The Bad BRA Lawsuit

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080403/NEWS01/804030305/1004/NEWS01

A Charleston attorney helping an aspiring Greenville model sue the Victoria’s Secret lingerie company over claims that a defective bra seriously cut one of her breasts said today that a description in the lawsuit of the depth of her wound was erroneous and that a new version of the suit was filed today to correct the error.
An amended complaint reflects that the wound was "3 inches x 1/4 inch deep, resulting in scarring," according to the latest version of the lawsuit filed today.
In February 2005, Lang worked at Alegis Group in Greenville and was pursuing a career in modeling, according to the lawsuit. On Jan. 30, 2005, Lang bought a bra from the Victoria's Secret located at Haywood Mall, and 13 days later, at about 5 a.m., she was in her apartment and began to feel "discomfort in her breast caused by the brassiere" and tried to remove the bra, according to the complaint.

"When attempting to remove the brassiere in order to alleviate the discomfort, the brassiere malfunctioned, lacerating the plaintiff's chest and left breast, nearly six inches wide and six inches deep," the complaint alleges. The lawsuit does not specify how the injury occurred. Hughey told GreenvilleOnline.com today that the bra "broke and the wire came through and lacerated her breast."

Seriously, I would like to sue almost EVERY bra manufacturer!

I'm suing. My new bra does not lift and seperate as it claims it would. Anybody got a lawyer for moi?

All is have to say is two words
Wonder-Bra..it didn't do wonders for me...I see litigation in my future..

The Night the Bra Attacked!

Shoot, I've had underwires pop through the cloth in the middle of church where I wanted to scream in agony...but I didn't. I should have let it pierce me and then sued. Darn it!

I'll go ahead and ask for pictures of the injury and save some time.

6 inches wide and 6 inches deep? :eek:

Good grief!

Which VS bra was this?
Did it blow up or what?

That's a heck of an injury from a bra!

I think this is clearly an over dramatization ..
I mean who is going to leave the bra on that long??

Not to mention that the underwires have little plastic tips on the end of the wires in case of this.

6 inches wide and 6 inches deep? :eek:

They amended the complaint to ONLY:

An amended complaint reflects that the wound was "3 inches x 1/4 inch deep, resulting in scarring," according to the latest version of the lawsuit filed today.

oh geez lady just don't wear one with an underwire. I use to only wear underwires since I was an A cup and wanted more uumph, one day I decided to try a non underwire bra and I swear with God as my witness I shall never go back to an underwire.

They amended the complaint to ONLY:

Oh that's a big difference.

She's just after some money. I can't believe a lawyer actually took this complaint.

oh geez lady just don't wear one with an underwire. I use to only wear underwires since I was an A cup and wanted more uumph, one day I decided to try a non underwire bra and I swear with God as my witness I shall never go back to an underwire.

I'm with you, curious1.
I've ditched the underwires.

I actually had stitches from underwire in a bra, it was sticking out and I must not have realized and put my arm down on top of it and jerked it away quickly man did that hurt but I sure didnt sue whoever made it lol. I think its funny that this happened to me.

Oh that's a big difference.

She's just after some money. I can't believe a lawyer actually took this complaint.
I can- good chance vs could just settle out of court to be done with it- it could cost them less in the end----- this stuff makes me CRAZY :furious:

The attack of the bra! Underwires are uncomfortable. Anyone in the know has seen the new bras..out for a few ,that do not have the underwire and still support.

Now I quess within two years time we will see underwire bras with a label saying wear at your own risk!

I wore underwires for awhile but it seemed like just a few washes in the washer on the hand washable cycle and they would pop out of the material and poke me in the tit. I cannot believe its a lawsuit though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back