Jury Duty? Would you?

Would you be able to serve on a jury for this trial?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Private Eye

Reaction score
Knowing what you know of this case and the accused had been charged would you opt out?

Perhaps this should be a poll!

I agree, it should be a poll

Poppy

I think I would be dismissed as soon as they started questioning me, as Ive been obsessed with this case from the start. And I think KC should fry. And I would offer them a belt for her arm.

Knowing what you know of this case and the accused had been charged would you opt out?

Perhaps this should be a poll!

I would not be a good candidate for this jury. I have too much information prior.

I am sure there are a LOT of people in that area who know little or nothing about any of this except that a little girl is missing and would be good candidates. Most people do not know or care because they are so busy with their lives.

My fear is the defense will go for uneducated jurors who are not smart enough to actually sort through the large amount of evidence effectively.

I opted out of a case in England on religious grounds.

I told the panel only God can Judge the Guilty of sin.

I got away with it about 4 years ago i doubt i would now!

How do i request a poll?

I would not be a good candidate for this jury. I have too much information prior.

I am sure there are a LOT of people in that area who know little or nothing about any of this except that a little girl is missing and would be good candidates. Most people do not know or care because they are so busy with their lives.

My fear is the defense will go for uneducated jurors who are not smart enough to actually sort through the large amount of evidence effectively.

Same here.

I would have to opt out. As much as I think I could be impartial, I KNOW I could not.

So if this case is ever tried it's safe to say it will be out of state?

I would have to opt out. As much as I think I could be impartial, I KNOW I could not.

I agree with you. In most cases that I have followed I really believe that I COULD be impartial. Not This One :behindbar

Im sure i'd be dismissed once the words "that baby killer is going down" came out of my mouth.

Yeah, that would get you excused quicker than a quick dog. by the way, that is one disturbing avatar you've got there.

Casey who?? What?? Anthony??? Who's Caylee??? Nope, don't know a thing about the case. I don't follow the news, sorry.

By the way, Bex, I want that avatar - that is me!!!!!! What a riot!

I could still be impartial. As long as I get to see the facts we've seen + and some sorta funny legal business doesn't prevent the stuff we have seen from being presented to the jury. Then...I'd be toast.

Casey who?? What?? Anthony??? Who's Caylee??? Nope, don't know a thing about the case. I don't follow the news, sorry.

By the way, Bex, I want that avatar - that is me!!!!!! What a riot!

Yeah right!

:laugh:

If it meant I would get to spend time watching YM on the stand for days...I would be totally objective and listen to all testimony then decide solely on the facts of the case. ;)

Well, I found it odd in the 1st Phil Spector trial that the reporter from Dateline that had read EVERYTHING he could get his hands on about the case, AND was all set to cover the trial, wound up being on the jury. He stated that the bell had been rung and it would be hard to unring that bell, but not impossible. For reasons that I can't comprehend, the defense accepted him. :waitasec: He of course, never wavered in his belief that Spector was guilty.

Having seen that, I guess I can't say that I would be dismissed, but I find it hard to believe that any defense attorney would allow me to be a part of this jury. I don't think anything; short of Caylee turning up alive, would ever cause me to waver in the belief that Casey is guilty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back