Who was George Brody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found that searching for any Brody's with an August 15th birthday. I think I dismissed him, because no one answered my question about any noticeable scars on GB's forehead, (So I assumed he had none) and the fact it said he was married and was much older than GB claimed to be.
That one younger picture of GB has a printing sample, but IIRC the printing on the registration card was done by the official taking the information...it was the same on several I looked at in that area of PA
Sorry not to answer sooner, iW. I've been transferring stuff from my antique computer and have gotten behind. I don't recall any scar, and none is visible in the photographs. I hope you get an answer from all those posts!

I found that searching for any Brody's with an August 15th birthday. I think I dismissed him, because no one answered my question about any noticeable scars on GB's forehead, (So I assumed he had none) and the fact it said he was married and was much older than GB claimed to be.

That one younger picture of GB has a printing sample, but IIRC the printing on the registration card was done by the official taking the information...it was the same on several I looked at in that area of PA

Some reports shows this Michael Brody was born 8-15-1894

Brody, Michael WAS BORN ON 08/15/1894

IN 1971, RESIDED AT:

Tunkhannock, Wyoming County, PA, USA, 18657
AND PREVIOUSLY RESIDED IN the state of PA, USA

AND SOMETIME BETWEEN 1955 AND 1957,
PROBABLY RESIDED in PA

DIED ON 01/00/1971

SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER 205-30-1444
AND WAS ACQUIRED in PA

Some reports shows this Michael Brody was born 8-15-1894

Brody, Michael WAS BORN ON 08/15/1894

IN 1971, RESIDED AT:

Tunkhannock, Wyoming County, PA, USA, 18657
AND PREVIOUSLY RESIDED IN the state of PA, USA

AND SOMETIME BETWEEN 1955 AND 1957,
PROBABLY RESIDED in PA

DIED ON 01/00/1971

SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER 205-30-1444
AND WAS ACQUIRED in PA

Thanks SherlockJr, Probably not our guy, I'll delete him from the photobucket. Though, I just have this feeling that Brody faked his death the first time, and I think he did it after he received his fair share of SS benefits. I think it was Dr Doogie who suggested that Brody might have had dual identities at one point, and I am beginning to be a believer of that particular theory, (at least until he met up with MK). I can't see him giving up on "free money".

But then again, maybe he wasn't as smart as we think he was. Maybe George Brody was just a plain rich kid pain in the butt, and his Daddy gave him everything he wanted until he ticked him off one day for doing something stupid. (Paris Hilton comes to mind for some reason...LOL) George, never having a job and no money of his own, became resourceful and used his charm to survive when Daddy cut the purse strings. :waitasec:

... after some very interesting conversation with a genealogical researcher, he informed me that the father and brother of someone I've been looking at as a possible Brody, committed suicide together to end their suffering from a chronic illness. The fathers name was Robert F. Brady, the bother was a George Robert Brady, b. 12-24-09 (Listed as Brody on the 1910 census). Leo is the surviving brother. (the possible Brody)....

The above mentioned man is NOT Brody. I found a niece (daughter of one of Leo's sisters) on classmates. She was not amused with my very delicate, politely asked questions. She did NOT like me poking my nose in her family business...AT ALL. She about came unglued when I mentioned a relative of hers, (with the same last Italian name as hers), who was born in 1967 and named Anna. :eek: This Anna had a fake address on Zabasearch. It was actually a dance studio. Still all pretty strange.

I have a feeling there are a few ties to this family I just a soon stay far away from. I will not be contacting them again.

Hoping you are still a member here Joe, haven't seen you pop in for awhile. Going back reading some earlier posts, I have a couple questions:

Joe Ford
user_offline.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieJane
Joe, thank you so much for posting. Your family's dedication to finding Anna is inspirational. I know the 33rd anniversary of her disappearance passed recently, and I feel a lot of hope reading Doogie's posts that this case will be solved some day soon.

Will you share any theories you have about what could have happened to Anna? Do you give credence to Anna's brother's report of the couple in the car? I think the key lies in Brody's background... Did you ever met him? What was your impression?

As regards meeting Mr. Brody: I knew of him from Annasmom but had never met him until after Anna's disappearance. More on this at a later posting.

In regards to Anna's brother's report of a car stopping and attempting to get Anna inside: Remarkably, this is the first that I have heard of this. I, also, am awaiting details from her brother. I agree that this could be the key to unraveling this mystery. The revelation of this event owes itself to the open dialogue engendered here.

As for theories, like all of you I have had to keep an open mind and consider all posssibilities, however painful or grotesque. Three scenarios lend themselves to this case: a. family abduction, b. non-family abduction, c. other. Amazingly, with all the investigation into each of these catagories and countless hours of speculation I must agree with Annasmom- they (the theories) are all as likely as they are unlikely. Not a shred nor a scrap nor a sign points in a specific direction.

With your help maybe we can change that here.

Have you met George Brody face to face and spoken with him?

Also, after reading your blog again, how many nights or weeks would you say you spent in the hotel listening and watching the two George's?

Hoping you are still a member here Joe, haven't seen you pop in for awhile.

I saw Joe viewing the forum last Friday, so he is still involved. I think that he checks in about once a week, so hopefully we will hear from him soon.

I was playing around with SSDI. I put down a birthday of Aug 15, 1923 (the same date that was found in GW's posessions as GB's birthdate. We all know there is no way that GB was born in 1923.) I put down the birthplace as Massachusetts. I left the name field blank as well as everything else.

One interesting name popped up:

WARREN DALZELL
15 Aug 1923 Dec 1981 last residence: 02167 (Chestnut Hill, Middlesex, MA)

It's probably not him because his last residence was listed as Massachusetts but the death date really caught my attention.

I saw Joe viewing the forum last Friday, so he is still involved. I think that he checks in about once a week, so hopefully we will hear from him soon.
Just want to assure you all that I am very much still here and that I read each and every post on the forum. Since I now reside on the East Coast, and am an early riser, most of you will miss me here as I tread back and forth through your postings...pondering probing questions and wondering if there is anything significant that I could add.

I am continually amazed and eternally grateful for all of your hard work and countless hours spent on behalf of Anna and her family. If any of you have a question for me, please do not hesitate to post it here or PM me at anytime.

Hoping you are still a member here Joe, haven't seen you pop in for awhile. Going back reading some earlier posts, I have a couple questions:

Have you met George Brody face to face and spoken with him?

Also, after reading your blog again, how many nights or weeks would you say you spent in the hotel listening and watching the two George's?

SherlockJr, first let me congratulate you for your continued dedication in the search for Anna. You have persevered with boundless energy and clarity of mind where others, myself included, have faltered. Thank you.

As to your questions:
No, I had never spoken with nor been introduced to George Brody although I had been in his presence (unbeknownst to him) on many occasions. When I first met Annasmom the two Georges had cutoff all contact with her. This was the case until their deaths.

It is difficult to say how much time I spent watching and listening-in on the two Georges. Suffice it to say, countless hours of monotonous hours spent waiting for a significant comment by either of them became mind numbing. Nevertheless, it did offer an unique perspective into their daily routine and their relationship.

I concluded that George Brody was an ageing megalomaniac and that George Waters was his tragic disciple.

Joe, In light of the mention of Damron in Waters notebook, looking back in your surveillance of the two, do you think it had any significance in their relationship?

Joe, In light of the mention of Damron in Waters notebook, looking back in your surveillance of the two, do you think it had any significance in their relationship?

Only, perhaps, as a red herring. There was no indication, whatsoever, that their relationship was anything other than heterosexual.

Just want to assure you all that I am very much still here and that I read each and every post on the forum. Since I now reside on the East Coast, and am an early riser, most of you will miss me here as I tread back and forth through your postings...pondering probing questions and wondering if there is anything significant that I could add.

I am continually amazed and eternally grateful for all of your hard work and countless hours spent on behalf of Anna and her family. If any of you have a question for me, please do not hesitate to post it here or PM me at anytime.

Glad to see you're still with us Joe and thank you for your answers and insight. Since my shift change at work, I have changed from a nocturnal animal to a rooster who's up before the crack of dawn.

Didnt we talk about Brody possibly being a traveling salesman?

Annasmom Did Brody enjoy smoking cigars or ever talk about Cigars?

Al Remp- A Cigar Man’s History - part 1
Who is Al Remp? We asked Al to document his history so you, the blog reader, could understand his importance in cigar history...

It all began with Roitan Cigars- 1960 in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia, - placing Roitan in any and all retail outlets- following the direction of George Brody- probably the best salesman I have ever met.....

more here...
http://cigarblog101.blogspot.com/2006_09_01_archive.html

GraceBlue:

This might be our Brody, but there is also a different George Brody who lived in PA and who is about the same age.

Didnt we talk about Brody possibly being a traveling salesman?

Annasmom Did Brody enjoy smoking cigars or ever talk about Cigars?

Al Remp- A Cigar Man’s History - part 1
Who is Al Remp? We asked Al to document his history so you, the blog reader, could understand his importance in cigar history...

It all began with Roitan Cigars- 1960 in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia, - placing Roitan in any and all retail outlets- following the direction of George Brody- probably the best salesman I have ever met.....

more here...
http://cigarblog101.blogspot.com/2006_09_01_archive.html
I never saw him smoke and never heard him talk about cigars, so I doubt this is the same Brody---but you never know.

We are trying to figure this one out also.

There is a listing for what appears to be a spouse of Brody that may be Margaret. There also is a listing for a deceased husband for Margaret. Neither of these bits of info fits with what we know (or, at least, what we think we know). As soon as we can make some sense of these, we will post the info.

Did you ever come up with a definite conclusion in regards to a possible former wife of Brody? This would be very helpful. Does the name "June" ring a bell?

Did you ever come up with a definite conclusion in regards to a possible former wife of Brody? This would be very helpful. Does the name "June" ring a bell?
I have never seen any indication that Brody was ever married. The name "June" doesn't suggest anything to me, but those who have looked more closely at the possibles on the genealogy sites might know something.

Were the records of investigation by the S.M.Sheriff's Dept. ever obtained? And in particular, the detectives notes? I know they questioned G.W. but did they also question G.B.? I should think that, under the circumstances they would have asked for I.D. Did they report the details of their surveilance? Anything you can share here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker