Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
now we need to get some contact information for some hunt clubs, outdoor shops, or even gun shops around that area and find out what's next to get this cookie baking...

Heres a link for hunting clubs in and near Georgetown SC, but most of them are not near the area of LE hunt for BD,all these clubs are leased and my brother is over one of them,i can tell you now his club no were near ,santee,or Mcleville,,,most all these clubs are swamps etc,,,,and i truly feel (MOO) that if bd body was there a year ago these hunters would already found her,,down here deer season is from Sept first till news years day,this be the 2 hunting season since bd went missing,,,,i feel **If ** shes in that area,it be on someones personal private property,,,,i just hope soon we hear more news!!!,,and i can say BD was on every tv station in SC last nite!!

link to Georgetown hunting clubs

!http://www.meadwestvacohunting.com/HuntingLeases/ClubsLookingForMembers
Hutson hunting club (my brothers)

Dearman & Smith Hunt Club
Richard Smith • 8435457085 • ripkenmantlefan@aol.com

Tract Acres County/State
7610090-Sampit ( Sampit ) 328 Acres Georgetown Co.,SC

this would be about only one close to santee area its in edge of sampit

This question will show how much I don't know about hunting, but do all hunters need to get a license every year they hunt? and where do they have to go to obtain them? Could we place fliers at places where hunters have to go to get their licenses? Maybe ya'll are way ahead of me on this. Do they have to get their licenses at these gunshops, sporting good shops? It would be great to put that picture of the top they think BD had on the night she disappeared on the flier so they could be aware of the colors involved. What a unique and wonderful idea. Thanks MLatta.

This question will show how much I don't know about hunting, but do all hunters need to get a license every year they hunt? and where do they have to go to obtain them? Could we place fliers at places where hunters have to go to get their licenses? Maybe ya'll are way ahead of me on this. Do they have to get their licenses at these gunshops, sporting good shops? It would be great to put that picture of the top they think BD had on the night she disappeared on the flier so they could be aware of the colors involved. What a unique and wonderful idea. Thanks MLatta.

Strawberry,
Down here in SC you have to have a hunting/fishing license sometimes ppl buy a one year lic,and they have to be gotten threw Columbia, some stores do sale lic but not often,,if you have a crimnal record you can't get a gun lic,,,,

yhis link tell you how,where and cost of lic here in sc..

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/licenses/huntinglicense.html

I'm glad you guys are formulating some great ideas :)

Targeting anyone who *might* cross the area of interest is ideal, I think.

WM, yes, I think it would be an educated guess to assume that Brittanee is located in the area where her phone last signaled and where her sunglasses were found. We do need to face the sad reality. The odds are not in Brittanee's favor at this point, and if we try to ignore the facts, we're not going to get much of anywhere. Since this is a homicide investigation, the best thing that could happen would be to locate Brittanee and let her life be honored the way it should have been, and not in the way it most likely was.

Later tonight or tomorrow when I have more time to spend online I will try to catch up better and maybe look for ways to target the people that might pass through the areas that Britt might be at. That said, I think our target here is going to be very minuscule, if not nonexistent, because if she was somewhere people frequented, she would have already been brought home.

How often to the park rangers at the FMNF patrol their grounds? And to what extent? Who found the other girl's body that was located here (I'm sorry, her name escapes me right now)? Do the park rangers know what to be on the lookout for -- specifically, what her shirt and purse look like? I hope that the people that work on these grounds have been educated about this case at least to the extent that they know there is a young girl missing in the area and that she might be located within their property.

That's all I have for now. It's dinner time. Hope you all are staying dry!

I am not familiar with the area at all since I am not a local, but I wish I were for ideas. My main worry after looking at many maps on bing is that wherever she is won't be discovered as easily as the body of the young woman murdered (Shannon McConaughey) in 1999. It seems like in that case the perpetrators didn't make any effort at all to conceal the body. In this case, it seems like the guilty made a real effort to make sure Brittanee was never found, or her belongings (cell phone, purse).

Are there some areas that nobody would likely ever venture just because they are too remote? I have never even set foot in a real forest so I can't imagine how anybody could ever cover that kind of acreage. Sorry if I sound pessimistic as I know eventually we will get some real answers. I just think that the only way we will find her is if someone comes forward. I enjoy reading all of your thoughts and comments.

I've been having computer problems lately and am using a backup so I haven't had much time for WS these past few days. I will be checking in when I can for updates.

I wish we knew where the T clan property is so we can check maps for the proximity to Francis Marion S.P. and the Santee area. Is this something that is public information and where would we check to find out? I think it would be okay since ST was arrested in the RM's abduction which was in MSM. Also the latest article referred to the POI's as suspects so I think it would be ok to sleuth in order to identify target areas in case our latest efforts pan out.....

Sorry, I'm not good with maps and my time is limited right now so this is just a brainstorming idea.

MOO wm

I had ST's home address at one point. I forget where I got it from. I looked it up on the maps, but didn't pay attention to how close in proximity it was to other locations. Is this something you folks would be interested in me pulling back up?

I will try and go back through the postings that were going on around the time of the attempted kidnapping of the girl from Tn. I am sure we have that address and/or map posted somewhere from that point and it should not be too awfully hard to find. I will have some extra time tonight after dinner and my husband falls asleep watching TV LOL. I'll post it when/if I come across it.

I am not familiar with the area at all since I am not a local, but I wish I were for ideas. My main worry after looking at many maps on bing is that wherever she is won't be discovered as easily as the body of the young woman murdered (Shannon McConaughey) in 1999. It seems like in that case the perpetrators didn't make any effort at all to conceal the body. In this case, it seems like the guilty made a real effort to make sure Brittanee was never found, or her belongings (cell phone, purse).

Are there some areas that nobody would likely ever venture just because they are too remote? I have never even set foot in a real forest so I can't imagine how anybody could ever cover that kind of acreage. Sorry if I sound pessimistic as I know eventually we will get some real answers. I just think that the only way we will find her is if someone comes forward. I enjoy reading all of your thoughts and comments.

Hi Soul!

Sadly, MOST of Georgetown, McClellanville, and Awendaw are woods. There aren't 'some areas' that are too remote. Most of the entire area is too remote. One drive through this area is enough to overwhelm you with all of the possible places Brittanee--and other missing persons--could be.
Shannon wasn't 'not' hidden to my knowledge. I know her car was found, burned, in McClellanville...but SHE was found in the woods in Awendaw....very near where Brittanee's cell last pinged.
If Brittanee is in the woods somewhere, I don't know that they will ever find her. If you just open the map I posted above and 'drive' south down I-17 a few miles, you'll see Awendaw, SC, just on the other side of McClellanville. You will also see the hundreds of miles of forest surrounding the area.

Most people DO NOT know about this case. They may have heard Brittanee's name before...but just ask your friends and family....no one has heard about this case...nor do they know that it's likely that Brittanee is somewhere in Georgetown County. On a bright note, I think it is VERY likely that if local hunters and fishermen/women were TOLD to be on the lookout for Brittanee...if they were TOLD about Brittanee's case, about where she is suspected to be....I think it's pretty likely that we'd have a LOT more eyes and a decent chance of finding her.
But FIRST, we have to get the word out to hunters and fishermen! DNR officials would be a great resource....both to remind hunters AND to look for themselves!

soap box:
I don't think it's a coincidence that Shannon, Crystal, Randa, and Brittanee were all abducted while walking in busy, populated areas, that Shannon, Crystal, and Brittanee have all been linked back to the Georgetown/Charleston county line...and that the Taylors just happen to live in that same area, were arrested for involvement in two of those cases, and had a vehicle in their yard that is believed to be tied to yet another homicide. McClellanville is WAY TOO SMALL of a community to have this many murders and missing people tied to it.

