Fact vs Spin - The defense never rests

vlpate

Reaction score
From the Dr. Phil Interview:

SPIN:

Joe Tacopina on Dr. Phil

JoeT: Uh, Dr.Phil, I can enlighten you a little bit on that. There were, um, a lot of people coming forward, and, you know, there was some substantial leads that were developed including 3, and I repeat, 3 witnesses who saw an individual in the area, uh, walking around various parts of that suburb of Kansas City with a baby in a diaper and nothing more. At midnight, at two in the morning and four in the morning. Independent, absolutely credible witnesses who don't know the family or anyone else, made 3 independent sightings. To me, that is powerful evidence that there is leads that are out there that need to be followed.

Dr.Phil: Alright, now, let's talk about these sightings that you are talking about. I understand that, at least one of those, there's actually video tape, uh, of a person walking and it was forty-five degrees out, and I believe one of these sightings was a person in just a shirt and pants, carrying a baby. No coat, no blankets, not anything in forty-five degrees out. Is, is that true?

JoeT: That's accurate. Actually, it's a direct trajectory away from the house. The first sighting was around, you know, a little after midnight, close by to the, to uh, Deb and Jeremy's house. Uh, then we see that videotape around 2 in the morning at a gas station which is a little further away, but it's also near a wood-uh, wooded area, right behind the gas station where you see that individual disappear into. Very nearby a dumpster where there was a fire that night, and scorched baby clothes were in. Then, a little further down the road, about two hours later, Mike Thompson, another individual witness, driving, sees a man matching the same description as the individual by the Irwin home, carrying a baby with just a diaper on. That is- you know, I've been a prosecutor and a defense lawyer, that is pretty powerful evidence that there are answers out there.

Bold One FACT: The "white blob", which has not been determined to be male or female - and certainly has not been determined to be carrying anything, was coming OUT of the "wooded area", not going INTO the "wooded area". The "wooded area" is actually just a line of trees separating the busy street from a residential area.

Bold Two FACT: The blob was seen in front of the BP gas station, not in back of it.
Side note: The bar Jersey was kicked out of is practically in the same parking lot as the BP station.

Bold Three FACT: Thompson described the man as around 5-feet-7, between 140 and 150 with salt and pepper hair (he later pointed to DB's neighbor as the man he saw carrying the baby). The neighbor, Lisa, described the man as tall, thin, and balding, (sounds like Jeremy?).

So, we have 2 of the three witnesses describing two different men, and a blob that can't be described at all. What I find interesting is the fact that the blob was seen so near to the house where MW was staying (1/2 mile away), and across the street from the bar Jersey was kicked out of - and NONE of them mention these facts.

Yep, 2 diff descriptions and MT story changed on various occasions. MT went from saying the guy just looked at him to he asked the guy if everything was alright and the guy shook his head yes.

JT doesn't care about what anyone who's followed the case thinks or that we know he's full of you know what. He's speaking to those people who haven't followed the case, a potential future jury pool, first steps in planting reasonable doubt in their minds. He sounds convincing to those that don't know that he lies through his teeth.

Just lke DB said, JT wanted to reach all those people who never followed the news.

JMHO

ITA. Most people don't know all the details and now they are under impression that there were three credible independent witnesses that saw a man with a baby, and described that man the same way, and not only that, this man is on videotape.

Has Bill Stanton announced when his presser with the mindboggling new info will be?

The Kidnapper for Hire Spin..aka, Fabrication

Did handyman ‘Jersey’ brag about being paid to steal Baby Lisa Irwin?

"Deborah and Jeremy’s newest local defense attorney, John Picerno, spoke to Megyn Kelly on Friday with his reaction to the claim by a person in Kansas City that the handyman known as “Jersey” was heard bragging about being paid $300 to steal the then-10-month old baby Lisa Irwin from her home.

According to Picerno, the mother of a teen girl said her daughter admitted that a male friend of hers was told by “Jersey” that he’d been hired to “get” Baby Lisa.

Picerno said he doesn’t yet have the name of the friend, who told this to the teen, who in turn told her mother.

Fox News reports Picerno did speak with the girl this week and says he believes her allegations. "

Oh really?

Teen Didn't Say Jersey Was Paid

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Isabelle Zehnder ) -- KSHB NBC Action News’ Investigative Reporter Russ Ptacek tracked down and spoke with the teen who reportedly said a handyman named “Jersey” had bragged about being paid $300 to steal missing 10-month-old Baby Lisa Irwin, and learned Saturday that neither the teen nor Jersey ever said that.
<snip>
"“The legal team put this information out as a possible theory which got big headlines … without even talking to this kid?” Russ asked Stanton.

Stanton replied, “Well, most things, while they ‘might have’ they ‘may have’ … I’m not sure. But then again it’s the press that makes the headlines.”
<snip>
"When asked about his statement that “Jersey” bragged about being paid $300 to steal Baby Lisa, the teen adamantly denied it."
<snip>
"“Until there’s further investigation I’m going to take him at his word. You know, I met his, I met his alleged girlfriend and she and her mother would give me this information. And, while it’s interesting, it may be people who are overzealous,” Stanton said."

