Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 1 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. That is the one thing that is making my hinky meter go haywire.

If he did nothing wrong, there would not be 1 reason why he would not have let LE look at his cars from the jump. If for nothing else, to exclude himself so LE could place their focus elsewhere.

IMO he did something or had someone else do it.

I agree, and I can smell him down here in Louisiana too.

If he did nothing wrong, that's all the more reason to demand LE produce the properly executed search warrants.

I'm sorry. I feel very strongly about this. I've led a rather boring, routine life; no criminal background, nothing more than a few traffic tickets over the past few decades and I don't see myself breaking bad in my old age. But I'll be damned if I'll allow the police in my home or to otherwise search my property without a warrant. And if they want to question me in relation to a crime, they can speak through my attorney.

This isn't directed toward you in particular, but I really cringe when I hear people say "Well if you didn't do anything wrong...."

TANF yes...in 30-45 days from the application date. WIC, yes, for the younger child. Food stamps, after the same 30-45 day wait. And, then Doug would have been immediately hit for child support, since she was receiving state aid. He may have threatened her away from doing that for that reason.

She is over the age of 22, so her parents income would not be calculated, and the only stipulation is that you tell the state that you prepare and eat your food seperately.

However, if her parents were not charging her rent and she had no other documentable expenses, then the state would give her nothing in the way of TANF and it's really hard to get on MI WIC if you are not already receiving state aid, at least Medicaid.

ETA: There is emergency assistance, that you can normally get in a week or ten days, but it's hard to get that unless you have immediate needs, and living with her parents, the chances are that she wouldn't have been eligible. I'm not a 100% sure on that aspect.

Ok, that's a bit different here in VA. Thanks.

If he did nothing wrong, that's all the more reason to demand LE produce the properly executed search warrants.

I'm sorry. I feel very strongly about this. I've led a rather boring, routine life; no criminal background, nothing more than a few traffic tickets over the past few decades and I don't see myself breaking bad in my old age. But I'll be damned if I'll allow the police in my home or to otherwise search my property without a warrant. And if they want to question me in relation to a crime, they can speak through my attorney.

This isn't directed toward you in particular, but I really cringe when I hear people say "Well if you didn't do anything wrong...."

Really? ...Even if the mother of your children had been kidnapped and the search could quickly eliminate you as a suspect so that LE could concentrate on finding her and possibly saving her life?

... Even if allowing the search would immediately clear your good name and spare your children from wondering forever if their father kidnapped and killed their mother?

It seems to me that an innocent spouse could only benefit from aiding in the investigation.

Really? ...Even if the mother of your children had been kidnapped and the search could quickly eliminate you as a suspect so that LE could concentrate on finding her and possibly saving her life?

... Even if allowing the search would immediately clear your good name and spare your children from wondering forever if their father kidnapped and killed their mother?

It seems to me that an innocent spouse could only benefit from aiding in the investigation.

Yes, even. The police aren't looking to rule him out as a suspect.

I totally agree with you TGIRecovered

Yes, even. The police aren't looking to rule him out as a suspect.

I think the police are looking for whoever did this, no matter who it is. IMO
If they can rule him out quickly, then they can move on. If he did nothing wrong, there will be no evidence of wrong doing.

If anyone I love came up missing and LE knocked on my door, I would do anything I could to help.

I totally agree with you TGIRecovered

I think the police are looking for whoever did this, no matter who it is. IMO
If they can rule him out quickly, then they can move on. If he did nothing wrong, there will be no evidence of wrong doing.

If anyone I love came up missing and LE knocked on my door, I would do anything I could to help.

That's different than being a suspect in the disappearance.

I hope the police are trying to find who did this. They're now saying his alibi checks out, so regardless if he hired or somehow got someone else to abduct her or it was an acquaintance or even a random stranger abduction, they need to find that person. DS isn't going anywhere; they're no doubt watching him. Concentrate on catching the kidnapper, then worry about finding out why he did it.

vw939.jpg

- State police have released the sketch of a man who they would like to talk to regarding the disappearance of Venus Stewart.

Police are looking for a man described as a white male, in his late 20s to early 30s, about 5 feet 5 inches to 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing about 150 to 160 pounds, and last seen in the area of Adams Lake -- a mile from Stewart's parents' home.

This man is not considered a suspect at this time. Witnesses say he was acting suspicious prior to Stewart's disappearance.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/suspicious-person-in-Venus-Stewart-case

This is what is interesting to me as well why if you had nothing to do with your wifes disappearence why would you not let LE know where your vehicles were ? And how has he been getting back and forth to work without his vehicles before LE found them......

This guy stinks, I can smell him all the way to Colorado :)

ITA! If he's truly innocent, this is the mother of his children. He does stink real big!

The sketch that was released has me wondering how tall Doug is. Doug knows people in that part of Michigan, according to his My Space, wonder if he got someone else to do this ?

Think about what it is like to be a woman who is being mentally, emotionally, or physically abused in a relationship or marraige, especially when there are children involved. How hard would it be to never fight back, never lose your temper with your abuser, never ever say anything or do anything that your abuser could spin to make you appear to be chronicly paranoid, angry and unstable. Women who are abused are often afraid to risk pressing charges for fear of retaliation against themselves or their children, but men who abuse women jump at the chance to file assault charges when their victim fights back, threatening to take her children, telling her she could never make it without him, etc.

It is easy and common to make a woman appear to be unstable. It is easy to make an abused woman question her own sanity. It is all about control, and when an abuser begins to lose his hold on his victim, the abuse escalates. Everyone knows how dangerous it is to stand up to him and leave. That's one reason why men who abuse get away with it.

None of us know with certainty what has happened in this particular disappearance, but I'd say that the ex's statements about the victim being unstable are par for the course.

Great post. Really really great post.

vw939.jpg

- State police have released the sketch of a man who they would like to talk to regarding the disappearance of Venus Stewart.

Police are looking for a man described as a white male, in his late 20s to early 30s, about 5 feet 5 inches to 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing about 150 to 160 pounds, and last seen in the area of Adams Lake -- a mile from Stewart's parents' home.

This man is not considered a suspect at this time. Witnesses say he was acting suspicious prior to Stewart's disappearance.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/suspicious-person-in-Venus-Stewart-case

Dear lord, it looks like Freddy Mercury, bless his heart.

Watch the video titled "sibling love" or something like that. Two young kids... school-age. His behavior with them is, in my opinion, disgustingly immature and demeaning.
I so agree, I was disgusted watching that video.

The sketch that was released has me wondering how tall Doug is. Doug knows people in that part of Michigan, according to his My Space, wonder if he got someone else to do this ?

He's 5'11" and 250# if I recall correctly.

I wonder how recent that picture of Doug is that has been being flashed all over the internet ?

I'm just popping in here, I've been trying to keep up.

Geez. That sketch looks a lot like the ex minus some weight and add a mustache. A lot of the features look the same to me though which is bizarre because it's obviously not him.

I think I'll just wait for the facts to shake out in this case; I think if ex is involved, it won't be that hard to prove and LE will find enough links with moving of money, cell records, computer, etc...and who knows if this guy has anything to do with anything...could be an oddball walking in the woods...

As far as not letting LE search w/o a warrant...whether we like it or not, a person appears guilty of something if they won't LE search, regardless of laws and rights...it is just a matter of perception. If parents of a missing child refused a police search, can you imagine what we would think of them? I know as Americans we are not required to let LE into our homes without search warrants and in most cases I agree, but there are also times when it is in your best interests to just get past it and lel LE do their jobs. Refusing a search does put added attention on a person, in my opinion and may slow down the process of looking for real perp.
As far as the ex in this case...he is/was a suspect right out of the gate and would have been crazy if he did not hire a lawyer at once, guilty or not. The bit with his cars is not looking good for him, but we don't know the details.
As I said, I will wait and see. Sadly, I think it is too late for Venus, but not too late for justice, as long as they get it right. All my opinion only, obviously.

vw939.jpg

Well that certainly doesn't describe DS, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy