All Things Jose Baez Questions, Comments, Actions , Discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love me the opportunity to say once again that Casey insists she caught him from another inmate.

IIRC, as far as representing Casey ...she asked when she was arrested and in jail if anyone knew a lawyer, or could recommend a good lawyer (HA! Who's sorry now??).
I don't believe we ever got any REAL specifics of who it was that gave her info....like the person's name, etc.

I also remember hearing about her getting his business card from some waiting area in the jail...can't say if it's a fact or part of the story.
This theory would make more sense to me of how she got his name. And I think he represented mostly hispanic people because he himself is hispanic, and he knows hispanic people and he speaks Spanish fluently, and he was probably referred hispanic clients because he was very comfortable with hispanic people being able to speak fluently with them. IMO KC probably obtained his name at the county jail either by an inmate or by an employee.

IIRC, as far as representing Casey ...she asked when she was arrested and in jail if anyone knew a lawyer, or could recommend a good lawyer (HA! Who's sorry now??).
I don't believe we ever got any REAL specifics of who it was that gave her info....like the person's name, etc.

I also remember hearing about her getting his business card from some waiting area in the jail...can't say if it's a fact or part of the story....or just someone making a joke.

I have problems with both of those theories, based on his previous clientele. Since passing the Bar, what type of "marketing" did Jose utilize to solicit clientele?

We know it wasn't internet traffic, since his website never really had working links..... (and from what I have seen on his website, he doesn't appear to advertise himself as the "spanish speaking attorney")...

If his technique is to make business cards available at the jail (or posted on a bulletin board in the waiting area), why are there no Asian, Jewish, African American, etc soliciting his services? Is his "advertisement" written only in Spanish so that only hispanics can read it?

And who would she have asked in the jail? I would assume it would be against employee policy to refer attorneys to inmates, and I thought that KC only had access to employees of the jail during her booking before being sent into secluded confinement?

Nope...I am still not buying it. I think someone SENT Jose to the jail to see KC to offer his services. I think she told CA another "half-truth"....

Going to see when Jose's first visit (in relation to her booking) to KC is logged at the jail....

I have problems with both of those theories, based on his previous clientele. Since passing the Bar, what type of "marketing" did Jose utilize to solicit clientele?

We know it wasn't internet traffic, since his website never really had working links..... (and from what I have seen on his website, he doesn't appear to advertise himself as the "spanish speaking attorney")...

If his technique is to make business cards available at the jail (or posted on a bulletin board in the waiting area), why are there no Asian, Jewish, African American, etc soliciting his services? Is his "advertisement" written only in Spanish so that only hispanics can read it?

And who would she have asked in the jail? I would assume it would be against employee policy to refer attorneys to inmates, and I thought that KC only had access to employees of the jail during her booking before being sent into secluded confinement?

Nope...I am still not buying it. I think someone SENT Jose to the jail to see KC to offer his services. I think she told CA another "half-truth"....

Going to see when Jose's first visit (in relation to her booking) to KC is logged at the jail....

Bolded is what I think to. This is what I posted on another thread:
KC told her parents (in a jail house visit) that she got his name from another inmate. I don't believe that. She as much as called the inmates slim balls so I doubt if she talked to any of them------the inmates called her dirty names (don't member where I heard that). One of my BFF's thinks somebody from Fusions probably sent him over to her. But I really doubt if she got him on her own. My money is that he went to her---somehow.

BTW-If you go watch the jailhouse tape again, you can tell she is lying to them.

I also remember hearing about her getting his business card from some waiting area in the jail...can't say if it's a fact or part of the story....or just someone making a joke.

Casey was and continues to be in "secluded" or "protective Custody" She does not interact with other inmates. No way she received his name or card from another inmate and no way did any one as an employee of the jail give her the name of an attorney (no referrals).

I know from my experience in NYC...the ambulance chasers would wait outside the court room for the defendants first apperance before the judge and SOLICIT the family. Excuse me, someone you know need an attorney?

BTW-If you go watch the jailhouse tape again, you can tell she is lying to them.

I could tell she was lying the first time I watched it! LOL

At her very first court appearance, the one the day after she arrested for neglect, Jose is not with her. She had a rep from the public defender's office, a woman, I believe with her. Not sure who she was or how he got chosen - that's just my observation.

Does Jose speak Spanish fluently?

