Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here

If you can't post something due to TOS or other forum guidelines, then please don't post about what you can't post. For example, "I'm thinking something but I can't post it here."

Thanks,
BeanE

Please see JBean's post regarding posting of images and pictures here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4958970"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Copyright Reminder[/ame]

Thanks!
BeanE

Posting essentially the same thing more than two times is spam, and is against the guidelines.

Going from thread to thread and posting essentially the same thing means you are not only spamming, but going off-topic in thread after thread. Posting off-topic is also against the guidelines.

I'm having to spend way too much time moving off-topic posts to the thread where they belong, and asking everyone to stay on topic. You've all now been here long enough, and seen enough of my requests, that you need to start being more careful about making sure your posts are on-topic.

Before you hit Submit, look at the thread title, and take a second to think about whether you're in the thread where your post fits. If not, copy it, go to the thread where it does fit, and post it there.

From now on, posts that are spam and/or off-topic will either be deleted or moved to an Off Topic Posts thread.

Please be considerate of your fellow sleuthers by keeping our threads on-topic and spam-free.

Thank you,
BeanE

A number of Gabe related FBs and sites have been created by persons whose sites are banned from WS. It is not always readily apparent on the Facebook or other website that they are associated with these persons.

Therefore, if there is a link to a Gabe related Facebook or other website you would like to post, please do not post the link - instead, PM me the link to review, and I'll let you know if the Facebook or website can be posted.

Also please remember, that if we can't post a link to a Facebook or website on WS, we can't discuss the content of it.

Thank you for your cooperation -
BeanE

A number of Gabe related FBs and sites have been created by persons whose sites are banned from WS. It is not always readily apparent on the Facebook or other website that they are associated with these persons.

Therefore, if there is a link to a Gabe related Facebook or other website you would like to post, please do not post the link - instead, PM me the link to review, and I'll let you know if the Facebook or website can be posted.

Also please remember, that if we can't post a link to a Facebook or website on WS, we can't discuss the content of it.

Thank you for your cooperation -
BeanE

Bumping. A thread was started in which this guidance was apparently forgotten.

There hasn't been much activity in Gabe's case for a while, but the rules here in his forum haven't changed. Please review them if you've forgotten what they are.

You can't get around the rules about not posting Facebook screencaps, and not discussing FB posts that have been deleted, by linking to screencaps on another site. :nono:

Also, if you are having conflicts with other people on Facebook or elsewhere on the net, please don't post about them here. This forum is about Gabe, and is for discussing his case.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM myself or JBean, or post your questions here.

Thanks!
BeanE

Rumor is information that has no credible source to substantiate it, such a mainstream media article or video, or a court document.

We don't post and spread rumor here on Websleuths. We support information with links to credible sources. That's what makes Websleuths a cut above other true crime forums and websites, and that's a big part of why our members and guests come here.

If you would like to post or discuss information that has no supporting MSM or court document link to support it, please PM the information to myself or JBean, along with links to whatever information you do have, and we'll review it to see if it can be posted for discussion.

If you have any questions about this or any guidance or rules on WS, please don't hesitate to PM myself, JBean, or Tricia.

Thanks!
BeanE

I have a question, and I apologize if it has been answered elsewehere, I haven't found that information. :blushing:

If we find and post a valid (MSM, LE etc.) link to a missing persons case resolved - either found safe, alive, deceased - what are we supposed to do? Or aren't we supposed to do anything else, and a moderator or admin will find it sooner or later, and move the thread to the located area?
Thanks so much for clearing that up for me. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back