SC - Sincere McCray, 17 mos, starved to death, Sumter, 2 March 2009

Father, Mother Sentenced in Baby Starvation Case

Sumter, SC (WLTX) - A Sumter man and woman have been sentenced for the death of their child, who investigators concluded died of starvation.

Kevin Isaac, 26, and Sharnise McCray, 24, appeared in court Monday morning. They had agreed to enter in guilty pleas on charges of homicide by child abuse. After accepting the pleas, the judge sentenced McCray to 29 years in prison and Isaac to 25.

more here - including links to previous coverage

http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=84592&catid=2

For the life of me, I do *not* understand how baby/child killers do not get LWOP when they've tortured their children via starvation. :mad:

While I also think they should have gotten LWOP, I am glad that they did get some hard time and I was happy to read that the children were put up for adoption instead of being given to family members.

Father, Mother Sentenced in Baby Starvation Case

Sumter, SC (WLTX) - A Sumter man and woman have been sentenced for the death of their child, who investigators concluded died of starvation.

Kevin Isaac, 26, and Sharnise McCray, 24, appeared in court Monday morning. They had agreed to enter in guilty pleas on charges of homicide by child abuse. After accepting the pleas, the judge sentenced McCray to 29 years in prison and Isaac to 25.

more here - including links to previous coverage

http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=84592&catid=2

For the life of me, I do *not* understand how baby/child killers do not get LWOP when they've tortured their children via starvation. :mad:

this is what happens whenn the state and the judge accept a plea deal sadly.

unless they are making a deal to avoid the death penalty, most wont plead guilty for life in prison :(

oh and the mom gets the oscar for best actress fo her fainting act

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back