So, if she was referred to JB by an inmate when she was in holding...who would that have been? Wouldn't it show in the OCCOC records, who he was representing at that specific time?
If she wasn't referred to JB by an inmate then how the heck did those two hook up?

I could tell she was lying the first time I watched it! LOL

At her very first court appearance, the one the day after she arrested for neglect, Jose is not with her. She had a rep from the public defender's office, a woman, I believe with her. Not sure who she was or how he got chosen - that's just my observation.

Does Jose speak Spanish fluently?

Yup! He sur do. In fact he is more impressive when he speaks Spanish, well--to me anyway. To bad I don't speak Spanish but he seems more relaxed and doesn't seem to studder. Seems like he is more sure of himself. Maybe it is when I understand his words, they hit my brain sideways.

"Does jose speak fluent spanish?" Like a slick, smooth one time hit artist Rico Swavay. With his current stomach problems I feel he hears the words of Ricardo Monteban, 'It's better to look good than feel good." I'll get back on task for this thread. Enough of the silly!

Bolded is what I think to. This is what I posted on another thread:
KC told her parents (in a jail house visit) that she got his name from another inmate. I don't believe that. She as much as called the inmates slim balls so I doubt if she talked to any of them------the inmates called her dirty names (don't member where I heard that). One of my BFF's thinks somebody from Fusions probably sent him over to her. But I really doubt if she got him on her own. My money is that he went to her---somehow.

Does anyone else remember that thier was also a rumor Casey went to school with Jose's daughter and that's how she met him?

Yup! He sur do. In fact he is more impressive when he speaks Spanish, well--to me anyway. To bad I don't speak Spanish but he seems more relaxed and doesn't seem to studder. Seems like he is more sure of himself. Maybe it is when I understand his words, they hit my brain sideways.
Yeah, he can con people better in spanish !!

Ha ha Mama ... you said it all ... he is more impressive when you can't understand the language he is speaking!!

I wanted to add to this discussion a couple of things that might be helpful to know. Advertising is a slippery slope for attorneys. Two of the biggest "No Nos" is any form of advertisement that can lead to "in person solicitation" and "overreaching" solicitation. For example, we are not allowed to leave business cards, flyers, pamphlets, etc. anywhere for the purpose of soliciting potential clients. We also cannot participate in uninvited in-person visits or conversations directed to a specific potential client.

I'm not saying that Baez didn't employ these tactics ... just that it would be unethical and subject him to discipline by the FL Bar. We all know that it wouldn't be the first time he has stepped over an ethical boundary!!

Does anyone else remember that thier was also a rumor Casey went to school with Jose's daughter and that's how she met him?

I thought it was proven that this was unfounded and that his daughter actually went to school and graduated in Miami?

Have any of the "players" used him before?

That's one of the things I am looking at now. Got the idea when I was looking at the OC records for traffic court and discovered that one of the defendants he negotiated a plea for (minor) was most likely related to his paralegal (back in 2008) as they had the same, unusual last name.

Hello WS :)

It's only been about two weeks that I have not read much in the Caylee forum. I admit I needed a break, but as many here can relate, you don't stray too far. Today I saw the (Go!) Astros were posting re: Caylee and went to take a look. Songline(thank you!)has a post that was originally by Angel Who Cares(thank you too!)re: that video of Caylee in her high chair while no one says a word to her. Did I miss that while I was gone? Did you guys talk about that? I didn't go looking for the thread yet, other than first page but I will...obviously if Angel posted it you guys know...duh. :bang:

Well, all of that is to explain how I came across this video that I hope will just show the link and not the whole big box on the post(I don't know why that happens sometimes and sometimes not?).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ona0eXTYz0"]YouTube - Belich Calls Baez Out[/ame]

(Big Box: how do I make this not happen?)

If you guys have seen this I am sorry. This is new to me. I love Kathi Belich. What a professional! The first I have ever seen.

Will she still get to cover this story if there is a change in venue?

I can't stand it! HA! "Why do you keep complaining too much coverage when YOU are the one calling the press?"(paraphrased) :woohoo:

Why don't All journalists ask questions like this? WHY? (sorry, everyone, just very excited at how this professional did her JOB.) :blowkiss:

Thanks Chiquita71!

When was that from? KB is great....it's a question I would have loved to ask Baez myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth