LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once the scene is checked at Whiskey Bay, I expect that the LEOs should let the Cajun flotilla head into the Basin. That's the most effective way. There are a lot more Cajuins with boats than cops with boats. Of course, during Katrina, the Cajun flotilla was turned back at N.O. and not allowed into the city to save people. Let's hope that sort of mentality doesn't rear its head again.

though... again.... any fool perp with a boat to take her out there wouldn't have dumped the bike.

talk about man-hours being spent this last week! hope he's not getting off on it.

Why is no one talking about this in the scanner forum? I don't understand the scanner and codes, so I rely on people in the scanner forum to relay if they can. Husband would also tell me I'm getting to worked up about this case if I was listening to the scanner (too late).

Not aimed at you ktgirl, but just jumping off your post for a general reminder: We are not supposed to post the actual scanner talk in the main thread, I think -- only goes in the scanner thread.

Refreshed after some popcorn with chocolate chips.

Bring on some clues!!!!

I think the case will drag on. Just seems like all the cases with the small blond girls tend to go cold. Jmo, i hope I'm wrong.

PLEASE CONTINUE OUR DISCUSSION OF THE MICKEY SHUNICK CASE HERE:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7974901#post7974901"]LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 #6[/ame]

The bike could be a ruse to draw off resources... to what end? I'm still pondering this.

I'm trying to put my self in the perp's shoes. A girl on a bike is missing. I'm leaving Lafayette with a girl and a bike. In some ways, a girl is more easily concealed in a truck than a bike, if unconscious. And maybe the bike is in the back, and a red flag. Separate girl from bike, and now you have a girl, but not the red-alert girl/bike combo.

Think about pulling over to dump bike at night as I head toward Baton Rouge. There is very little traffic.... but I'm afraid that with my luck, the moment I pull to the shoulder on the Basin Bridge, someone comes up behind and sees something. So I remember Whiskey Bay, and how desolate it is. Then I start down the deserted exit. but then I get paranoid that there might be someone down there to see. And there's no other exit for quite awhile. I rush to a decision and stop on the exit ramp - jump out, toss the bike over the side, cringing at whatever noise it may make, then drive through the boat ramp area, freaking out and looking around, then get on the on-ramp and get the hell out/.// with Mickey still with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288