GUILTY Australia - Kiesha Weippeart, 6, Mount Druitt, NSW, 18 July 2010 - #2

I think it's an open and shut case, they should just go directly to sentencing.

i wonder how many years she will be sentenced and if shes in protective custody still and when the trial will be? i think robert smith got 25yrs because he pleaded guilty to manslaughter?

i wonder how many years she will be sentenced and if shes in protective custody still and when the trial will be? i think robert smith got 25yrs because he pleaded guilty to manslaughter?

She's being tried for murder so she would have to get more than what RS did. I wonder if he will be a witness in Kristi's trial?

I don't think Abrahams' partner Robert Smith who pled guilty to manslaughter and to being an accessory after the fact of murder has been sentenced yet.

Because he pled "guilty" there was no trial for him.

<snipped>

Kristi Abrahams made no bail application and will remain in custody until her Supreme Court trial in September.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-07-16/mother-to-face-court-over-kiesha-murder/4132242?section=nsw

more here from the daily telegraph, her trial sept 7th (sorry didnt realise you had already posted telegraph link)

Kiesha Weippeart's mother Kristi Abrahams to face murder trial after waiving right of committal hearing at Penrith Court

Evelyn Yamine
The Daily Telegraph
July 16, 2012 11:08AM

Kiesha Abrahams
Kieshas family charged with mu...

Kiesha Abrahams

Allegedly murdered ... Keisha Weippeart was reported missing from her home in August last year. Picture: Supplied

THE woman charged with the murder of her daughter Kiesha Weippeart has waived her right for a committal trial today.

Kristi Anne Abrahams, 29, will now face a trial at the Supreme Court in Sydney on September 7.

Although Penrith Local Court was ready for it to proceed today, with the magistrate admitting to reading 17 large folders as part of the police brief, Abrahams' lawyers said they decided to waive the trial at the local level.

Abrahams was brought up to court for a short time but did not speak or make eye contact with anyone.

She did not apply for bail and it was formally refused.

Kiesha was reported missing from Mt Druitt by her mother and stepfather Robert Smith in August 2010 but it is alleged she was murdered in July.

Her remains were found in Shalvey in April last year.

Smith pleaded guilty to her manslaughter and being an accessory after the fact of murder and is currently before the courts.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...at-penrith-court/story-e6freuy9-1226427006027

I don't think Abrahams' partner Robert Smith who pled guilty to manslaughter and to being an accessory after the fact of murder has been sentenced yet.

Because he pled "guilty" there was no trial for him.

<snipped>

Kristi Abrahams made no bail application and will remain in custody until her Supreme Court trial in September.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-07-16/mother-to-face-court-over-kiesha-murder/4132242?section=nsw

oh, ok i thought i read somewhere he got 25 years? its really hard to find any info on him regarding this case. maybe i misread he could face up to 25 yrs for manslaughter when sentenced. i think he did a deal and provided them with evidence so guess he will turn on her and be a witness. you would think they'd just sentence her and not waste taxpayers money, but i guess at least we'lll finally hear what happened to kiesha with a trial. imagine it will be heartbreaking!

oh, ok i thought i read somewhere he got 25 years? its really hard to find any info on him regarding this case. maybe i misread he could face up to 25 yrs for manslaughter when sentenced. i think he did a deal and provided them with evidence so guess he will turn on her and be a witness. you would think they'd just sentence her and not waste taxpayers money, but i guess at least we'lll finally hear what happened to kiesha with a trial. imagine it will be heartbreaking!

That's what made me think he'd done a deal because he hasn't been sentenced and how long he gets depends on how good a job he does testifying?

Ahh, so now it goes straight to Supreme Court in Sydney. Now I understand why she waived the committal. It's about getting a fair trial.

That's what made me think he'd done a deal because he hasn't been sentenced and how long he gets depends on how good a job he does testifying?

ok, so he wont be sentenced until after her trial.
it doesnt seem right he should get a lesser sentence though, i think he should get the same as her, in my opinion, i think he was guilty of hurting kiesha in more ways than one while she was alive, and obviously never tried to protect her.

ok, so he wont be sentenced until after her trial.
it doesnt seem right he should get a lesser sentence though, i think he should get the same as her, in my opinion, i think he was guilty of hurting kiesha in more ways than one while she was alive, and obviously never tried to protect her.

Yes, from all accounts he hit her on occasions quite forcefully. I suppose society expects more of the parent, particularly a mother when it comes to loving and protecting their chldren.

Yes, from all accounts he hit her on occasions quite forcefully. I suppose society expects more of the parent, particularly a mother when it comes to loving and protecting their chldren.

true, and she was probably the one to finally kill her. so sad

Ms. Abraham will be required to enter a plea to murder charges at her arraignment scheduled for November 2, 2012.

LE have an airtight case so I personally think Kristi Abrahams should do what Robert Smith did and plead guilty at her arraignment and spare Kiesha&#8217;s family and members of the community the anguish and cost of a trial.

Kiesha was harmed by Kristi Abrahams when she was 18 months old and Kristi faced criminal charges then; and Kiesha&#8217;s older brother who died shortly before Kiesha was born may not have died from natural causes so Kristi was a known child abuser.

After Kiesha was released from hospital she spent time in a foster home before she was returned to her mother and Child Protection Services had a duty to ensure Kiesha wasn&#8217;t being abused by her mother yet they didn&#8217;t even bother to find out why Kiesha was missing so much school.

It&#8217;s been 2 years since Kristi Abrahams reported her daughter missing and I have forgotten some of the details of this case, but wasn&#8217;t an inquiry into Kiesha&#8217;s death ordered?

Robert and Kristi were both charged with murder after they led police to Keisha&#8217;s remains in the bushland in April 2011 yet on December 16, 2011, Robert Smith's lawyer entered guilty pleas at Penrith Local Court on the manslaughter charge and on a charge of being an accessory after the fact of murder so an additional charge was laid against Robert but not Kristi Abrahams. Maybe additional charges will be filed and read at her arraignment on November 2, 2012?

I think the taxi driver who drove the couple to the shallow gravesite on April 22nd was the one who came forward. I don&#8217;t think we know the details about how and when Kiesha was removed from her apartment and I don&#8217;t think a taxi driver or anyone has stepped forward and admitted they drove Robert to the bushland in August 2010 but LE did not release key information on this case to the public and they conducted a fair and thorough investigation in order to avoid a mistrial.

Does being charged with being an accessory after the fact of murder mean Robert alone transported and buried Kiesha in the bushland not Kristi? Kristi likely stayed home with her baby and two-year-old daughter while Robert disposed of Kiesha&#8217;s remains.

LE collected evidence from the couple&#8217;s phone records that show one of them was outside the home the evening before Kristi reported Kiesha missing yet they told investigators they were both at home watching a movie with their children. There was evidence of Kiesha&#8217;s blood found in her bedroom and maybe even shower so if this was a circumstantial case, Robert would have plead not guilty wouldn&#8217;t he?

The fact they knew where Kiesha was buried is very convincing evidence so at this point in time I believe if Kristi insists on pleading not guilty at her arraignment and her case goes to trial, the jury will find her guilty and the prosecution will win the case but we'll see.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mo...-stepdad-dropped/story-e6frf7l6-1226223555951

I looked at several pictures of Robert and Kristi and this link has a photo which shows a tattoo on the left side of Kristi&#8217;s neck but I can&#8217;t make out what it says. Kristi has her mouth covered with her hand in this photo and she had her mouth covered when she appeared in court too.

Kristi Abrahams sent Allyson Anderson a letter four weeks after she reported Kiesha missing which read, &#8220;On behalf of Kiesha&#8217;s mum Kristi and stepdad Rob, and all family members, we would like to say thank you for all the gifts of hope and love for our beautiful little girl Kiesha. We will not give up until our little angel is back with us. Please pray for Kiesha&#8217;s safe return."

``They wrote this and knew all along. They let the community go through the heartache,&#8217;&#8217; Allyson said with tears rolling down her face.

``Kiesha is here, listening to us now, that&#8217;s the reason why I brought her photo with me.

Robert Smith wore prison greens at his court appearance and he was to appear in Court when his case was mentioned on February 3, 2012 but he hasn&#8217;t been sentenced yet and I haven't heard when he will be. He is facing a prison term of 25 years.

http://mt-druitt-standard.whereilive.com.au/news/story/kieshas-stepfather-on-manslaughter-charges/

While Robert's case was before the magistrate, many signed a petition which already has 3000 signatures to introduce Kiesha&#8217;s Law - so anyone convicted of child murder is given a life sentence, stamped never to be released.

Local film maker Saad Adam said he would continue to piece together a documentary, dubbed The Disappearance of Kiesha Abrahams.

I am ready to take the challenge,&#8217;&#8217; he said. 'Even though she&#8217;s no longer with us, I think the documentary will help bring about closure for a lot of people. I have committed to it 100 per cent and I will stick by it for Kiesha.&#8217;&#8216;

http://mt-druitt-standard.whereiliv...court-awaits-verdict-on-kiesha-abrahams-case/

Ms. Abraham will be required to enter a plea to murder charges at her arraignment scheduled for November 2, 2012.

LE have an airtight case so I personally think Kristi Abrahams should do what Robert Smith did and plead guilty at her arraignment and spare Kiesha’s family and members of the community the anguish and cost of a trial.

Kiesha was harmed by Kristi Abrahams when she was 18 months old and Kristi faced criminal charges then; and Kiesha’s older brother who died shortly before Kiesha was born may not have died from natural causes so Kristi was a known child abuser.

After Kiesha was released from hospital she spent time in a foster home before she was returned to her mother and Child Protection Services had a duty to ensure Kiesha wasn’t being abused by her mother yet they didn’t even bother to find out why Kiesha was missing so much school.

It’s been 2 years since Kristi Abrahams reported her daughter missing and I have forgotten some of the details of this case, but wasn’t an inquiry into Kiesha’s death ordered?

I see you also live in Winnipeg. I know the details aren't all the same, but doesn't this remind you of poor little Phoenix Sinclair, the bolded part in particular?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back