GUILTY WV - Sheila 'Kathy' Goble, 62, Charleston, 24 April 2010

5CentsWorth

The Proof is in the Pudding
Reaction score
According to a news release, Kathy Goble was last seen around 5:30 p.m. Saturday leaving Kelley's Mens Shop. A family member tells WSAZ.com Goble works at Kelley's Mens Shop.

An employee at Kelley's Mens Shop tells WSAZ.com Goble was always prompt for work and when she didn't show up for work on Monday, it was very out of the ordinary.

The news story is at:

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/92146189.html

I wonder how they know her car was left beside the freeway as early as 7:00 p.m. Sunday....how they pinpointed the time.

this doesn't sound good at all....

ITA, this doesn't sound good. Wish one of our great map makers would help us with these locations.

I figured that's what time they found her car. Somebody posted under the above link that they thought they saw the car in that spot around 4:30.

Where they say her car was found is very close to the river.

A volunteer K-9 search and rescue team has been brought in to help police find a missing Charleston woman who was last seen leaving work Saturday. The West Virginia K-9 Search and Rescue team started their first search for Shelia "Kathy" Goble, 62, around 6 p.m. Wednesday.
Goble was last seen leaving Kelly's Men's Shop in Charleston just after 5 p.m. Saturday. Her car was later found abandoned at the 42-mile marker on Interstate 64 West, two miles away from the Crooked Creek exit in Putnam County.
The K-9 team, an all volunteer organization dedicated to providing trained dog teams to assist in locating lost and missing persons, searched the wooded area near where Goble's car was found abandoned. A co-worker found the car Monday.
Deputies said the 2004 Honda Pilot had been sitting on the side of the road since at least noon Sunday.
Deputies are looking for any clues into the woman's disappearance, which friends, family and co-workers have called uncharacteristic.
Goble had placed a white towel in her driver's side window, which usually signals a broken-down car. However, Kanawha County Sheriff's Department Lt. Sean Crosier said deputies couldn't find any obvious mechanical problems with the vehicle.
"It's an odd place to leave a vehicle, particularly one that appears to be running fine," Crosier said. "We knew as soon as she was reported missing that it could be very serious."
http://wvgazette.com/News/201004280926

"It's safe to say we suspect she may very well have been taken against her will," Crosier said.
So far, police have searched two homes in connection to Goble's disappearance.
On the night that Goble was last seen, she went to Wal-Mart and purchased some items before heading to a home on Kenna Drive in South Charleston and dropping the items off there, Crosier said.
According to Crosier, Goble was at the residence around 8:30 p.m. Saturday, and that is the last time police have a record of anyone seeing her.
Police have found no history of mental illness or anything suspicious in her personal background.
In addition to searching the wooded area near where the car was found, Crosier said the K-9 team might search Kenna Drive for signs of Goble, because "that is the last place she was seen."

http://wvgazette.com/News/201004280926?page=2&build=cache

Oh wow Darlin' Gal, thank you so much.

They said the SUV didn't have any 'obvious mechanical problems'. Doesn't it appear as though it ran out of gas, to be left at that spot?

Oh wow Darlin' Gal, thank you so much.

They said the SUV didn't have any 'obvious mechanical problems'. Doesn't it appear as though it ran out of gas, to be left at that spot?

I think if it was out of gas, they would have mentioned it. jmo
Could have also overheated and would start right up after it cooled down. Would not be an obvious mechanical problem??

It sounds to me like they think foul play may have happened at where she was last seen and the car was "dumped" there and staged with a towel. jmo

There is no Miller Rd. according to Google. Which location? What is Miller Rd?

There is no Miller Rd. according to Google. Which location? What is Miller Rd?

When i zoomed in on where the SUV was left (on the map you graciously provided), it shows Miller Road, if i read it correctly. There isn't much out there. Some areas close, couldn't tell if they were green roofs or pasture.

Crosier said investigators also have recovered surveillance video footage of Goble at the South Charleston Walmart from Saturday night. The footage shows Goble purchasing items and leaving the store on her own. The items purchased at the store were found at the same South Charleston home her cell phone was found in, Crosier said. The home on Kenna Drive is a friend's, he said.

http://dailymail.com/News/201004280861

I think the paper may have gotten the name of the street wrong...I-64 at mile marker 42 is near Bills Creek Rd and Cross Circle. I've found a map of the exact spot. Dunno if it matters, but after seeing the above info about a possible dumping of the car, it's all that more ominous: mile marker 42 is just 50 feet or so from three of those crosses on the side of the road. Here's the link....just go to the street view and click to go forward. Coincidence or not? Kind of spooky...but there are a few houses on the road between there are the exit 2 miles away....so IF she were to stop her car here, she could have easily walked to those homes for help. But it doesn't sound like she was driving it at that point. Wonder who lives at Kenna Dr. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAcQ8gEwAA

One problem with this location would be that the person would HAVE to have a partner. There's no way they would drop the car off in this location and walk back home or walk back to the nearest exit....2 miles--even at night--would be a long way to go on foot and the potential for a lot of people to see you out walking around. Glad LE has a POI already, but obviously that isn't good for "Kathy".

All of Kenna Dr. is housing projects. Scary to go there after dark, IMHO, since the housing project backing up to the area cemetary.

http://wvgazette.com/News/201004280926

Dogs joins search for missing city woman

Steve Shanklin and his partner, Harley, of the West Virginia K-9 Search and Rescue team, searched a wooded area near Crooked Creek Wednesday. Investigators hoped to find clues in the disappearance of Sheila "Kathy" Goble, who was last seen on Saturday. Her car was found on Interstate 64 near the Crooked Creek exit.

I think the paper may have gotten the name of the street wrong...I-64 at mile marker 42 is near Bills Creek Rd and Cross Circle. I've found a map of the exact spot. Dunno if it matters, but after seeing the above info about a possible dumping of the car, it's all that more ominous: mile marker 42 is just 50 feet or so from three of those crosses on the side of the road. Here's the link....just go to the street view and click to go forward. Coincidence or not? Kind of spooky...but there are a few houses on the road between there are the exit 2 miles away....so IF she were to stop her car here, she could have easily walked to those homes for help. But it doesn't sound like she was driving it at that point. Wonder who lives at Kenna Dr. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAcQ8gEwAA

Thanks for the info: I updated the case map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=108+Washington+Street+West,+Charleston,+WV+25302-2395+(Kelley%27s+Mens+Shop+Inc)&daddr=2700+Mountaineer+Boulevard,+South+Charleston,+WV+25309-9442+(Walmart+Supercenter)+to:Kenna+Drive,+South+Charleston,+WV+to:I-64+W+to:38.406254,-81.800079+to:6410+interstate+64+winfield,+wv&geocode=FQNTSQIdTUMi-ymVKuceLNNIiDGRwxFId3l6uA%3BFbu1SAId6SAh-yFI78wK8OULYQ%3BFfxDSQIdQRIh-yljgPbzyzJPiDGJr1lc5c0upw%3BFVCqSQIdNm0g-w%3B%3BFd_ESgId184e-ykjNZEgAspIiDFbTrFiWQfnRA&hl=en&mra=dpe&mrcr=2&mrsp=4&sz=10&via=3,4&sll=38.353503,-81.7836&sspn=0.442615,1.164551&ie=UTF8&ll=38.386881,-81.743774&spn=0.446717,1.164551&z=10

What is that water way/river called that 64 crosses over a few miles before the car was found? I wonder if someone could have stopped there and tossed her over. How busy is 64 at night?

Much more detail in this article:

Co-workers at Kelley's said Goble had been seeing a man for the past year or so.

They identified that man as Fred Ferrell, and a relative of Ferrell's deceased wife said he lives on Kenna Drive. A call to Ferrell's cell phone was not immediately returned.

David McCartney, Goble's ex-husband, said he saw her Saturday evening. She had worked her usual 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. shift at Kelley's, and came to his house to visit right after work.

The pair have two sons, and the elder is staying with McCartney after moving back to Charleston from Myrtle Beach to look for work.

McCartney said his ex-wife told him she would see him Monday, if not sooner.

McCartney said the two have been divorced for almost 20 years, but they remain close.

"We're still real good friends," said McCartney, 63, a DuPont retiree. "We never really left each other. We got so we relied on each other more and more as the years went by."

Read more: http://dailyme.com/story/2010042800001905/police-missing-woman.html#ixzz0mVDEDLtq

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back