house because they have no search warrant but they sure did do a visual inspection noting what evidence to focus on once that warrant was ready. This sometimes can take a week or more. Once they got the warrant and they went in there, the already knew what the house looked like inside before they searched so therefore they can tell what has changed and hasn't changed. If more clean up took place etc.

They notice placement of furniture:
How clean the house is:
Any foods out, dinner table set, lunch anything like that;
They notice smells, cleaning, blood (smells like metal)
They look at clothing if laying around
You name it you can bet they took a big visual inspection before that did the actual physical inspection.

My guess when they went back there they did notice some major differences, they look and took footprints, fingerprints, pictures, and used the UV light to find fiber evidence that isn't seen very well with the naked eye.

They also noted what paper work, bills, mail and such, and they have all that now too.

If it was as simple as Zahra walking out and getting in the car, the investigators would know that lead and follow it. They would have an all points bulletin out on that car!

They did not do that why, because they have evidence that Zahra is dead, and that evidence had to be compelling because Cops are very careful and would not come to that by just a small piece of evidence. We do not know what that is!

Zahra take drugs that might be in the house is also not a logical conclusion in the case either as stated above. Sorry don't mean to sound like I'm picking on anyone. I am glad you're all thinking out of the box.

My opinion is this will be a long case, it could take months before all that physical evidence is done.

Some evidence will go to the fiber expert lab, and after they examined it and wrote their detail finding, then it could go to another lab, and they test for DNA, then they do their report. How many of you are aware of red tape? A report sitting on the desk until the other one is done then it gets mailed out or sent to the lead investigator on the case.

It isn't a matter of like on TV, CSI does the investigating and evidence collecting and analyzing. You have the investigator, the person who collects the evidence then you have the lab that analyzing it. However, some of the ones who collects evidence could be trained in blood spatter and will test it. It is a lot involved!

Just don't expect answers any time soon. I suspect over the next weeks we will hear a little bit, but being how LE has been so tight lip, I wouldn't hold out on that either.

Just my 2 cents!

Crime scene evidence collectors do a very methodical search, any thing they think could be evidence they gather. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't take in over 400 pieces of evidence that has to be analyzed. Even with the FBI helping that is still a daunting task and they have other cases too.

The one thing I am sure of is that they had STRONG Compelling evidence that showed Zahra died. You all know this because think about how they are very careful in not even calling someone a suspect when we all can see clearly they are. So the police will not call it a homicide if they didn't have good reason to.

They will fast track the major pieces of evidence like the mattress, the leg, and body parts if they found, or a whole body. The other stuff in the house, if it is compelling yeah but if not...it is not rushed. This case will be solved, but LE and FBI are being over cautious too hold the integrity of this case so the person or person's involved will not get off on a technicality.

OH and standard procedure in evidence collecting at a crime scene is to take pictures of any all all person outside of the crime scene tape. Perps are known to visit their crime scene, mostly though those are arsonist.

I remember that. I think it was here on Websleuths. I was going to write down the name and look it up, but got side tracked.

Darn. And it sounded like it would be interesting, too.

I've said from the get-go THAT /\ is what really gave me pause...especially when you add a ransom note in for good measure...Even IF it didn't dawn on AB to check on Zahra immediately after finding the fire and then the note, how dense (no disrespect intended to anyone) would one have to be..to NOT check on her after realizing that the bosses daughter/'the intended victim' was just fine...I mean really..I honestly don't believe that an adult could function in this world if that wasn't a DUH moment for them..

I had never read where AB said that he panicked and that was the reason he didn't check on her and when I saw your post and read the link..when I read it I was thinking.. dude, that doesn't even make sense...

They don't seem like the family that would sit at the table for breakfast or dinner together either.

Honestly if I saw a Fire Truck outside I would run to my kids and say, "hey kids check this out, there's a big red fire truck outside" Even when I hear idiots doing burnouts up the street I go searching for my kids to see where they are. But that's me.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHSgshvtiKM[/ame]
mark 2:00 watch his face!

If I was AB and I had a role in this....I would come clean, and strike a deal with them. The longer he stays lawyered up and if found to be involved in time he will say to himself. "Why didn't I just come clean in what I knew"

If he knows what is best because a lawyer is not going to get him off LE is so on this case like I've never seen. They are after the perps and they will let that evidence they collect speak for Zahra!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!