Who's overzealous? And where did Wild Bill learn that big word?:waitasec:

"Deborah and Jeremy’s newest local defense attorney, John Picerno, spoke to Megyn Kelly on Friday with his reaction to the claim by a person in Kansas City that the handyman known as “Jersey” was heard bragging about being paid $300 to steal the then-10-month old baby Lisa Irwin from her home.

According to Picerno, the mother of a teen girl said her daughter admitted that a male friend of hers was told by “Jersey” that he’d been hired to “get” Baby Lisa.

Picerno said he doesn’t yet have the name of the friend, who told this to the teen, who in turn told her mother.

Fox News reports Picerno did speak with the girl this week and says he believes her allegations. "

Oh really?

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Isabelle Zehnder ) -- KSHB NBC Action News’ Investigative Reporter Russ Ptacek tracked down and spoke with the teen who reportedly said a handyman named “Jersey” had bragged about being paid $300 to steal missing 10-month-old Baby Lisa Irwin, and learned Saturday that neither the teen nor Jersey ever said that.
<snip>
"“The legal team put this information out as a possible theory which got big headlines … without even talking to this kid?” Russ asked Stanton.

Stanton replied, “Well, most things, while they ‘might have’ they ‘may have’ … I’m not sure. But then again it’s the press that makes the headlines.”
<snip>
"When asked about his statement that “Jersey” bragged about being paid $300 to steal Baby Lisa, the teen adamantly denied it."
<snip>
"“Until there’s further investigation I’m going to take him at his word. You know, I met his, I met his alleged girlfriend and she and her mother would give me this information. And, while it’s interesting, it may be people who are overzealous,” Stanton said."

Overzealous is not a big word. I'm a doofus and I use it.

Overzealous is not a big word. I'm a doofus and I use it.

In what context would you use the word "covet"? According to Stanton, the kidnapper wanted to "covet" a child/Lisa...

Just sayin'.

In what context would you use the word "covet"? According to Stanton, the kidnapper wanted to "covet" a child/Lisa...

Just sayin'.

You can covet about anything can't you? Yes, I use that word too. Maybe I'm weird...

You can covet about anything can't you? Yes, I use that word too. Maybe I'm weird...

Covet would be the same as wanting. It's not something one does after the fact. But we digress :)

Covet would be the same as wanting. It's not something one does after the fact. But we digress :)

Yes, covet means to desire. Just like in covet thy neighbors :cough: wife. :cough:

Oh really?

<snip>

<snip>
<snip>

Bumping since it got so off-track....

He's not much on cadaver dog knowledge, but he can take on a dog bite case and kick asp!

http://www.tacopinaarnold.com/DogBites.html

"Dog Bites

"New York Personal Injury Attorneys: Tacopina & Arnold
New York personal injury attorneys Joseph Tacopina and Rosemarie Arnold have helped numerous dog bite victims recover damages for their physical injuries, medical bills, and pain and suffering. With years of litigation experience, Tacopina & Arnold have protected the rights and best interests of countless clients throughout the state of New York. When you work with Tacopina & Arnold, you can be assured that you are retaining the services of knowledgeable, qualified attorneys who are well-respected within the legal community. "

:rocker::floorlaugh:

He's not much on cadaver dog knowledge, but he can take on a dog bite case and kick asp!

"Dog Bites

New York personal injury attorneys Joseph Tacopina and Rosemarie Arnold have helped numerous dog bite victims recover damages for their physical injuries, medical bills, and pain and suffering. With years of litigation experience, Tacopina & Arnold have protected the rights and best interests of countless clients throughout the state of New York. When you work with Tacopina & Arnold, you can be assured that you are retaining the services of knowledgeable, qualified attorneys who are well-respected within the legal community. "

WOW, thanks for that.......:what:

"Dog Bites

:lol::skip::floorlaugh::party::thumb::rotfl:

I would hope if I got bit by a dog the owner would have to pay up as well. I must be missing something.

I would hope if I got bit by a dog the owner would have to pay up as well. I must be missing something.

You're right Dewey, and I'm not making fun of people who are injured by dog bites....how my comment turned into that is lost on me. Children are injured and killed every day from being "attacked" by dogs.

Dog "bite" doesn't seem to exude the same seriousness as a dog "attack". Dog "bites" are easy money. All states have leash laws. If a dog bites someone and they were not on a leash, it's a slam dunk. Just seems like a stretch to go from dog bites to child abduction. IMO

You're right Dewey, and I'm not making fun of people who are injured by dog bites....how my comment turned into that is lost on me. Children are injured and killed every day from being "attacked" by dogs.

Dog "bite" doesn't seem to exude the same seriousness as a dog "attack". Dog "bites" are easy money. All states have leash laws. If a dog bites someone and they were not on a leash, it's a slam dunk. Just seems like a stretch to go from dog bites to child abduction. IMO

Jumping off from this, I found it interesting that he represents people who want to accuse LE of brutality. That speaks volumes to me.

And, as far as the humor part of it, it does seem a strange thing to advertise yourself as (Dog Bite Lawyer), but to each his own. Also, I think that this entire case has had so much seriousness, that a bit of humor now and then is a good thing, especially for people who actually have a sense of humor. I guess it's easier for me to find the humor in this rather than any negative bashing of anyone. One thing that we do know is that JT makes a lot of money for what he does, so guess he must be doing something right!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back