Is Lisa's case going to end up a cold case?

A lot of the things in this case that people credit the Anthony case with starting can seen in a lot of older cases. It was a huge case so I'm sure it will have an effect (that probably won't be really noticed for years) but some posts make it sound like it changed the entire justice system less than a year after the verdict came in. We have forums all over WS for cases where extremely suspicious people were never arrested, so saying that the reason justice hasn't been served in this case has to do with Casey is too premature. People get away with murder all the time, and each unsolved case usually has a different reason to why.

Thank you for the clarification. I guess that the Casey Anthony case just made it more visible to me that missing children cases go unsolved.

But I still believe society at large could learn lessons from cases not solved, as in CA's case.

It's interesting that many posters in this thread think that Lisa's parents want her case to fade away, while in other threads, I've seen many posts saying that Lisa's parents want to get as much fame, attention, and money out of this case as they can.

The lawyers and surrounding characters,maybe ,but DB and JI are laying low,really low.

Chris_Texas]Respectfully, there is little point in rehashing it. Obviously it was a family member. We pretty much knew that the minute Deborah mentioned that this mythical home invader also snatched her cell phones. And from there the evidence has only grown.

Chris-Texas writes
....But there is no body. And at this point, with our TV "educated" American juries, unless Lisa is found with a confession note signed by a notary witness, they probably wont get a conviction.E]

I love this post.

Without a body or JI talking to police without DB present this will turn to a cold case. She has him wrapped good right now and she has them ropes pulled tight. Almost as if she has something on him. But that is all for another post another time.

MOO ...

Here is my :twocents: :)

In the beginning, DB and JI received quite a bit of "national media attention" ...

And with that "national media attention", I am going to "guess" they got paid some $$$$$ for these appearances ... maybe they did ... maybe they didn't ...

IMO ... the "national attention" faded away when DB and JI "stopped" doing interviews, even though their "defense attorneys" were doing interviews to "spin" DB and JI's "stories" ...

Then the "cast of characters" came out -- the woman who received that "mysterious phone call" ... then we heard about this "Dane" who was supposed to be on her phone that night ... then add "Jersey" - handyman to the mix ... the "neighbor" who was "drinking" with DB the night Lisa went "missing" and her hubby ...

It goes on and on ...

Then nothing ... nada ... zip ... from DB and JI which is because they "lawyered up" -- not just 1 lawyer -- 2 lawyers ...

And IMO ... when the possibility of DB and JI earning the big $$$$$ "dried up", DB and JI basically went the other route ...

In other words, DB and JI, as well as their Defense Team IMO realized that DB and JI were NOT believable, and that the "majority of public opinion" was that DB/JI had "something" to do with Lisa being missing ...

DB and JI did NOT come across credible ... "changing stories" and "changing the timeline" ... the DT decided to "put a lid on them" ...

IMO ... DB and JI want this to fade away ...

:waitasec: I hope this made sense ...

MOO MOO and MOO ...

That definitely made sense. Just so we're clear; Are you saying that the "cast of characters" was put out there by the Irwin team, and when they realized that no one was buying any alternate theories, they pulled back? It is interesting that all those names came one after another, and now we don't hear much about them anymore.

That definitely made sense. Just so we're clear; Are you saying that the "cast of characters" was put out there by the Irwin team, and when they realized that no one was buying any alternate theories, they pulled back? It is interesting that all those names came one after another, and now we don't hear much about them anymore.

MW threw herself out there when she was questioned because of the phone calls I am pretty sure the defense team had nothing to do with her being thrown in the mix.

:seeya: Yep, that's pretty much it ...

I think the "defense lawyers" -- oh :waitasec: and let's not forget the "PI" Bill Stanton ... were out there looking for "SODDI" ... ya know, anybody but the "parents" ...

Then "Enter" the handyman ... then MW ... then Dane ... the neighbor and her hubby ... OH -- I almost forgot -- those "sightings" of a "man carrying a baby" and the sighting of the "white blob" ... :waitasec::waitasec:

:waitasec: Seriously ... ya can't make this stuff up ...

IMO ... not too many were "buying" that one or more of this "cast" "kidnapped" Baby Lisa ... I mean seriously, what would be their motive ? I know I know ... it's possible, but NOT probable ...

And very few were "buying" that DB and JI were "telling the truth" : continuously CHANGING stories and continuously CHANGING timeline speaks volumes ...

IF DB, and JI, did NOT know what really happened to their baby, they would be camped out and banging down the door for LE to find their baby ...

And they are NOT ... :waitasec: Their "actions" speak louder than words ...

MOO ...

:seeya:

While it's true that parents have to be proactive about keeping their missing child's case in the media, the media ultimately decides just how much coverage a case gets. Not every parent whose missing child never makes the news, or is dropped by the media after a few days/weeks/months wants the case to fade away. If the media really wanted to report on this case, they could report on it without the parents talking 24/7, although to be fair, that type of coverage would be sensational and a bit unethical because they would just be making up anything to fill time, but they could do it if they wanted to.

FYI -
New article: Fox News Insider - December 5, 2011 3:05 pm ET - "Former Homicide Detective: Fact that Baby Lisa'a Parents Have asked for Prayer Vigils to Stop is a Tell-Tale Sign

JMO

FYI -
New article: Fox News Insider - December 5, 2011 3:05 pm ET - "Former Homicide Detective: Fact that Baby Lisa'a Parents Have asked for Prayer Vigils to Stop is a Tell-Tale Sign

JMO
One, they did not ask them to stop. Only to relocate.
Two, Let's see if Mr Former Homicide Detective wants Edith to camp out at his front yard daily and her to invite strangers every night also.

A lot of the things in this case that people credit the Anthony case with starting can seen in a lot of older cases. It was a huge case so I'm sure it will have an effect (that probably won't be really noticed for years) but some posts make it sound like it changed the entire justice system less than a year after the verdict came in. We have forums all over WS for cases where extremely suspicious people were never arrested, so saying that the reason justice hasn't been served in this case has to do with Casey is too premature. People get away with murder all the time, and each unsolved case usually has a different reason to why.

The point with the Caley references is that it was a high profile case that a LOT of people paid close attention to. Obviously we don't know that it was that case that inspired this one, or the Sky case, or any other specific case, but the pattern is certainly there.

1. Kill your infant
2. Hide the body
3. Play stupid and cry a lot
4. Profit

Do that and you are gold. You can get a freaking tattoo celebrating the crime and you're good. You can change your story ten times a day and you're fine. It doesn't even matter how outlandish your story is, it can border on the ludicrous.

The point with the Caley references is that it was a high profile case that a LOT of people paid close attention to. Obviously we don't know that it was that case that inspired this one, or the Sky case, or any other specific case, but the pattern is certainly there.

1. Kill your infant
2. Hide the body
4. Profit

Do that and you are gold. You can get a freaking tattoo celebrating the crime and you're good. You can change your story ten times a day and you're fine. It doesn't even matter how outlandish your story is, it can border on the ludicrous.

We don't know if the Anthony case "inspired" the Irwin case, because there's zero proof of that. If Deborah was arrested and this case was going to trial, then I could see the defense team looking at how Casey's defense team was able to secure a not-guilty verdict, but the case hasn't reached that point yet. It's common knowledge that it's very hard to charge someone with murder without a body, so I can't "credit" any case when explaining why Deborah (IMO) hid Lisa's body well. I think Casey and Deborah have both gotten away with murder, but at this point, for completely different reasons.

While it's true that parents have to be proactive about keeping their missing child's case in the media, the media ultimately decides just how much coverage a case gets. Not every parent whose missing child never makes the news, or is dropped by the media after a few days/weeks/months wants the case to fade away. If the media really wanted to report on this case, they could report on it without the parents talking 24/7, although to be fair, that type of coverage would be sensational and a bit unethical because they would just be making up anything to fill time, but they could do it if they wanted to.

Good post, I agree!

1. Kill your infant
2. Hide the body
4. Profit

I disagree, a lot of people here paid attention but out of everyone I know not many of them paid attention to details like I did. Also them not finding the body was a screw up, if they would have investigated when RC called then they would have found the body sooner. Also big factor in her case was the 31 days, DB called LE the same night. I don't see any comparison of the two except that they were both young children.
I think if any case this is reminiscent of Haleigh Cummings case. Dad at work, mom at home with the kids, something happens while other children present in the house. I don't think its based off that or that is were it came from but the similarities are there.

Until we get concrete proof that Deborah actively followed other missing children cases, I don't think we can say that any case played a role in how the parents are behaving. Similarities between how the Irwins are acting and how other suspicious parents have acted probably has more to do with people who kill their child and then cover it up are going to behave in a similar fashion, than the Irwins purposefully acting like other murderer parents who've gotten away with it so they will too.

1. Kill your infant
2. Hide the body
4. Profit

It's Caylee, Caylee Marie Anthony just sayin

I prefer to think of Baby Lisa's case as "stalled" rather than cold. LE probably knows exactly what happened to Baby Lisa and just do not have enough evidence for a Grand Jury to charge. However; everything could change in the blink of an eye.

JMO

I went through a few pages of cases, where the victim was found murdered, on the Located forum, to see how long it took until an arrest (if any):

Arrest within 2 weeks of victim being reported missing
Jorelys Rodriguez: 5 days until arrest
Lauren Giddings: 9 days until arrest
Skyler Kauffman: 2 days until arrest
Tyler Dasher: 1 day until arrest
Yashanee Laface Vaughn: 12 days until arrest
Lauren Ackerson: 7 days until arrest
Sian O'Callaghan: 5 days until arrest
Mariha Trenice Smith: 13 days until arrest
Breann Rodriguez: 7 days until arrest

Unsolved
Celina Cass: unsolved for 4 months so far
Sonia Varaschin: unsolved for 15 months so far
Morgan Harrington: unsolved for 2+ years so far
Sylar Newton: unsolved for 15 months so far
Phylicia Barnes: unsolved for almost a year
Kera Freeland: unsolved for 7 months
Lachlan Cranswick: unsolved for 10 months
Kelly Catalano: unsolved for 10 months

1 month or longer until arrest
Michelle Le: 3 months until arrest
Alexis Rasmussen: 2 months until arrest
Kenia Monge: 4 months until arrest
Mackenzie Cowell: 7 months until arrest

I know that Lisa hasn't been found, and this isn't scientific research, but it does seem like if an arrest isn't make relatively quickly in a case, it's going to go unsolved.

Sometimes, I wonder if a case getting its own forum is a bad omen. It seems like if a case gets its own forum, it's because it's expected to have continuous interest, and that's more true of unsolved cases than cases that are waiting to go to trial.

In the court of public opinion, DB has been found guilty. She has to live with that for rest of her life, unless Lisa's body is found and someone else is charged. I couldn't handle knowing that everyone hated me and thought I was a murderer. The horrible and disgusting things that are written on the about about DB sicken me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back