Identified! SC - Myrtle Beach, WhtMale Skel UP11933, 35-60, Dec'13 - David Mino

Here is a news report from only 25 minutes ago. It says the bones have now been confirmed as human. The investigators weren't sure at first.

So glad this poor person has been found. I hope they're identified really soon so that their family will finally know where their loved one has been all this time.

Quick correction, though: The site where the bones were found is actually 25 miles from where Drexel was last seen. That's still very close-by..

They were found while searching for HE (behind her condos, I believe. ) Media reports are confusing tidewater rd and dr. Bones were found 6 miles from BD's last known location.

They were found while searching for HE (behind her condos, I believe. ) Media reports are confusing tidewater rd and dr. Bones were found 6 miles from BD's last known location.

Ahh okay, that makes sense. I went looking for new articles and all of the ones I read said that the distance was 25 miles. I was wondering where the ''6 miles'' figure came from.

Thanks!

Dawn Drexel has released a statement about the discovery of the remains:

I would like to thank everyone for their concern and support for my daughter, Brittanee in the recent discovery made in Horry County South Carolina. There are many missing children and adults in the region who have families suffering in anticipation the this latest news and who along side of our family await for a resolution as well.

I ask at this time to please wait for investigators to make a positive identification and be allowed to do their job. We need to respect the process along with the realization this could be any of our missing loved ones.

I encourage all media to re visit the case files and feature our missing. It is so vital to keep these cases out in the public.

Thank you
Dawn Drexel
http://www.wistv.com/story/24329879/brittanee-drexels-mother-makes-statement-following-discovery-of-skeletal-remains

Hopefully somebody will get answers soon. It's sad to think somebody has been back there for so long.

If the remains were found on Tidewater Dr near Waccamaw, the two businesses on that corner are BP gas station on the Northwest side and a Days Inn hotel on the south east side. I would assume that the railroad tracks they show with the dogs on the video are the ones further back by the business called Interior Distributors. There is another business, but I cannot tell what it is. It looks like some kind of gravel processing business, though. That just tells me that anything could have been dropped back in that area from any Friday night to Monday morning, and if it was out of view of the hotel and gas station, those two businesses would be closed.

It also appears to be hilly on the southeast side, with some cuts in the trees (maybe roads or drainage or property division?). They are too straight for natural erosion. It is too near civilization for someone to have just accidentally died there (unless homeless). If it turns out to be murder, whomever left the body there had to be familiar with the area.

It is also only 6 miles from where Brittanee Drexel was last seen and 1.2 miles from where Heather Elvis was last seen.

It still amazes me that remains are often found right in the areas that have already been searched and near businesses but aren't discovered until much later. But the one thing that doesn't surprise me is that so many times they're found during the winter months when everything is easier to see. I just wish all the missing could be found and given a proper burial.

It still amazes me that remains are often found right in the areas that have already been searched and near businesses but aren't discovered until much later. But the one thing that doesn't surprise me is that so many times they're found during the winter months when everything is easier to see. I just wish all the missing could be found and given a proper burial.

Yes, too many innocent victims never come to light, Beachlvr0810. Maybe in time... There are reasons for the seasons.. There must be darkness present for the light to shine through..

I can't get past the haunting coincidence of locating the remains of a person unrelated to an active search for another missing person. Although this is not the first time that has happened. It is extremely rare. The most recent time this has happened that I can remember was in the Long Island serial killer(LISK) case.

My heart is torn for Dawn Drexel, and her fine family.. Even though Britanee has been missing for almost four years. The Drexel family has courageously reached out, searched, and lent her love and support for many of the other families of the involuntary fraternity of the new life's normal..

Dawn Drexel, has become a valiant warrior for the missing.

Bumping from last thread..

There is a minimum of 9 unsolved missing female cases in Myrtle Beach/Horry County, SC Three missing in just the last two weeks.

Note: The SPD PIO actually holds a press conference to update the public for awareness & provides a suspect sketch and vehicle description to BOLO..

http://www.wistv.com/video?clipid=9455504&autoStart=true

Google Map - note Coastal Carolina University location to points of interest in Heather and Britanee's disappearance: https://www.google.com/maps/preview...!13m1!1e1!13m1!1e1!7m4!11m3!1m1!1e1!2b1&fid=0

The location on Tidewater Road is only 6 miles from where BD was last seen. The link above shows a brief video of searchers on a railroad track. A RR track crosses the Tidewater Road near Myrtle Beach just off Waccamaw Blvd (501).

news10nbc ‏@news10nbc 8m
JUST IN: The remains found near Myrtle Beach, SC are not Brittanee Drexel. The remains belong to a man who is at least 20

Ok, so these remains are an adult male. I did a search on adult males who went missing in Myrtle Beach.

I found only three of them on Namus.

Todd Massie went missing in 1992, so probably too long ago to be this UID. Also, although he was last seen locally, the circumstances suggest he may have left or been taken from the Myrtle Beach area. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/278/2/

Johnny Brown went missing in 2012 so probably not long enough ago to be this UID. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17025/0/

Glenn Howlett seems the best bet. Missing since June 2009. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10577/1/ More information about the circumstances of his disappearance on the Brittanee Drexel site (bottom of the page) http://helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com/cold-cases-missing-on-the-grand-strand/

Just wondering to myself here. Could this be the work of a SK?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back