GUILTY CA - Hervey Medellin, 66, found dismembered, Los Angeles, 27 Dec 2011

I went to Hollywood for a friends birthday dinner last night. People were talking about this case of course. The local gossip is that the room mate is the victims boyfriend. They might have argued and after fight, the bf tried to make it look like the victim was attacked on a hike in the area that he often walks.

I went to Hollywood for a friends birthday dinner last night. People were talking about this case of course. The local gossip is that the room mate is the victims boyfriend. They might have argued and after fight, the bf tried to make it look like the victim was attacked on a hike in the area that he often walks.

By dismembering him?
For real?

That is so ridiculous it might be funny if this wasn't such a horrific case.
When someone gets attacked while hiking or walking they are generally not dismembered.
And coyotes don't generally bag body parts for people's convenience...

I wonder if there was prints on the bag that the head was in?

By dismembering him?
For real?

That is so ridiculous it might be funny if this wasn't such a horrific case.
When someone gets attacked while hiking or walking they are generally not dismembered.
And coyotes don't generally bag body parts for people's convenience...

I wonder if there was prints on the bag that the head was in?

Apparently, the dismembering was done because he didn't drive. So he needed a way to transport the body out of the apt. without being noticed. So this way he was able to put him in plastic RALPH"s Bags and dispose of him that way.

Apparently, the dismembering was done because he didn't drive. So he needed a way to transport the body out of the apt. without being noticed. So this way he was able to put him in plastic RALPH"s Bags and dispose of him that way.

Then he definitely wasn't going to make it look like he was attacked while he was hiking. :twocents:
Hopefully his plan was different than that... I'd like to think people are a bit smarter than that...

Then he definitely wasn't going to make it look like he was attacked while he was hiking. :twocents:
Hopefully his plan was different than that... I'd like to think people are a bit smarter than that...

I should have said 'abducted' while hiking. Apparently the victim went hiking alone in that park area nearly every day. So I guess the idea was to make it look like someone kidnapped him there.

I just saw on the news that the boyfriend/room mate has been interviewd at the station for the past 2 days, but he has not been called a POI.

ETA: Also,the victim had recently retired after working for Mexican Airlines for decades. There has always been rumors that the cartel have a lot of their people working for the airlines to help them smuggle etc. So some are saying the boyfriend did the head in the bag thing to try and mimic the cartel.

http://www.insidesocal.com/outinthe...dismembered-hollywood-man-says-im-afraid.html
"The man only identified himself as "Gabriel" and spoke with the TV station through a screen door.

"I'm afraid for my life," he told KTLA. "I'm afraid they'll come back and do something to me."

Police have questioned the boyfriend several times, but he is reportedly not a suspect, or even a person of interest in the homicide, KTLA reported"

I wonder how he could afford to collect expensive art on a flight attendant's salary?
One way is to have a good eye for art, and discover artists early in their careers. Later, as values rise, one finds oneself in possession of much "expensive art."

This Is what happens to the poparazzi when they try to sneak photos of Brad and angie through the back yard...celebs arent jokin around no more . Look out poparazzi the word is out ,all over Twitter anyone see a poparazzi its off with your head..Oh ya and Hands LoL.....

This Is what happens to the poparazzi when they try to sneak photos of Brad and angie through the back yard. Celebs don't joke around no more people. Look out poparazzi the word Is out It's all over Twitter Anyone Spot's a poparazzi Lerking In the bushes "It's off with Thier heads" "Oh ya and your Hands" LoL.

"Don't Worry Buddy I Thought It Was Funny" :)

I haven't a clue how reliable this article is but it's from the WSJ and can't find a date on it. My apolgies if it's a duplicate, old news or bad news. xoxo

Police Puzzled by Body Parts In Two States

Now, law-enforcement officials in California and Arizona are wondering if both finds are part of the same gruesome puzzle. DNA testing is being performed on the body parts to "see if there is a match," said Pima County Sheriff's Deputy Dawn Barkman in Arizona.

It could be the same person since he (ID'd victim in CA) has been gone for a while or out of town since the holidays or so. If it is our Tucson body found, then I hope DNA matching isn't holding it up! When Sylar Newton went missing his evidence/dna was sent to Nevada. Garrr. Out of state 6 weeks behind testing doesn't stop crimes, then not enough sent to test delayed his id even more!

I read up on the gangs in LA and here. Oh boy, found out so much more. garrr again.

I still wonder if the remains found in LA had been frozen until disposed? Does freezing preserve a body? A regualr freezer or refridg freezer? Wow if so. They kept saying in CA it was a recent death on the body parts, 1-2 days old. I wonder about frozen body parts being spread from here to CA. Someone smart will answer that soon, I hope.

RIP dude. No one wants to die that way, may you RIP. I'm sure there's much more to come out or all will be revealed if nevarious reason caused him to die.

eta, nevarious reasons, how dumb, if a body is chopped up, my mind just blows it. Tying in body parts I can do, but the thought of it, who they are, just scares me with grief when it's matched. How in the hell can someone do that to a child or an adult? Sick *advertiser censored*'s.....jmo

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203750404577173481901778656.html

ETA, found the date, it was about 10 to 11 days ago. Haven't found a word on either case for days either. I guess we wait...

Here in older link that theory is discounted.Video.
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/20/10199808-hollywood-body-parts-identified-as-retiree

"Meanwhile, investigators in California were downplaying any possible connection between the body parts case in Los Angeles and a dismembered body found earlier this month in a rural area of Tuscon, Ariz.

Read more about the Hollywood case on NBCLosAngeles.com

"It's fairly implausible that somebody would drive parts of a dead body five hours from Arizona to our Griffith Park," Los Angeles Police Cmdr. Andrew Smith told Reuters."

Is anyone else curious about the lack of any developments and/or follow-up stories about the case in the last 5-6 days?

In a January 24 LA Times article which includes a KTLA video it was reported that the boyfriend was planning on having a new roommate move in shortly: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/ktla-hollywood-sign-human-head,0,1867634.story

Does this seem like a huge red flag to anyone else?
Also, the boyfriend has only been identified as "Gabriel" but details such as his age, race, last name, etc have not been released. Can anyone here at WS scooby doo any info on "Gabriel"?

I live in a media area that covers Los Angeles news and this case was huge, for just a minute... then it went silent.

It seemed, for a second, that the live-in boyfriend was being pointed at; a neighbor that lived in the building heard commotion in the apartment one night, just a few weeks before Hervey Medellin went missing. (When was it said Hervey Medellin left? And when was he reported missing?) She overheard slamming of objects and screaming, but never called police. Then Hervey Medellin went missing.

And that's the last I really heard with the media out here.

The way the article above is written it sounds like Hervey Medellin was a very private person, and maybe was involved in something no one is quite aware of?!

If I happen chance come across Gabriels whole name in the news from out here I will post it. This entire story seems under wraps until something bigger breaks.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8529341
"It will take time," said Beck. ""This is a case that will depend on forensics and much work is yet to be done."

"It's hard to solve that type of crime, especially if someone cleans up their tracks, and they did what they did, nature kind of took its course," said walker Rocky Vanoost. "Coyotes are up there, they can carry stuff away, so it might take a while- absolutely."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back