Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
got it... i see... curious that the offense occurred on 8/1? (before she went missing) would that be maybe something he said/admitted to during interrogation and so they charged him with it... which in turn also helps keep him locked up?...

He could have missed his appointment, or tested positive for pot or other illegal substances then. (They call it "my colors came up" here. :floorlaugh:) We don't know yet, but we will.

**Why does my keyboard delete stuff when I am typing and move my hand?? Danged laptop, think I should disable that pad thingy.

Sigh. Since no one seems to want to go over to the thread where we are supposed to be discussing this, I will copy my post over to here.

What is interesting is that the violation happened on 8/1/2013 BEFORE the abduction. It doesn't give any details as to what the violations was but I think it would have to all related to the arson charges. this whole arson case is confusing though

According to case CR04017300-00 on 8/6/2004 he was arrested for conspiring to commit arson that occurred on 6/15/2002. It went to trial and the charges were dropped.

According to case CR04017298-00 on 8/6/2004 he was arrested for arson that occurred on 6/16/2002. It went to trial where he pleaded not guilty. But he was found found guilty on 02/15/2005. But nothing about sentence is in the record.

Note: his address is listed as unknown in both records.

That brings me to case CR04017298-01 (I think the -01 means both charges are linked and it was that same trial?). On 5/28/2010 he violated a court order and was arrested for that on 8/11/2010. The trial was on 6/21/2011 and his parole was revoked and he was sentenced to 2 years in jail. His address is listed as Charlottesville,VA .

Not sure how long he was in jail.

Next up CR04017298-02 (still linked to the arson charge). On 8/1/2013 he violated parole. His address is listed as Ruckersville, VA. No arrest date is listed but there was a hearing on 8/16/2013. Capias Granted

Things I don't know is how long his sentence was for the Arson charge. How much time did he serve the first time? The second time?

So, the 2nd violation occurred before in July, before AM disappeared. I am thinking that they arrested him for the abduction and in the course of that investigation they discovered the parole violation and since he was already arrested they didn't need to arrest him again.

Note the address listing as Ruckersville. I wonder when he moved to Lovingston? That in itself could have caused the parole violation if he moved and didn't tell his officer

I know to get Texas Equusearch involved the family or law enforcement must request it. What is the population in that area? Are there enough people who could do volunteer searches if a group like TES came in?

Hopefully TES and has been able to recover their stolen equipment and stolen funds (I know some money was rasied). I'm not sure if they are able to take cases right now. Will ask what the deal is when I talk to Tim.

This area just keeps popping out to me, JMO.

http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/jam.shtml

But, one would think one wouldn't want such a public dumping site? So, obviously not one of the touristy type areas or one frequented by rangers, maintenance, etc... (just thinking out loud)...

IMO ... Keeping national and state parks in mind is a good idea...

I have read about many people going missing mysteriously in parks such as these...

JMO

Just a point of clarification. We do not have parole here in Virginia---it was abolished in 1995 so any offenders convicted after 1995 have no opportunity for parole. Randy Taylor was on probation, which is different. The fact that they have charged him with a probation violation will help keep him in jail one way or the other.

Sigh. Since no one seems to want to go over to the thread where we are supposed to be discussing this, I will copy my post over to here. Note the address listing as Ruckersville. I wonder when he moved to Lovingston? That in itself could have caused the parole violation if he moved and didn't tell his officer
First... i didnt realize about your request to read/discuss on the other board/thread and I'm sorry about that! my apologies!! but thank you so much for copying this over here, sorry you had to do that... I have a bunch of teenagers... I know what its like to feel like no one is paying attention to you!! I've sighed that sigh oh so many times! :) the info you brought over helps a lot... gonna take a few minutes to really read through it and ponder while I sip my coffee... head cant seem to focus today... i think its to consumed with thoughts that Today really should be/would be a great day for her to come home... :please:

IMO ... Keeping national and state parks in mind is a good idea...

I have read about many people going missing mysteriously in parks such as these...

JMO

Clue, you got me thinking...

In Kathlynn Sheperds case, she was found by a bridge (might be worth looking at bridges in the areas).

Also, Klunder worked in the "plant" and brought his victims there....well, RAT has lots of ties to cars with regard to his occupations (repo, car wash, painting, mechanic)...there might be a strong link to garages. Maybe a garage building with a false wall or basement area? (I'm sure LE is on this, every place he's ever worked). I'm guessing this guy might have his own "garage workshop" somewhere??

If RAT is a methhead, I'm guessing one of his meth buddies knows something.

Just a point of clarification. We do not have parole here in Virginia---it was abolished in 1995 so any offenders convicted after 1995 have no opportunity for parole. Randy Taylor was on probation, which is different. The fact that they have charged him with a probation violation will help keep him in jail one way or the other.

Yep, that issue was because of my exhausted typing and keyboarding issues.
I corrected it above. Sometimes the brain sees one thing and types another.

Here's another thing I'm interested in: Past serial killers, and the distance from their homes to their external dumping ground, (if they had one and didn't toss their victims in various locations or use their own homes).

Maybe some of you out there knowledgeable in serial killers can contribute something here (again, much research required here on my part).

I know some serials used their own basements, yards, etc., but any other cases where an external property was used? If so, what types of locations were these, and how far from their residence / work? (I believe someone mentioned cemeteries upstream). TIA

1. Investigators are responding to claims made by Randy Taylor's attorney. His attorney said that the only evidence investigators have is a piece of hair found in Taylor's camper. Investigators are saying they have more evidence than just that piece of hair. They will not say what that evidence may be.

2. Investigators confirm again that they have found multiple cell phones during their search. They say these cell phones were found at more than one location. Some have been sent to Quantico for testing to see if any of them belong to Alexis.

3. Investigators say the recent national media attention did bring an increased number of tips.

4. Despite the command post being closed, Investigators say all three main agencies (FBI, Nelson County Sheriff's Department, and State Police) are still actively searching for Alexis.

I am waiting for answers to several other questions that I have asked. As soon as I get more details I will pass them along.

https://www.facebook.com/ParkerABC13

Another question, sorry for the multiple posts, for those of you who are knowledgeable in the psychological profiling of serials, does RAT strike you as the sort who would take trophies and/or revisit his victims? Because if he is a "revisitor", chances are Alexis and Samantha would be somewhat close? It would be interesting to have LE's GPS tracking info from when they were tailing him in Samantha's case.

While researching past threads... I came across, once again, this article reporting that LE found "several items of interest" in AM's car...

I just wanted to remind us that this may be a good source of evidence, as well...

JMO

http://wciv.membercenter.worldnow.c...on-third-full-day-of-search-for-alexis-murphy

"Investigators say they found several items of interest inside the [AM's] car Tuesday night. After that preliminary search, officials sealed the car and towed it away so they can conduct a more thorough search."

BBM

More at link above...

Again, thinking out loud....Virginia Beach is a distance, but RAT has some history with the area and possible family ties there.

As I mentioned there have been a BOATLOAD of recent attempted abductions there (I learned this in another case)...I also learned here, though, that VB is a very high crime, dangerous area in general.

VB is on my radar today. JMO.

Here's another thing I'm interested in: Past serial killers, and the distance from their homes to their external dumping ground, (if they had one and didn't toss their victims in various locations or use their own homes).

Maybe some of you out there knowledgeable in serial killers can contribute something here (again, much research required here on my part).

I know some serials used their own basements, yards, etc., but any other cases where an external property was used? If so, what types of locations were these, and how far from their residence / work? (I believe someone mentioned cemeteries upstream). TIA

I don't know if mileage is available for all. Most kill and dump within a few miles, but there are the travelers that dump via convenience. The thing that sticks out most is it is usually an area familiar to the killer. They have seen it, been there before. It is impossible to know for the travelers where those places may be. In this situation, you may be on to something, but I *think* and could be very, very wrong, that LE starts with a 10 mile circular radius of the perp's home and job, then works outward from there with whatever they find out about the perp and places visited.

Someone will correct me and provide a study if they have it. I merely have years of reading about them, but a lot of that reading is junk, not actual facts, just books (true crime doesn't count, it is still fiction), books by the attorney that represented, documentaries, docudramas (more fiction), and interviews.

Another question, sorry for the multiple posts, for those of you who are knowledgeable in the psychological profiling of serials, does RAT strike you as the sort who would take trophies and/or revisit his victims? Because if he is a "revisitor", chances are Alexis and Samantha would be somewhat close? It would be interesting to have LE's GPS tracking info from when they were tailing him in Samantha's case.
I can't remember but:
Did he destroy their GPS unit when LE came to retrieve it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth