WA WA - Joseph Pichler, 18, Bremerton, 5 Jan 2006 - Child Actor - #2

*note to self * read entire thread before posting response...

Sorry, I see Believe touched down on this already....

Not sure if this is the reason OR what email program you're using. But I know with some, if you're sending out a "mass" email (all addresses in one email) And just ONE addy isn't correct or is no longer in service it will cause your server (the one you're using for email) to reject the entire outgoing message. Does it say anything when it rejects it being sent? Or while you're inputting addresses?

Thanks Jinxie, I use AOL and yes, I did put all the email address on one email, I just copied and pasted from one of the posts here and copied and posted two of the letters that were suggested (by sherry or sharon). I didn't really double check the addresses, so you are probably correct. Sometimes it just says "sending email message to" and then nothing happens and sometimes a box comes up saying something about an error (can you tell I'm computer illiterate". I'll have to pay more attention next time or send the emails one by one.

Hi Beavis Mom-
I use Yahoo and Outlook both, and havent had any problems- If you are still having the same problem Beavis Mom, I will re-send you the links with ONLY the ones that are correct- I know this sounds dumb, but there are 3 on there that arent correct, and after you send your doc., and you get an error message stating which were invalid- I will correct and re-post Thursday after I send my letter again! If you are still having problems, PM me and I will see what my DH says- he is the computer genius! :)

Thanks Chico. Please PM me the links. Strangely I don't get an error message stating which addys are incorrect but I had a feeling some of them might have been wrong. Don't know why my AOL mail wouldn't have told me that though. I would appreciate any help, as I told Jinxie, I'm pretty computer illiterate (I'm great at work processing though!) so keep it simple for me! I'd love to get those letters out and do what I can to help.

Christine,

Your PM box is full. : )

Deb

Thanks Chico. Please PM me the links or email me. Strangely I don't get an error message stating which addys are incorrect but I had a feeling some of them might have been wrong. Don't know why my AOL mail wouldn't have told me that though. I would appreciate any help, as I told Jinxie, I'm pretty computer illiterate (I'm great at work processing though!) so keep it simple for me! I'd love to get those letters out and do what I can to help.

Beavismom, just a quick "warning" I'd go back and edit your post - space out your email - space it out, etc, otherwise it can be picked up by "trollers" that browse sites looking for email addys to spam...and noone likes that LOL

Here is another link which I found helpful-this is a lengthy forum about Joe Pichler as well with some different angles that have been explored from some of the angles here. There is some good information about ferry times etc...
http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?msg=18833&nav=messages&webtag=ab-crime

This is from John Douglas' Mind hunter forum, also discussing the "underground" feeling that Joe was unhappy being back in Bremerton. Some of these posters appear to be locals:
http://www.johndouglasmindhunter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=44789

I closed the thread at about.com and started a new one. Here is the new link:

http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?nav=messages&webtag=ab-crime&tid=18977

I hope this new one goes better than the last one.

I don't know if it's been checked out 100% but they could have been sold on

Ebay
Craigslist
Through a gaming shop
Through local networks
Through any magic the gathering event
my ex used to purchase them at flea markets back in the early 90's from people that were getting out of the game etc.

The card thing throws me though - IF this crowd was bad, and into some questionable behaviors, why not take the car, and have it chopped and shopped? Much more valuable then the cards (The reason I say that is because it would take a "special" buyer..IE someone who WANTS the cards, not just the average/everyday person...even with chop and shop of cars, there's an open market, parts, body work, after market parts, scrap the frame etc..)

The checks..Not sure about bremerton, but I know in Detroit, you can go into places w/ no ID and cash just about any type of check, again, you may have to know someone but if it was the type of crowd that had those connections, someone could have lifted the checks and probably had a nice chunk of change etc.

IMO the cards are maybe just a smoke screen...

Jinxie, what checks? IIRC, there were checks still in his apartment that were left there, even after his cards were "stolen" from both his aprt and his car. You are right though, if any are missing and this is a small town, it shouldn't be that hard to cash them, if there were any that were missing. For some reason, I think the cards are somehow the key to it all. Which is why no other valuables (car, checks, etc) were stolen, only the cards. Sure the cards had some monetary value, but I have to wonder what other kind of value they could have had for the players? Starviego had some good questions about the cards and the games and how it is played. As I said in a prior post, it sorta reminds me of the old Dungeons and Dragons of years ago. Remember how many crimes were committed during playing the game or while in character? I'm not sure if MTG is the same sort of game, but that's what it reminds me of. But you're right, they could very well be a smoke screen, but for what? If he was murdered, what could possibly be the reason, if it didn't have something to do with the cards? (whoo, what a long post!)

Beavismom, just a quick "warning" I'd go back and edit your post - space out your email - space it out, etc, otherwise it can be picked up by "trollers" that browse sites looking for email addys to spam...and noone likes that LOL

Ooops! Told you I was illiterate! Thanks a bunch. :doh: But, umm... umm.. could you please edit yours to me to get rid of my addy? (Or can that be done in a quote?)

I closed the thread at about.com and started a new one. Here is the new link:

http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?nav=messages&webtag=ab-crime&tid=18977

I hope this new one goes better than the last one.

Hi, Deb! Yeah, you're right, there was definitely someone with a 'tude over there! I'll have to go and check out the new one. thanks. I receive quite a few about.com newsletters, but I never really checked it out, I didn't know that they had msg boards over there. Pretty cool.

Hi, Deb! Yeah, you're right, there was definitely someone with a 'tude over there! I'll have to go and check out the new one. thanks. I receive quite a few about.com newsletters, but I never really checked it out, I didn't know that they had msg boards over there. Pretty cool.

We'll be glad to see you over there. : ) You're welcome anytime. I think the more we can get Joe's story and picture out, the more chance there is of getting answers for his family.

Jinxie, what checks?

No noone cashed them (at least not that I've seen/heard/read) I was getting at something else that could have been "taken" for value easily and disposed of easily (like the car, tv, computer etc) vs the cards and the specialized buyer he'd require.

And how easy it would be to cash them even w/ them being made out to Joe. (IE - the no id needed check cashing places)

Duh I'm having a dork moment - I did edit out your email address - thank for pointing it out LOL!

Hi believe,
I am ashamed to admit I partook of the sniping....I threw down the olive branch, and will *try* my best not to get caught up in "last word" arguments. I am sorry to you guys also, There probably is some good info in the middle of the drama.......I can't help but think it would be great if everybody got along and helped each other.

And, as I come back and see my own quote, I should have done better. :hangs head in shame:

Trying not to look like an idiot, but I've waited months to ask and I can't wait any longer.... umm.... could someone please tell me what it means when you "bump"? (tee, hee, hee - sounds kinda fun!) :loser:

Trying not to look like an idiot, but I've waited months to ask and I can't wait any longer.... umm.... could someone please tell me what it means when you "bump"? (tee, hee, hee - sounds kinda fun!) :loser:
You "bump" a thread or a post to draw attention to it again...

Hi guys,
There is a thread going about a man named Robert Brown missing here also. It is heartbreaking...Do you guys think you could help his family out also? He is missing, and his family really needs to find him for some closure. I don't know the details, I just told his sister how great you guys are, and offered your services.:blowkiss:I hope that is OK, I just know she touched my heart, and she needs help too. I told her to come here and tell her story, so maybe she could get some help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back