Here is an approximate map. It includes ST's residence (which is just off of 7 mile rd where the first CUE search took place), where the sunglasses were found, and Corner Loop at Belladonna Ct (second CUE search).
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...9.40712&sspn=0.014538,0.0421&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=15

Thanks for the map. The sunglasses were found at point A on your map correct? What is the significance of point C for a search, Belladona Ct., which is heading north across both Santee Rivers? It seems most logical to me that she passed by there, but would be found closer to her sunglasses, which were south of the South Santee. Or maybe I am missing some facts. I also noticed that Awendaw is a straight shot about halfway between ST's home and North Charleston, where Shannon was abducted. Not to be graphic, but it would seem that someone who does something like this wouldn't want a body too close to their home residence to avoid any suspicion. Does anyone know how ST's family was linked to Shannon's murder in that case? I couldn't find exactly how.

It does seems that hunters and fishermen are one of the few chances of finding her. Is there a lot of hunting in this area? It doesn't seem to be a very densely populated area at all, very few homes to see from the online maps.
Thanks

Thanks for the map. The sunglasses were found at point A on your map correct? What is the significance of point C for a search, Belladona Ct., which is heading north across both Santee Rivers? It seems most logical to me that she passed by there, but would be found closer to her sunglasses, which were south of the South Santee. Or maybe I am missing some facts. I also noticed that Awendaw is a straight shot about halfway between ST's home and North Charleston, where Shannon was abducted. Not to be graphic, but it would seem that someone who does something like this wouldn't want a body too close to their home residence to avoid any suspicion. Does anyone know how ST's family was linked to Shannon's murder in that case? I couldn't find exactly how.

It does seems that hunters and fishermen are one of the few chances of finding her. Is there a lot of hunting in this area? It doesn't seem to be a very densely populated area at all, very few homes to see from the online maps.
Thanks

I don't want to speak for krista, but I'll help out here since I have a few minutes of free time :)

Point C on the map is a place where a search for Brittanee took place. It was named in a video news piece. I know they had search dogs out at this location. Am I making up the fact that maybe the dogs hit on a particular scent at this place? That rings a bell with me, but it might just be false hope.

The T-clan was linked to Shannon's murder because one of ST's brothers was originally arrested for it, but let go for insufficient evidence. Even though, if I'm not mistaken, he confessed to it. Or maybe his buddies just spilled all the deets.

I don't know why I can't decipher facts v. rumor right now. It's been a tough week it school -- I'll just chalk it up to that. Someone else can step in here if I've said something wrong.

In addition to 'Disappeared' coming on Monday, news sites are covering the fact that the show is coming on. This is double publicity for the case and I think that's a good thing. Here are some of the locations that have printed this story. They all basically say the same thing.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=519959

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20100930/NEWS01/9300357/1002/NEWS

http://www2.counton2.com/news/2010/sep/29/drexel-case-featured-national-cable-tv-show-ar-893623/

http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=13231102

http://www2.scnow.com/news/2010/sep/28/drexel-case-featured-national-cable-tv-show-ar-890482/

Thanks

Both you and LLLindsayy are correct.

Here's the map again just for reference: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...33.232801,-79.415188&spn=0.029076,0.0842&z=14
Point A: Is Just Southeast of where 'knock off sunglasses' were found. These glasses are LIKE Brittanee's glasses. They were never definitively linked to Brittanee. (I think the general consensus was that they are likely hers...as who else would have 'prada' sunglasses in the deep forest??)

Point B: ST's address....centrally located to all of the found items, phone pings, etc. Also, exact address where 'vehicle linked to another unrelated homicide in Charleston' was found when ST was arrested.

