LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to throw this out there and see what others think........
http://www.katc.com/news/tool-shop-in-lafayette-burglarized-and-burned/#!prettyPhoto/0/

Code:
Murphy also noticed someone broke into his car and took out the panels, air vents, and tail lights.

I'm not trying to speculate, but in order for these two things to happen it just can't be a coincidence," he added.

Interesting that these things were stolen out of the vehicle. The video shows the vehicle, (I am clueless about vehicle types) not sure if the parts are interchangeable with the Z71 that police are looking for, but why on earth would someone steal a passenger door panel, air vents and tail lights unless you had your own damaged?

Just something to think about

I think the vehicle they showed in the video is a Yukon, but I'm not sure and I haven't a clue as to whether a Yukon's parts could be swapped with a Silverado's.

Still, that's a really strange story and an odd list of stolen items, especially from the vehicle.

Yes, it's stuck at some time today, it's light out on mine.

It seems to me that LE would probably be freezing the W.Bay cam on purpose. Why let the perp see what they're doing from the comfort of his dungeon?

Haha! That's right, you better know it. Those small town tickets are expensive! Believe me, I know.

Most of them are easy to get fixed if u know the right people except Maurice if you happen to go threw there speed limit is 40 ur prob better off going 38-39

Don't know if this is feasible/workable/whatever but, I'm wondering if there is some type of cane farmers organization/network that LE could contact about getting the word out to the farmers (and crop dusters) to keep a close eye out on the cane fields.

I realize it's probably a long-shot and probably not much different than looking for a needle in a haystack but perhaps it's worth pursuing.

There surely is, as I have a relative involved in a soybean organization/network.
I did a search and this is what I got:
http://www.amscl.org/SugarMills.htm

I think that's an excellent suggestion! In the early days they were asking all property owners to check their own propery. I think they need to make another annoucement IMO
I think it would behoove LE to make at least one more mass appeal to the public and specifically mention farmers, multi-acre landowners, fishermen, camp owners, hunting leases, abandoned or seldom used structures, etc. It sure wouldn't hurt ... what have they got to lose by doing that?

That the bike was dumped there was just not a good sign to me. Honestly, the body could have been dumped with the bike and we will never know. I think we've ruled that out because LE told us they found no evidence that Mickey was ever there. Does that really matter? Wouldn't that kind of evidence be easy to cover up in that environment? To me, the on,y way they could,d know Mickey wasn't there is if there was a note in a zip lock attached to the bike detailing that she wasn't there. And even that could be false.

We've got the Basin, we've got the numerous other small swampy waterways, we've got the farmland, we've got the country residences...what we don't have is closure. We must figure this out. We can't leave this family like this. The brother has not been in the spotlight, but imagine what he's going through. When you look back on your HS graduation, what do you remember? If we don't figure this out, he will forever remember his HS graduation as a day that didn't symbolize the beginning of the rest of his life, but instead the end to life as he knew it. This has ruined the beginning of his adulthood. And that's so not fair. We have to find her, or at least find out what happened to her. She needs to be brought back to her family, ideally alive with the strength to over come what happened, and, worst case, just brought back for closure. There are so many young people impacted by this case, and so there's such a waterfall effect. This will haunt us for years. We have to figure this out.

Great post!

I couldn't even begin to guess. There are a ton of run off branches to the Atchafalaya between here and the Gulf. Bodies usually sink, then resurface from decomposition, then sink again so I don't know if it'll flow downstream if she was put into the water.
This site had some info that was interesting about the Basin:
http://www.basinbuddies.org/

good site, so yeah, just more places to search :(

too many little tributaries

but considering what Bessie said about dumping the bike first then the awful unthinkable happening afterward, i'm starting to think she's right. so maybe only the bike was put in whiskey bay.

goodness, i wish the police would speak to the public again. even if they don't give us new information, it would be courteous of them to address us

Great post!

Thank you. I reread it and think it might underscore the damage that's been done the beginning of her brothers adulthood. What I meant to convey is that his graduation day will forever be tainted, no matter the outcome. But it'll be a lot easier for him to grow into eventual adulthood if we can get some answers. Otherwise...I don't even want to think about it. No one asked for this, not Mickey, not the family. But while it may be too late to save Mickey (if she has the strength to overcome, I hope it's not), its not too late to save them. So no matter where the clues lead us, for them, let's not give up.

Vermilion parish, adjacent on the southwest side of Lafayette parish, has a public dump/landfill. I wonder if it's been checked. Lafayette parish doesn't have a public landfill. Neither does Iberia parish.

Iberia has a now-defunct landfill off LA 31 (Main Hwy.), near the "back side" of Spanish Lake. Additionally, there is a a non-household landfill (trees, debris) located on LA 88 near Acadiana Regional Airport.

And there's also a huge landfill (visible from I-10) near Welsh, out in Acadia Parish (IIRC).

Going to bed, hoping and praying like I have every night since I heard about this case that the Shunicks get some answers tomorrow & there will be a huge break in the case tomorrow. Let's bring Mickey home tomorrow. Let's all hope, pray, send out positive vibes, meditate - whatever it is you do - and send it all Mickey's way.

And with that, I am off to bed. Here's to finding Mickey tomorrow! #KTF #LFM!

There surely is, as I have a relative involved in a soybean organization/network.
I did a search and this is what I got:
http://www.amscl.org/SugarMills.htm

Thanks for the links! I'll ask my husband in the morning to get the word out to his mill and to other farmers to keep their eyes open. Our son is engaged to the daughter of a sugar mill owner. I'll ask her to put out the word as well.
mahmoo, I could not find your original post asking about this but thank-you!

I called the tips line when the pictures of the truck were released an told them they may want to watch whos going in an out of pull apart ... Got giggled at I still hope they reported this!!!

I called the tips line when the pictures of the truck were released an told them they may want to watch whos going in an out of pull apart ... Got giggled at I still hope they reported this!!!

pull apart?? Is that like a pick-and-pay junkyard?:waitasec:

Thank you. I reread it and think it might underscore the damage that's been done the beginning of her brothers adulthood. What I meant to convey is that his graduation day will forever be tainted, no matter the outcome. But it'll be a lot easier for him to grow into eventual adulthood if we can get some answers. Otherwise...I don't even want to think about it. No one asked for this, not Mickey, not the family. But while it may be too late to save Mickey (if she has the strength to overcome, I hope it's not), its not too late to save them. So no matter where the clues lead us, for them, let's not give up.
I have been thinking a lot lately, how do you save a family from the aftereffects of something like this?

Yes graveyard for vehicles that nobody wants ur able to pull off those vehicles the working parts or non damaged ones for cheap to use on ur car or truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77