Identified! TX - Austin, WhtFem UP11410, 20-40, on lake shore, Jun'13 - Magda Warski

Carl's Post #1

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/austin/police-seek-help-identfying-woman-found-dead

47f5b160-a5f3-46fa-adc6-62f315ad1c7c.jpg
b378ffef-cbd5-45ca-865e-3fd6af91a9e0.jpg
88483422-d554-462c-8df6-a9e9a0401dc3.jpg

Police seek help identfying woman found dead

NamUs UP 11410

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11410

Unidentified White Female

Found June 25, 2013 at Lady Bird Lake, 600 River Street, Austin (Travis County) TX

Vital Statistics

* Height: 61" (5 feet 1 inch)
* Weight: 120
* Hair: Straight Long, Brown
* Eyes: Brown/Hazel colored
* Tattoos: A tattoo of “Semper Fi” and an eye and cross figure is on the left shoulder. A tattoo of “Fideli Certa Merces” and an eye and cross figure is on the right shoulder. There are no distinguishing scars.
* Clothing: She was wearing two socks, jeans with a belt, a sports bra, jacket, two shirts

Condition of Remains

* Est. Postmortem Interval: 1 day

Circumstances

* Comments: On 6/25/13 at approximately 0838hrs, a kayaker on Lady Bird Lake found the decedent on the shoreline. No ID, vehicle, or other identifier was in the vicinity.

Identifiers

* Dental: Available (will be entered later)
* DNA: Available - Not yet submitted
* Fingerprints: Available (Prints have been run through APD, AFIS, and FBI w/ no hits. Prints sent to latent w no hits and no hits via FBI manual comparison. )

https://identifyus.org/en/home/error?reason_action=show&reason_controller=home

I wonder if they have identified her?
Can't get into the NamUs link for her...Permission Error....

I just saw this posted today on my Facebook page. (From the Doe Network) When I clicked on the link that was given and couldn't access it I thought maybe they'd identified her, and I'm glad to see that that was the case.

I'm very interested in learning the name of this woman and the history behind her tattoos..

I'm also glad that her family, wherever they are, will know where she is now.

So glad she has her name back. I hope she can find peace now. Poor thing.

She must have been so tormented and thought the only way out was suicide, which is so sad. If she would have only known how many strangers cared about her enough to find out who she was to give her name back to her. She is at Peace now. RIP sweet lady.....

RIP, Magda/Meghann.
So, Austin police believe it was a suicide, but they don't know how she died?? What's that about? How can they rule it a suicide if they don't know the cause of death?

She was on leatherneck.com and last active on that site 6/11/13... Said hobbies were running, swimming, metal

I believe she also took a fire fighter exam in the city of San Antonio but I couldn't locate her name in the 24 page document on my iPod so ill have to look tomorrow.

Poor thing. After researching her name it looked like all she wanted to do was be in the Marines or a firefighter, and when she was honorably discharged and did not pass her firefighter's test, she lost hope :( RIP Magda.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4

@Astrid..her name was on that list.. Towards the end. She scored a 70 something.

@Astrid..her name was on that list.. Towards the end. She scored a 70 something.

Thank you for finding it!!!

Have you found anything about honorable discharge?

It looks like she was from Finksburg Maryland a graduate of Westminster (MD) High School, Class of 2006, and she was into long-distance running.

Her DOB was listed as 8/8/88.

What an awesome bday :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member