Point C: Corner Loop Rd at Belladonna Ct is where CUE most recently searched for Brittanee...back in Dec/Jan. LE went back to this same area and searched on a dock around this same time period. There, Dogs cued in on something...but nothing was definitively found at this site. Just prior to this search, around mid-December, LE stated that they had a few 'POI's' and 'new evidence'. So far, we haven't been able to link the Taylor family to any houses/docks in this area....though it's deserted enough and was late enough that there may not need to be a direct connection...just an abandoned/unused house and dock.

I also noticed that Awendaw is a straight shot about halfway between ST's home and North Charleston, where Shannon was abducted. Not to be graphic, but it would seem that someone who does something like this wouldn't want a body too close to their home residence to avoid any suspicion. Does anyone know how ST's family was linked to Shannon's murder in that case? I couldn't find exactly how.
Thanks

Great questions!
First, I think you give these guys way too much credit. I think they are idiots. EVERYTHING they've done thus far has been incredibly stupid. They have luck on their side--so far--but seriously...they literally tried to abduct a girl from the same exact spot they abducted Brittanee just a year prior. They took Shannon and her car just a few miles from their home. They forgot to get rid of or turn off Brittanee's phone until it was just a few miles from their home. They left a vehicle related to a homicide on their own property.
These guys seem to have a couple of things they do well. I think they split up 'goods' from their crimes. I think they drop their stuff at different locations to either throw off LE or to just so no one area has ALL of the evidence. I think that they do NOT hide bodies. I think Brittanee, if a victim of this family/group, is placed somewhere similar to Shannon. I think she is just off of a roadway. I DO NOT think these guys went trampling through the woods to bury or hide any body/evidence. I think she is off some dirt road or back road that leads to some fishing hole or hunting grounds. I don't know about where you live...but these guys grew up in this area. When you are bored and when you are poor in this area, you'll often find yourself riding around backroads...seeing where they lead, finding the best fishing spots, checking out animal traps, your hunting stands, good 4-wheeling spots, etc. (wow I sound like a redneck!).
I'm sure they know ALL of these dirt roads, backwoods, rivers and creeks...but so do local law enforcement, hunters, and fishermen!
IMHO

Great questions!
First, I think you give these guys way too much credit. I think they are idiots. EVERYTHING they've done thus far has been incredibly stupid. They have luck on their side--so far--but seriously...they literally tried to abduct a girl from the same exact spot they abducted Brittanee just a year prior. They took Shannon and her car just a few miles from their home. They forgot to get rid of or turn off Brittanee's phone until it was just a few miles from their home. They left a vehicle related to a homicide on their own property.
These guys seem to have a couple of things they do well. I think they split up 'goods' from their crimes. I think they drop their stuff at different locations to either throw off LE or to just so no one area has ALL of the evidence. I think that they do NOT hide bodies. I think Brittanee, if a victim of this family/group, is placed somewhere similar to Shannon. I think she is just off of a roadway. I DO NOT think these guys went trampling through the woods to bury or hide any body/evidence. I think she is off some dirt road or back road that leads to some fishing hole or hunting grounds. I don't know about where you live...but these guys grew up in this area. When you are bored and when you are poor in this area, you'll often find yourself riding around backroads...seeing where they lead, finding the best fishing spots, checking out animal traps, your hunting stands, good 4-wheeling spots, etc. (wow I sound like a redneck!).
I'm sure they know ALL of these dirt roads, backwoods, rivers and creeks...but so do local law enforcement, hunters, and fishermen!
IMHO

Ha, ha, I did grow up in the country, nothing like this area, but I used to drive around when bored to see where dirt roads led just for the heck of it. But when I think of rural, I think of farms, which this area isn't at all. So I realize there probably are some areas that nobody goes just because there is no reason to. I do agree with everything you said. I don't think these guys are smart at all. The only thing that baffles me is if she is in the open like you said I would think she would have been found by now unless there are fewer hunters, park rangers, etc. that patrol than I am imagining. I realize this area is huge, but if somebody is out in the open, somebody has to discover this sooner or later I would think. But, like you said, whoever did this knows the area like the back of their hand after living their entire life here maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong